TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 29, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #721 of 1,582
I can say only that Trinity's delivery times have left something to be desired, but what they end up delivering is definitely desirable.
I have 2 pairs of trinity Iems and currently waiting for 2 more pairs, both times I have been genuinely pretty wowed by what im hearing and even more so at the price.
Trinity make adjustments along the way which can result in frustrating delays, but its worth it when the end result is like the master. Also I feel those delays are for all our benefit realy however frustrating, we get a great end product that clearly they are trying to get right for us and of course trinity get little returns and great praise in the end for products like the master.
So far for me i cant look at trinity as a gamble more an investment and so far they have paid off with my return

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #722 of 1,582
I have 2 pairs of trinity Iems and currently waiting for 2 more pairs, both times I have been genuinely pretty wowed by what im hearing and even more so at the price.
Trinity make adjustments along the way which can result in frustrating delays, but its worth it when the end result is like the master. Also I feel those delays are for all our benefit realy however frustrating, we get a great end product that clearly they are trying to get right for us and of course trinity get little returns and great praise in the end for products like the master.
So far for me i cant look at trinity as a gamble more an investment and so far they have paid off with my return

Sorry for any typos errors or anything else that seems wrong, not easy to type on my phone and the new site has made quoting and posts even harder from my phone.
Once again apologies

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #723 of 1,582
Yes I guess the bottom line is the sound that the IEM delivers and indeed I am very pleased with the Masters using gold undampened filters (well balanced, punchy, immersive, 3D sound stage) despite personal fitment issues.* But I would be remiss if I didn't say that I am quite disappointed in the elimination of the case and right angle adapter. With the later I would much prefer that to the included 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter which here will see absolutely zero use. And the case, bought in bulk, couldn't have been that expensive. It's an accessory that aids in dustfree storage as well as ease of transport.

I had bought a spare Techne package as they have been my out and about beater IEMs (e.g. doctors' office waiting rooms, etc.). I've always said here that they are very underrated for what they are. Folks had raved about the Hyperion and now their replacement the Vyrus, but as odd as it may seem most apparently missed the fact that the Technes were essential filter tunable Hyperions in a different form factor. I digress. I've robbed the archived spares of both the 90* adapter and case now for use with my Masters. Really didn't want to do that but....

In days to follow I'm fairly sure the Masters and Technes will see yoeman duty but the Phantom Master 4 will collect dust along with my Puro Sound Labs IE500 and Vsonic VSD3s. :frowning2: Ironically it is the one that I paid the most for. Oh well.... It may allow me to return the Techne accessories to the spares package and "rob" the PM4's. :)

As an aside I've retired my vintage '93 tweaked HD580s as the left driver buzz has returned and I don't seem able to fix it. Also gave one of my sons my Ownluxe A1 (UEs).

* the included medium wide bore memory foam tips may prove to be the answer. I'm trying them in lieu of my favorite Auvio mediums and so far so good. Would really like to try the kombi tips but they weren't included and trying to redeem my points rendered a coupon that the TA site shopping cart wouldn't recognize. Grrrrr......

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #724 of 1,582
I just received my Vyrus 2 IEM's, the literature is a bit outdated as far as descriptions for the green, blue filters, a current description will be appreciated as to how they differ and what they offer in the way of sound. Thanks in advance.

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #725 of 1,582
I just received my Vyrus 2 IEM's, the literature is a bit outdated as far as descriptions for the green, blue filters, a current description will be appreciated as to how they differ and what they offer in the way of sound. Thanks in advance.

HERE you go.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #727 of 1,582
IMG_1245.JPG

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #733 of 1,582
BobA with all the way on gold filter, fit issue with Auvio and spin fit and spiral dot. What I'm saying is the included foam seems to be the only way to go for me. But I will add that the masters are miles better than what I expected. Can't wait for balanced cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back