TRINITY KOMBI TIPS
Aug 29, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #31 of 64
So ive been using them for more then 3 weeks and i have some thoughts about them, keeping in mind i'll be most comparing them with Comply tips (Model Tx400 - my favorite, T200, TS400 and S100). I won't do a direct comparison with the Sony Hybrids because overall i much prefer the Tx400 instead.

The Pros

1) Better value
2) Sonically it doesnt change the sound as much as the Comply's, i mean more than not i was struggling trying to get a difference.
3) It wont fit all the bores, i had to jiggle a lot to fit them in my RHA 750i but worked wonders with my JVC fx200, ofc this was done only as a curiosity.
4) Much, much, much higher durability, after almost 3 weeks using them daily if they were Comply's (depending on the model) they would already show signs of wear.
5) For some, like my gf it does not feel as harsh as foam.
6) Did i mention MUCH better value?

The Cons:

1) The S is not small enough for me, i can have a seal but it takes more jiggling than i want, so not as confortable as the Comply's for me.
2) The seal is not as tight as the Comply's (as expected).
3) Unlike my gf i feel more confortable with the Comply's.

To sum it up as long as it fits the IEM's im changing to Trinity Kombi's, they will last, they are confortable, they don't change significantly the sound and they are great value.

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #32 of 64
That's.....  semi-  ok

I ordered mine three weeks ago and still haven't received them.  I have tried to email 3 times but have gotten to reply.

I tried to change the color on my m6 to matt black as well in these emails, but now reply.

I hope you guys are busy perfecting that equipment.

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #33 of 64
That's.....  semi-  ok

I ordered mine three weeks ago and still haven't received them.  I have tried to email 3 times but have gotten to reply.

I tried to change the color on my m6 to matt black as well in these emails, but now reply.

I hope you guys are busy perfecting that equipment.

We have not been at work Saturday , Sunday or Monday as its been national holiday.

Also which address have they gone to as if I recall you have changed address once or twice lately :)

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #34 of 64
We have not been at work Saturday , Sunday or Monday as its been national holiday.

Well, then i must express my apologies and hope you enjoyed your time off, and look forward to hearing your responses from my emails.  

Wait...  So you don't work 24/7?

I did send emails prior, but i will allay further inquiring as I see you have received at least this message.

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #35 of 64
Good Evening

I was fortunate enough to receive a package of Kombi ear tips in the recent giveaway.

I enjoy music like everyone on Head-Fi but I can not classify myself as an audiophile and I am not sure I hear and can appreciate the nuisances and subtleties of music like the  seasoned audiophile here on the forums.

I am 51 with excellent hearing but like all humans as we age, the higher frequencies are lost to some degree.

I do not have an extensive collection of IEMs.  My only current IEM is the Fidue A73  that I absolutely love.(waiting patiently for my Master 4 and 6, dying for the Phantom Air).  I mainly use my SpinFitit ear tips with it but have Comply comfort and isolation foam tips as well.

I am going to give you my initial impression after about 4 hours of listening with the Kombi tips. I received the large size tip(I realize after using these tips my left ear canal is slightly smaller then my right.  Never noticed this with Comply or Spin Fit tip)

I use my iPhone 6 as my primary audio source with music from Spotify(max audio quality) and mp3 in my iTunes collection of varying quality. I have the EQ off.

I enjoy the music balanced with no over-emphasis in any range.  I am sensitive to fatigue from the higher frequencies. The A73 will sometimes produce this with certain songs and volumes, esp. with the SpinFit ear tips.

I listen to music from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, POP and some classical genres.

I find the quality of the tip to be very good to excellent.  I do notice the foam inside the silicone tip does shift around a bit after I have removed them from my ears but I expect any hybrid- silicone foam tip to do this.  The foam is secure in place and I believe these will be more durable than my Comply tips.

The tips are easy to insert in my ear canals and are very comfortable for my wearing times that have ranged from 15min to over an hour at a time.

I find the isolation to be very good and hear minimal to no ambient noise(except my wife screaming at me for not listening to her).  I have not worn them while riding public transportation or in very loud environments.

I am able to play music at my desired volumes while maintaining the clarity and punch I want from the music. They allow me to hear the various frequencies from the lows to the highs with nice clarity in a balanced fashion. They provide maybe a slight boost to the lower frequencies similar to my Comply tips.  I find the mids and highs are nicely represented and not lost, diminished or muffled.  I have not felt any fatigue in my listening that I sometimes experience with my SpinFits

I feel the Comply foam tips provide a little extra lower low end and muffling at times,  The SpinFits offer excellent clarity with a little extra emphasis on the higher frequencies that tend to make the Fidue A73 at times a bit bright and fatiguing.(I think in general the A73 can be a little bright).

I am very happy with the combination of the Kombi tip and the A73 and how the music spectrum is reproduced. 

I will post back again with an update and comparisons with Comply foam and SpinFit ear tips.

I do apologize if this is not very technical and I hope it helps some.

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #36 of 64
  Good Evening

I was fortunate enough to receive a package of Kombi ear tips in the recent giveaway.

I enjoy music like everyone on Head-Fi but I can not classify myself as an audiophile and I am not sure I hear and can appreciate the nuisances and subtleties of music like the  seasoned audiophile here on the forums.

I am 51 with excellent hearing but like all humans as we age, the higher frequencies are lost to some degree.

I do not have an extensive collection of IEMs.  My only current IEM is the Fidue A73  that I absolutely love.(waiting patiently for my Master 4 and 6, dying for the Phantom Air).  I mainly use my SpinFitit ear tips with it but have Comply comfort and isolation foam tips as well.

I am going to give you my initial impression after about 4 hours of listening with the Kombi tips. I received the large size tip(I realize after using these tips my left ear canal is slightly smaller then my right.  Never noticed this with Comply or Spin Fit tip)

I use my iPhone 6 as my primary audio source with music from Spotify(max audio quality) and mp3 in my iTunes collection of varying quality. I have the EQ off.

I enjoy the music balanced with no over-emphasis in any range.  I am sensitive to fatigue from the higher frequencies. The A73 will sometimes produce this with certain songs and volumes, esp. with the SpinFit ear tips.

I listen to music from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, POP and some classical genres.

I find the quality of the tip to be very good to excellent.  I do notice the foam inside the silicone tip does shift around a bit after I have removed them from my ears but I expect any hybrid- silicone foam tip to do this.  The foam is secure in place and I believe these will be more durable than my Comply tips.

The tips are easy to insert in my ear canals and are very comfortable for my wearing times that have ranged from 15min to over an hour at a time.

I find the isolation to be very good and hear minimal to no ambient noise(except my wife screaming at me for not listening to her).  I have not worn them while riding public transportation or in very loud environments.

I am able to play music at my desired volumes while maintaining the clarity and punch I want from the music. They allow me to hear the various frequencies from the lows to the highs with nice clarity in a balanced fashion. They provide maybe a slight boost to the lower frequencies similar to my Comply tips.  I find the mids and highs are nicely represented and not lost, diminished or muffled.  I have not felt any fatigue in my listening that I sometimes experience with my SpinFits

I feel the Comply foam tips provide a little extra lower low end and muffling at times,  The SpinFits offer excellent clarity with a little extra emphasis on the higher frequencies that tend to make the Fidue A73 at times a bit bright and fatiguing.(I think in general the A73 can be a little bright).

I am very happy with the combination of the Kombi tip and the A73 and how the music spectrum is reproduced. 

I will post back again with an update and comparisons with Comply foam and SpinFit ear tips.

I do apologize if this is not very technical and I hope it helps some.

Hi, which size Spinfit and Comply are you using, how do the kombi tips compare in terms fit? Thanks

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #37 of 64

Hi, which size Spinfit and Comply are you using, how do the kombi tips compare in terms fit? Thanks

I use Medium on the Comply, large were way to big and actually uncomfortable.  SpinFit are larger tips(I do want to try the medium tips though).

The Kombi tips(I have large size) fit well, maybe less snug than the Comply which expand a bit more to fill the ear canal.  The Kombi have a more full sense/feel than the SpinFit since they have foam in them.  The SpinFit are very comfortable but without the foam not as isolating.  I find the SpinFits have different feel as they are purely silicone

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #38 of 64
I received my Kombi last Thursday night (about 10 days ago), and have had some time to play around with them since then.

First off, I must warn you I am not a tip roller, having really limited experience with tips; those I tried were the:
- Shure Olive
- Comply T/Tx series
- all of Trinity tips that have been provided in each set I have ever owned (silicone, double flange, wide bore, Spinfits, Trinity foams)
- now, the Kombi

I really liked the Shure Olive back when I had them, but it was more than 10 years ago. Not only might my memory not be accurate, but I wasn't then in the same position I am today with regards to my experience with IEMs. I will therefore not mention these any more.
I have not really cared for the Comply's, as I have found uncomfortable as well as inconvenient due to the rolling/pinching process needed to fit them correctly.
When I first got my Delta v.1 when the Kickstarter campaign ended, I spent hours playing around with filters and tips and came to the conclusion that the silicone (be it stock silicone or double flange) were not tips I’ll be using: due to the fact I could not get a proper seal, sound felt really thin using them.
The Trinity foams, on the other hand, were one of the best tips I had ever tried (in all honesty, I must remind you of my limited experience), and I could listen to the Delta for hours without even feeling the earphones in my ears; I had the same feeling when my Atlas showed up, and I came to the conclusion that Trinity foams might be the best designed and built tips I could find.
When I first received the Sabre, I naturally tried the foam, but got a bit disappointed in the fit of these. The closest best tip for that particular IEM were the wide bore silicone, but I had fit issue occurring from time to time with them too.
Spinfit were a big disappointment to me, maybe because I could not fit them properly... From what I have read, one either love them, or hate them, with limited to no reaction in between.

I was given the Kombi tips as one of the winners of the Kombi sweepstakes.

They look a lot like silicone tips that I could not properly wear.
However, when I first fitted them on the Atlas (they were supposed to come along with them, as part of the Kickstarter reward), there was a huge improvement over the standard silicones; I may even go as far as saying Kombi provide a slight improvement over the Trinity foam! Maybe not so as far as comfort is concerned, but they feel really close (read: as comfortable as) to the foam in that regard.
The biggest improvement is on sound quality. Bass is more detailed - while still keeping its impact - and I have a feeling the Atlas controls bass even better when paired with the Kombi.

It really is with the Sabre that the Kombi show all of their magic: Sabre fit is finally perfect for me with those! With its perfect fit, sound quality also drastically improved too; not only do I have the same feeling about the bass response as I had when pairing the Kombi with the Atlas, but highs become much less agressive, while remaining as detailed - maybe even more so - as they’ve ever been with the Sabre.
Being part silicone, it was the first time I encountered the driver flex thing some people complained about. However, it only occured when fitting the earphones, and not all the time. I tried to reproduce the phenomenon, but I cannot reproduce it all the time. Driver flex never occurred when playing music and I must say if Bob says driver flex doesn’t do the drivers/earphones any bad, it really isn’t something I am concerned about.

Fitting the Kombi to the Vyrus is much harder (the Vyrus’ and Delta’s filters being larger than those of the Atlas and Sabre), but have not yet taken time to really experiment on the Vyrus + Kombi combination.

Isolation is, I feel, close to non existent when music is off; however, once the music starts playing, I really cannot hear any outside sound.

As much as I love Trinity’s foam, I think Kombi will now be the tips I’ll be using. Comfort is excellent, and they improve sound quality, especially in the low and high frequencies. I expect them to be more hygienic, being silicone, and not as porous as foams.

Another great addition, even if it only is an accessory, to the Trinity lineup!

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #39 of 64
i placed my order for both medium and large, how they will arrive soon to my address in Israel

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #40 of 64
How do these compare to the Sony Hybrid Isolation tips (foam stuffed)? Are they similar in fit and size because I`m having a hard time finding a new set of the Sony`s. I bought two pairs back in Japan years ago but the foam deteriorated on both. I`m planning to use them with my Oriveti Primacy`s if anyone has any experience with that combo, welcome to share!  

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #41 of 64
  How do these compare to the Sony Hybrid Isolation tips (foam stuffed)? Are they similar in fit and size because I`m having a hard time finding a new set of the Sony`s. I bought two pairs back in Japan years ago but the foam deteriorated on both. I`m planning to use them with my Oriveti Primacy`s if anyone has any experience with that combo, welcome to share!  

Search ebay for "Sony EXN-50" for Sony Hybrid tips (with foam)

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #42 of 64
As I came to receive S, M and L Kombi tips from the Kickstarter campaign, and that only M fit me, I am happy to give for free the S and L sizes (5 pairs of each). All I ask for is that who is interested pays for shipping.
I am located in Belgium, and for my own convenience I will go for standard shipping, no registered shipping, no tracking.
First arrived, first served.
Cheers

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #43 of 64
As I came to receive S, M and L Kombi tips from the Kickstarter campaign, and that only M fit me, I am happy to give for free the S and L sizes (5 pairs of each). All I ask for is that who is interested pays for shipping.
I am located in Belgium, and for my own convenience I will go for standard shipping, no registered shipping, no tracking.
First arrived, first served.
Cheers

Very interested in S!
living in Paris France.

thanks in advance.
c

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #44 of 64
The first person I received a message/post from got the L size; the other members who got in touch with me are (in order):
1. @wolfjeanne 
2. @yoowan 
3. @cazone 
4. @Silver Snail 
The only size I have left is S. I think it is fair to suggest that the first person in this list to be intersted in the S-size Kombi tips get them.
Cheers

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #45 of 64
would trinity consider changing the foam inside the silicon, to a bit a more dense foam and that is glued to the edges of the silicon, the foam is very loose and fluff inside 

i would like to know if a new version of those tips will come out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back