TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 30, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #316 of 1,582
Nooooooooo! You won't like the results!!
wink.gif

Well, I'm not an idiot. I'll wait to see how heat-treating my Shure 846's works out first.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #320 of 1,582
Right? Then a deep red followed by screaming like the Trinity guy.

The look of a man who just tried tattoo removal via heat-treating on the side of his face
biggrin.gif

"Arrgh! This is even worse than reading the other thread! Arghh!!"
etysmile.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #323 of 1,582
Right? Then a deep red followed by screaming like the Trinity guy.

I've decided to humbly put forward an improvement upon my orginal caption..
tongue_smile.gif

Mr. Tatman agrees to do a modelling shoot in exchange for the removal of an old tattoo from the side of his face.
However, he is unaware of Bob's patented heat-treating method of removal.

Mr. Tatman: "Arghh!!!! It hurts even worse than reading the other thread!!! Arghhhh!!!!"
Bob: "That's great, just hold that position and don't move! This is going to look AWESOME on the website!"
etysmile.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #327 of 1,582
I just got an email back from Bob about DIY heat-treating my own Masters. I asked about what effect it would have, and he said, "They will explode."

Looks like I'm about to have some new bass-cannons!

(P.S.: This was a joke.)

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #328 of 1,582
I just got an email back from Bob about DIY heat-treating my own Masters. I asked about what effect it would have, and he said, "They will explode."

Looks like I'm about to have some new bass-cannons!

(P.S.: This was a joke.)

I'm just stumped why they decided to use Titanium. I've worked with it and it's so hard to shape or cut or bend. I'm sure it has no audio benefit enhancing effect that I can think of except maybe that it does not resonate as it's very dense material. Maybe that alone was the reason? Other than that they are very light and can last to very hard abuse externally and will always look great.

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #329 of 1,582
I'm just stumped why they decided to use Titanium... it does not resonate as it's very dense material... they are very light and can last to very hard abuse externally and will always look great.

I think you pretty much just answered your own question there lol
tongue_smile.gif

I like carbon fibre personally, but no idea if it's good for IEM bodies
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #330 of 1,582
I'm just stumped why they decided to use Titanium. I've worked with it and it's so hard to shape or cut or bend. I'm sure it has no audio benefit enhancing effect that I can think of except maybe that it does not resonate as it's very dense material. Maybe that alone was the reason? Other than that they are very light and can last to very hard abuse externally and will always look great.

Flare Audio offered their IEM drivers in aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium shells. Same drivers. There is an improvement in sound as one moves to titanium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back