TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 24, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #661 of 1,582
Anyone want to give an opinion on whether I should go for the icarus or the master? I own and love my Sabres and I'm very curious about both IEMS but can't afford both :frowning2:
masters are quality but shine brightest with power. I ordered the icarus iii the other night, just because... I haven't heard the sabre but I would think the master would be closest to sabre, I may be wrong

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #662 of 1,582
So excited! Receiving my Master's by Thursday. The hype is killing me.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #663 of 1,582
These things look shockingly small in person. But that's great because if they were any bigger they wouldn't fit in my ears comfortably. I thought the cable and Y-split would also be heavier but that's not the case either, it's so light that the cable hops over my ear sometimes if I wear them over the ear. Didn't come with a case but they'll most likely live on the inside pocket of my coat just like my Deltas did.

As for the filters, I just spent a few hours laying in bed and listening to all the un-dampened filters and one dampened. I just came from Delta V2's (gold un-dampened filters and kombi tips) and these are just my personal observations:

Red - Beautifuly strongl low end, mids sounded somewhat crowded or tainted, maybe busy 
Black - Low end sounded really immersive and the top end had an insane amount of performance and musicality, mids sound smoooooth. These made my heart flutter 
Orange - not a lot of body to the sound coming out of these, flatter than my ex
Green - Less bass than black filters and highs didn't sound as ..."titts" but I think the mids were more in the foreground.
Blue - Sounded on the bright side, I didn't want to listen to more than one song on them
Grey - I realized they were dampened once I started listening to them, sounded okay, probably like the gunmetal filter on the Deltas, reserved.
Gold- Sounds almost like the gold on my Deltas. Very balanced and extremely precise in sound portrayal
Silver - Powerul low end, slightly augmented mids and clear highs. Less "boomy" than on the Deltas.
Purple - Very subtle bass extension, emphasis on highs which is where these shine. I didn't think I would like these but modern classical pieces are presented by these as if I was sitting in the cheap center stage front row seats where you have no leg room but you bear with it because you love hearing strings as close to you as possible

The black and gold filters are my favorite so far. The gold filters make these sound like my Deltas but with more detail and better bass extension and sub bass rumble.

Out of all of these I'm planning on listening to the black filters until my Hunters or Icarus show up 
beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #668 of 1,582
Ended up using very large wide bore tips with the gold filters and the sound is spectacular, the mids are absolutely spot on, low end resolution is excellent, highs are peaky when they need to be (some recordings seem to be mastered like that, and you can pinpoint them in the same spot with floor speakers).

Anyone else tried the filters out yet?

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #669 of 1,582
I have the gold undampened filters with wide bore Auvio tips on my PM4. But with the Masters I'm having an issue with tips. Those Auvios that I use on ALL my other IEMs including Trinity's PM4 and Techne are problematic with the Masters. If I move my head they unseal. If I get up to move the IEMs fall out of my ears. So in addition to trying different filters I'm trying different wide bore tips which complicate things beyond the frustration of not having a published filter guide for these from Trinty. Grrrrr.....

But to your point miko 7, the gold undampened are on my agenda. :)

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #670 of 1,582
I had the same issue even with the largest kombi tips, I had to look though my box of tips and grabbed the biggest ones I could find.
I don't remember where I got these tips from, they may have come with the Deltas or some Fiio IEMs.
They provide a perfect seal and push the Masters a little further away from my ears which increased comfort greatly and the cable finally stays on top of my ears when I move my head.

As for the tips, I think if you're a basshead you may want to use the silver/red, trebleheads may be interested in the dark blue and purple, if you like balanced sound use the gold, and if you want an unbalanced easy listening experience then choose the black, anybody treble highly treble sensitive may want to try the dampened filters.

it may be noteworthy here that I received 3 dampened and 1 undampened gold filter, so I pulled the white filter media out so I have a matching set, you may want to double check the back of you aluminum block that all the filters are as they're supposed to be

Attachments

• 18159517_10208891518420511_1310234278_o.jpg
    18159517_10208891518420511_1310234278_o.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 18159481_10208891518220506_976722107_o.jpg
    18159481_10208891518220506_976722107_o.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 27, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #675 of 1,582
Finally got my Masters! Trying the red filters with Large Kombi tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back