TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #707 of 1,582
I initially had problems with fit, but now these guys stay in my ears without any issues. I'm still not getting the same feeling i have with my Delta V.1 where i can forget they are there, but they are far from uncomfortable or problematic.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #708 of 1,582
Masters are waiting for me at home. Can't wait. I'm wondering if I should jump on the Icarus3 before the promo ends. What are the differences supposed to be between the two? I'm a big Trinity fan.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #709 of 1,582
Thank you for your detailed response Sam L. I really apprieciate the analysis context.
I have the PM4 as my go~ to dog walking set of iems with headphones for the house. I too love the awesome DEEP BASS power they add to my music . Never had any iem provide such a thick glorious layer of bass to the mix . (Sorry a newbie at sound descriptions here ).
Bob Marley is a profound joy with these .
Several months on I am now getting used to a lightly awkward fit in my ears so I can live with that, plus I am happiest with the gun metal filters so the imperfect threads dont get too much abuse changing filters now.
I think despite the new toy envy going on I will see if the Icarus 3 iems will be worth the wait. . . And just drool a bit looking at the red faceplate Masters in the mean time . Lol.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #710 of 1,582
I just got my Masters and have tried them for a few tracks of different albums with whatever filters and tops they came with... Sweet!!!!

Now, one issue / question: On some tracks (e.g. Carole King, The Earth Moved) there's a beat (sounds like a bass drum) that just overwhelms everything when it "hits". Is this a filter issue? a burn-in issue? or what?

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #711 of 1,582
I just got my Masters and have tried them for a few tracks of different albums with whatever filters and tops they came with... Sweet!!!!

Now, one issue / question: On some tracks (e.g. Carole King, The Earth Moved) there's a beat (sounds like a bass drum) that just overwhelms everything when it "hits". Is this a filter issue? a burn-in issue? or what?
The red filter that comes on them is one of the filters with the most bass. Try changing to the gold or black.

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #712 of 1,582
Yeap try changing to the black/gold filter, should eliminate that. I switched it and immediately preferred the other filters.

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #713 of 1,582
Slightly off thread but also not ...picked up a the bit opus 1 yesterday , i have to say it is clearly better than my fiio x7 with am3 so natural and resolving, been doing a/b testing with fiio and opus with the master and i have to say the master are fantastic with the opus (couple of others have commented on this pair up on the opus thread).
Feeling pretty pleased with myself picked up the fantastic master and equally fantastic opus 1 , you never know til you get them but feel i couldnt of picked up better for price to performance :smile_phones:

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #714 of 1,582
Posted in the 'other' thread but it's more positive here so I might get a better pick up.

Where, in the great iem hierarchy, do the masters sit? In terms of quality and sound, ignoring price.

Gr07/dn1k/RHA 750/ t20/ dn2k/ shure 535 etc etc.

I can't find that sort of comment anywhere.

Cheers.

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #715 of 1,582
Posted in the 'other' thread but it's more positive here so I might get a better pick up.

Where, in the great iem hierarchy, do the masters sit? In terms of quality and sound, ignoring price.

Gr07/dn1k/RHA 750/ t20/ dn2k/ shure 535 etc etc.

I can't find that sort of comment anywhere.

Cheers.

I have owned dn2k , i have also heard shure 535 and dn1k and for me the master are way better. Both the dunus for me can be more sibilant/ fatiguing, i do suffer with high frequencys though use gold dampened on the master and i have never been that impressed with the shure 535 although admittedly it was a while ago I heard them and on the pair i listened to the cable had been replaced by another brand.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #716 of 1,582
Loving my Vyrus V2 and I was hoping they would hold me over until my Icarus iii came. Couldn't resist and my masters should be here Monday, can anyone clarify how many drivers are in the master?

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #717 of 1,582
I have owned dn2k , i have also heard shure 535 and dn1k and for me the master are way better. Both the dunus for me can be more sibilant/ fatiguing, i do suffer with high frequencys though use gold dampened on the master and i have never been that impressed with the shure 535 although admittedly it was a while ago I heard them and on the pair i listened to the cable had been replaced by another brand.

I have a friend of mine that is a Shure nut, owns several pair, and very few of any other brands. I let him try my Masters yesterday after bragging on them to him, and now he's thinking of buying a pair or maybe getting the Icarus III. I'd say that is a pretty good indication of how they fare against Shures.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #718 of 1,582
Loving my Vyrus V2 and I was hoping they would hold me over until my Icarus iii came. Couldn't resist and my masters should be here Monday, can anyone clarify how many drivers are in the master?

I'm pretty sure it's 3 now, not 4 as before in the predecessor.

Their site lists this in the description:
Each earpiece is fitted with twin dual coil dynamic drivers in a out of phase configuration to create immense detail and smoothness along with reduced distortion and high resolution audio with added sparkle and midrange from our 2nd generation balanced armature.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #719 of 1,582
Thanks both for the replies. I'm in. I'm on my third warranty replacement for the t20 due to memory wire issues. My 3 years are nearly up. I'm not going to replace those like for like. Going all in for 3 trinity products is a gamble I feel but, the praise the masters have received is high. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #720 of 1,582
Thanks both for the replies. I'm in. I'm on my third warranty replacement for the t20 due to memory wire issues. My 3 years are nearly up. I'm not going to replace those like for like. Going all in for 3 trinity products is a gamble I feel but, the praise the masters have received is high. Fingers crossed.

I can say only that Trinity's delivery times have left something to be desired, but what they end up delivering is definitely desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back