TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #121 of 1,582
Once you "find" your filter, do you ever change it? Once I decided purple was best for the Atlas, I never change them for different music. The only time I experiment with different filters is when I changed something that alters the frequency response - like tips.

I keep rolling filters, it seems it only changes amount of bass silver most bass, gold less, purple less and black after removing dampener on port it's less bass than purple. I always change how much bass I want and these filters chage bass

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #122 of 1,582
I keep rolling filters, it seems it only changes amount of bass silver most bass, gold less, purple less and black after removing dampener on port it's less bass than purple. I always change how much bass I want and these filters chage bass

On Atlas, the silver filter has the least bass. Opposite of your Trinity PM4. That can get confusing fast. Especially if people own multiple Trinity models. Think newer Trinity models are standardizing the colors of the different filters across all models. That is good.

Agree the filters mostly affect bass on the Atlas. Newer Trinity have wider diameter filters and allow more damping of high frequencies. My VE Monk+ came with multiple, very thin foam, earbud covers. There were left over 1-2mm diameter cutouts from when the earbud covers were made. I stuck 1 dot in each filter. It really smoothed out the top end of the Atlas without eliminating air.

Mar 21, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #124 of 1,582
On Atlas, the silver filter has the least bass. Opposite of your Trinity PM4. That can get confusing fast. Especially if people own multiple Trinity models. Think newer Trinity models are standardizing the colors of the different filters across all models. That is good.

Agree the filters mostly affect bass on the Atlas. Newer Trinity have wider diameter filters and allow more damping of high frequencies. My VE Monk+ came with multiple, very thin foam, earbud covers. There were left over 1-2mm diameter cutouts from when the earbud covers were made. I stuck 1 dot in each filter. It really smoothed out the top end of the Atlas without eliminating air.

I've thrown away ve monk foams to do this mod as well I threw away ve monk flare is so much better albeit not fair comparison by price difference

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #125 of 1,582
Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread after seeing one of the posts on the front page of Head-Fi (congrats @duracek lol).
And I thought it was sending me to the original Trinity thread, and was confused why there was a bunch of posts that I somehow hadn't read.
Then the penny dropped and I recalled that @Hi-Fi'er had mentioned he was starting a new thread!
etysmile.gif

When I first read that, I didn't think it would really get used much or gain traction, and thought it might make things even more fractured and confusing (what with the 'Future of Trinity Engineering' thread etc), so I never checked it out until now.

Happy to eat humble pie and see a thriving thread! 
Coming here from the other thread is like coming from out of a hailstorm (other, less polite, 'storms' sprang to mind lol) into a warm living room with a cosy log fire
biggrin.gif

Great to see you all here and happy to come on board
beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #127 of 1,582
  Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread after seeing one of the posts on the front page of Head-Fi (congrats @duracek lol).
And I thought it was sending me to the original Trinity thread, and was confused why there was a bunch of posts that I somehow hadn't read.
Then the penny dropped and I recalled that @Hi-Fi'er had mentioned he was starting a new thread!
etysmile.gif

When I first read that, I didn't think it would really get used much or gain traction, and thought it might make things even more fractured and confusing (what with the 'Future of Trinity Engineering' thread etc), so I never checked it out until now.

Happy to eat humble pie and see a thriving thread! 
Coming here from the other thread is like coming from out of a hailstorm (other, less polite, 'storms' sprang to mind lol) into a warm living room with a cosy log fire
biggrin.gif

Great to see you all here and happy to come on board
beerchug.gif

It does make it more shattered and unclear imo, but the atmosphere is better here so maybe that's why people will stick

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #130 of 1,582
Dude! No 'Stairway'! :wink:

I am sorry, I didn't mean in it a bad way, just a "things are moving on", just like I would post when I actually receive the M6, along with a first impression.
Please accept my apologies if my wording was badly chosen.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #133 of 1,582

Hahaha I was actually refraining from commenting that and making some popcorn for when Hi-Fi'er is online again 
popcorn.gif

I was thinking the same thing lol, but the quote just popped into my head with perfect timing, and I couldn't hold back
etysmile.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #134 of 1,582
I kind of wish I'd ordered the Master with the super discount.. I loved the PM4 in many ways, but there were a few things that I didn't love, and I would really like to see/hear what Bob's been able to do in terms of evolving them into the Master
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back