TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 30, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #304 of 1,582
A TA appreciation society, may one dip a toe or two in these celestial waters? If so, before treading through censorship I would like to acknowledge Rockjaw audio, a nod, a don of one's hat for their active ongoing interaction with past and present consumers!

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #308 of 1,582
Are the shells then sent to China for finall assembly or are the Hunters assembled inhouse?

Inquiring minds want to know right? I never even recalled they send anything to China do they? Are we assuming that cause that is where many things by default are made or did he actually state that somewhere and if he did I missed it.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #309 of 1,582
Inquiring minds want to know right? I never even recalled they send anything to China do they? Are we assuming that cause that is where many things by default are made or did he actually state that somewhere and if he did I missed it.

They would be happy to label it Made in the UK if that was the case, or Assembled in the UK etc.  Bob said many times that they are a very small team. You think they put together 5000 pairs of earphones? Those also have to be tested, tuned and compared against the reference. It's impossible if you have a small team. Also, Bob mentioned a few times that they outsource a lot. The vid was taken down though and no longer available.   

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #310 of 1,582

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/1440#post_12575700

Given, that was a really long time ago and the Hunter is their TOTL IEM. Not sure if it would go through the same production as all the other ones.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #311 of 1,582
They would be happy to label it Made in the UK if that was the case, or Assembled in the UK etc.  Bob said many times that they are a very small team. You think they put together 5000 pairs of earphones? Those also have to be tested, tuned and compared against the reference. It's impossible if you have a small team. Also, Bob mentioned a few times that they outsource a lot. The vid was taken down though and no longer available.   

Yes we all know that but they never said specifically who or where their source is and China was never mentioned or hinted at by Bob or anyone.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #312 of 1,582
That looks so cool! I'm going to heat-treat the cable and eartips too!

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #313 of 1,582
Are the shells then sent to China for finall assembly or are the Hunters assembled inhouse?

i think bob stated at one time that the hunters would be assembled in house (not sure if the shells are cnc'd locally or somewhere else).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back