TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #676 of 1,582
Ok, after playing around with all the tips on my Masters I'm torn between the Silver undamped, the Red, and the Black. The Silver delivers the low end the basshead in me wants. The black delivers nice lows, super lush mids, and crisp highs. The Red is a mix of the two, but not quite as good at bass as the Silver or as good at mids/highs of the Black. I can see a few days of going back and forth until I choose my filter for the majority of use. Happy I waited for these. :notes:

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #677 of 1,582
Ok, after playing around with all the tips on my Masters I'm torn between the Silver undamped, the Red, and the Black. The Silver delivers the low end the basshead in me wants. The black delivers nice lows, super lush mids, and crisp highs. The Red is a mix of the two, but not quite as good at bass as the Silver or as good at mids/highs of the Black. I can see a few days of going back and forth until I choose my filter for the majority of use. Happy I waited for these. :notes:
I've been switching between those three for a week now and still can't decide which one I like best.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #678 of 1,582

For me i think they got better after a few days use as well, and like some others have mentioned also think they shine more with a bit of power.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #679 of 1,582
For me i think they got better after a few days use as well, and like some others have mentioned also think they shine more with a bit of power.

I'm running them off my iDSD right now and they definitely enjoy a little bit of extra juice.

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #682 of 1,582
Bingo! Thanks, the new guide was needed.

As an aside from the experimenting I've done I'm liking gold undampened the best just as I did with my PM4s.

I'm also back to using my favorite tips: medium Auvios. I've found the Master to be very position sensitive in terms of obtaining a seal and a degree of security in keeping the IEMs inserted. Never have experienced that kind of issue before... go figure. Might be due to the larger filter diameter which for me constitute the largest nozzle I've ever had to deal with. That and the chunky characteristics of the housing in my ear.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #683 of 1,582
I thought for the longest time I was going to go with the carbon plates, but these red ones are just too good looking.

5.jpg

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #685 of 1,582
Bingo! Thanks, the new guide was needed.

As an aside from the experimenting I've done I'm liking gold undampened the best just as I did with my PM4s.

I'm also back to using my favorite tips: medium Auvios. I've found the Master to be very position sensitive in terms of obtaining a seal and a degree of security in keeping the IEMs inserted. Never have experienced that kind of issue before... go figure. Might be due to the larger filter diameter which for me constitute the largest nozzle I've ever had to deal with. That and the chunky characteristics of the housing in my ear.

Hi Bob, long time no speaky! So you are really liking them eh? Mine should be here any minute, had to take advantage of the 60 pound price and grab an Icy1 as well. Don't even have mine but I'm with OldDude that red on that housing looks exquisite:beerchug:

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #686 of 1,582
Yeah it has been awhile! Aside from the tip issue the sound is the best of my IEMs. For me the best fit among the TAs goes to the Technes, then the PM4s and last these. Funny as my Puro IE500's gave me fits too as far as fit. (see what I did there? hahahahaha)

Kinda suprised more folks haven't gone with the red plate on the right and a blue on the left. :)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #687 of 1,582
Yeah, I've found with this particular shell shape over ear with the right tip and angle can be all the difference in the world. You know I usually go with a pair of my large Auvio's as well but lately I've found the Trinity Bi-flangers really work great for me. Jake sent me a half dozen pair and I'm finding them just right for several of my iem's. Really pumped so many of you guys are liking them. Like all my Trinity's the wait is always worth it, I've never been one to freak out and send an early:sos: LOL

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #688 of 1,582
I got mine. Went with the neutral gunmetal filters, with Comply Tips they sounds really good, but I switched it back to large kombi because I only got 1 pair of comply they sound about the same with the kombi's though. Any comparisons with the LZ-A4s yet?

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #689 of 1,582
Loving the black filters with Kombi's. Just finding it tough to insert them kombi's into different filters.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #690 of 1,582
Loving the black filters with Kombi's. Just finding it tough to insert them kombi's into different filters.
yep, had to use force to get it on. Like a lot. I tried to black ones but they were a bit fatiguing on my ears compared to the gunmetals. The comply foam tips fit perfectly no fiddling required. I've only tried the black ones and gunmetal and I prefer the gunmetal ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back