TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 24, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #646 of 1,582
What is Trinity's return policy on these pre orders? I'm waiting for an Atlas Delta but considering ordering a discounted Icarus III. If i like the Atlas I'll cancel the Icarus, but I'd like to be able to return it if I don't.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #647 of 1,582
  Can I borrow yours..? 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

rolleyes.gif
if you were in my country probably

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #648 of 1,582

Oh I did have a crystal radio under my bed in my elementary school days.  But later graduated to the big time with TUBES!  LOL

Masters are out for delivery today.  Still wish we had a filter description.  That said elsewhere folks are concluding that the shipped installed reds are the "new golds" that Bob preferred on the Master 4   https://tinyurl.com/k3zlnph

All I know is I'm using the default filters for my Phantom Sabres (from the recent clearance sale) which, oddly enough are silver and aren't even listed on the Sabre Filter Color Listing on the Trinity Audio site.  However, I find them to sound excellent with a nearly balanced sound that might emphasize the bass slightly...a sound that I very much prefer.  I've not even tried the other filters...
tongue.gif

So, who knows, I may just stick with what Bob has attached to the Masters already.
biggrin.gif

Cheers and Happy Listening!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I honestly don't remember what filters came installed on the Master 4 but after much auditioning I ended up with the gold undamped as my preferred choice.  Anyone recall what the M4 were shipped with installed?

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #652 of 1,582

Hunter is a single (dual voice coil) dynamic driver (PM6 has 2 of these). The chamber system for tuning (Instead of the industry-standard nozzle-system) + different balanced armatures should account for the difference in sound compared to the PM6. Chamber system + high-end BAs + Titanium housing (which includes a ton of extra man-hours) + top shelf cables should make up those extra $$$ bills. 
biggrin.gif

Thank you for the explanation:) I kind of lean toward PM6 now to be honest..

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #656 of 1,582
My Masters have arrived and I am flabbergasted at how small they are! 
eek.gif
  I couldn't crack open the whole package yet, but from the viewing window of the box, they look smaller (albeit, most probably thicker) than my Sabres...and I love the carbon fiber outer cover!  It will be a bit before I can get to play with them but later I will try to take size comparisons between the Sabres and Masters.  I really can't wait to listen to these...they look incredible in person and a lot tinier than I imagined! 
blink.gif
  Looks like Bob and Company keep trying to outdo themselves!
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #657 of 1,582
My Masters have arrived and I am flabbergasted at how small they are! :eek:   I couldn't crack open the whole package yet, but from the viewing window of the box, they look smaller (albeit, most probably thicker) than my Sabres...and I love the carbon fiber outer cover!  It will be a bit before I can get to play with them but later I will try to take size comparisons between the Sabres and Masters.  I really can't wait to listen to these...they look incredible in person and a lot tinier than I imagined! :blink:   Looks like Bob and Company keep trying to outdo themselves!
Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends
awesome bud! Enjoy!

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #660 of 1,582
This series is named Phantom for a reason.   Shipping dates with this vendor give rise to unseen deliveries; akin to Phantoms.

Did you read the headline for this thread please? "DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS" :D Please don't want to start negativity on this thread. We all already know all about it regardless. Feel free to talk about it on the original thread.

You want this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/15555#post_13450896

Users who are viewing this thread

Back