TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 24, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #151 of 1,582
Bob said.. "Lots of people have asked us about the difference between the new Master, and the Icarus..Because they sell at a very similar price..(emphasized-)-They are very different sounding IEMs. The Icarus is not the most technical IEM, it's got a very rich sound, not to say that it's bassy as such, just a more rich experience. And it's got instrument separation and soundstage like nothing(than anything?) we've ever done. The new Master is more technical, more analytical, where the Icarus gives a more emotional kind of sound (maybe experience) just plug in and listen for hours"
Not verbatim, no I don't have a copy of the video, but I have a form of eidetic memory so I think you will find that it's close to what he said.
Edited: silly typo.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #152 of 1,582
Bob said.. "Lots of people have asked us about the difference between the new Master, and the Icarus..Because they sell at a very similar price..(emphasized-)-They are very different sounding IEMs. The Master is not the most technical IEM, it's got a very rich sound, not to say that it's bassy as such, just a more rich experience. And it's got instrument separation and soundstage like nothing(than anything?) we've ever done. The new Master is more technical, more analytical, where the Icarus gives a more emotional kind of sound (maybe experience) just plug in and listen for hours"
Not verbatim, no I don't have a copy of the video, but I have a form of eidetic memory so I think you will find that it's close to what he said.

Wow! Could you take my history exams for me? I'd really appreciate it! :D
In all seriousness, this is what I remember from the video as well. The only physical difference between the two AFAIK is that the Icarus has an 11mm dynamic and the Master has 2 7mm DD in a push/pull configuration. I could be mistaken though.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #153 of 1,582
Wow! Could you take my history exams for me? I'd really appreciate it! :D
In all seriousness, this is what I remember from the video as well. The only physical difference between the two AFAIK is that the Icarus has an 11mm dynamic and the Master has 2 7mm DD in a push/pull configuration. I could be mistaken though.

I wish it worked like that, I would be rich, :wink: But my memory is sound based, I can't memorise written stuff- it's highly irritating actually.. But is great for testing sound, I visualise and remember a lot. :) I could describe the video in scary detail, lol, the cars that passed, the weather, it's an odd thing, and it's about 2 weeks + since I watched it. :wink:
He didn't mention the drivers in the video at all, only the sound signature and his opinion of the differences. But you are correct on the websites description, 11mm assumed single dynamic and 2nd Gen BA for the Icarus.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #154 of 1,582
Well, I just popped for the Icarus III to go along with my Master order.  Perhaps I'll be able to offer my impressions when they arrive and I've spent some time with them. 
biggrin.gif

Cheers and Broke!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #155 of 1,582
So on Friday, I messaged Bob regarding my Master's order, I was told by Jake a week or two back that I would definitely have them before the 30th as I'm leaving for a trip then. When I checked if that was still the case a few days back Jake didn't sound so sure. Bob told me he would sort it out for me the next morning as it was 9 PM in London and he still had the time to help me out. So the next day I get a message back saying he's given my package to the courier to get them shipped that night for me because I have express shipping. Fingers crossed they get here on time, but the moral of what I'm saying is, Bob hasn't let me down or broken my trust, I don't feel unfairly treated as a customer, nor do I feel like I've gotten anything I didn't expect. So I really can't relate to those who feel like TAE has cheated them, sure complaints regarding communication are sometimes valid but they don't warrant claims of being ripped off, lied to or cheated. I have been given assistance and responses to any issue that I have had, promptly at that. Even if they don't arrive on time, Bob has done what he can to get them to me and it's now out of his hands and a matter of what happens in shipping. Thanks, @Bobtrinity.

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #160 of 1,582
I'm close to being in your shoes. Although I'm not sure what to expect in terms of technical capabilities from the Master 6 vs Hunter. Decisions, decisions....

Yeah, I thought I'd just pawn off the PM6 at a low price after listening to them to recover some of the cost. Or keep both if there is a noticeable difference. :wink:

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #163 of 1,582
Is this 50% discount code for Phantom Air & Delta buyers ?
I think this is only applicable to buy Sagaris I
Please confirm this @Bobtrinity

all codes and who is eligable and for what is in the email sent today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back