TRINITY KOMBI TIPS
Aug 9, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #16 of 64
Hello @Bobtrinity,

I wish to purchase a pack of KOMBI's

Your LARGE standard silicones fit me just right.  Your MEDIUM silicones can't make a seal for me.  However, I fear any larger than the LARGES may be too big.  How different/similar in size are they?

Do you know if my ear canal would expand if the difference is small?  (sorry, seems like a strange question to ask)

Because MEDIUM foam tips fit me, but LARGES are way too big.

I saw the measurements on your website, but I don't have the measurements for your silicone ear tips.

Is it safe to just match the sizes of the KOMBI's with your standard silicones?

I can be a bit OCD about ear tips.
cool.gif

I am another big fan of your standard silicones by the way.

Aug 9, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #17 of 64
  A long while a ago i considered fiddling around and making something like this when I saw just how fragile Complys are. I knew I was not the only one. I am very glad to see that a product like this is on the market. You guys are awesome.
beerchug.gif

Agreed! Comply foam gets dirty very quickly and the foam crumbles after a relatively short while. Crystal Tips were okay (coating to prevent dirt) but seem to have had a bad batch, the foam slides off the inner tube very easily
mad.gif
Can't wait to receive the Kombi's..with a bit of luck they should land on my doorstep tomorrow!

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #19 of 64
A long while a ago i considered fiddling around and making something like this when I saw just how fragile Complys are. I knew I was not the only one. I am very glad to see that a product like this is on the market. You guys are awesome.
beerchug.gif

Previously, I would use the Comply tips til they started to disintegrate.  Then I would strip all the foam off the Comply rubber center and glue a Shure Olive on there.  

The Shure Olive used to be my favorite, but it has been unseated by the Trinity standard silicone - yellow core.  (And I have tried a number of tips.  Spinfits and other generic tips.  But I'm not a master of tip rolling.)

Patiently awaiting my Kombi Tips.  Should be any day now.

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #20 of 64
Goodies in my mailbox
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to try em later tonight!
Found some minutes before dinner.. first impressions:
It took a bit of fiddling to get them on my Delta vs'2..somehow the inner tube is being a bit bitchy and my tips ended up a bit crooked but a bit more pushing and they're okay. The foam is not the same as the Comply/Crystal tips: it expands right away, so rolling the tip and inserting it doesn't do anything. After inserting I do -feel- more isolation than just regular silicone tips, but it is still less bassy than 100% foam tips (no surprise so not really a negative).

-my opinion after one evening-
They are truly an in between tip: not quite the isolation of foam, but better isolation than silicone. Comfort is fine: it is weird to have this amount of isolation, but still being able to yank the tips out of your ears and not being afraid of damaging foam. And you don't have to "roll" the foam to insert the tips, so it's quick and easy to use. 100% foam is still the best for me if I want true isolation and a nice bassy oomph, but these are pretty nice for allround use and I still get enough bass to enjoy.

If I did have to mention something for Kombi tips 2.0: using the foam used in the regular foam tips/Comply tips to beef up the isolation a notch. But maybe that would decrease the comfort level for many folks..either way: I like the Kombi's and will take a pair with me to work + try them on my Jaybirds/Adel1964's if they fit
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #21 of 64
Did the size of the KOMBI's you ordered match the size of the silicone ear tips you use or did you have to go a different size?

I wear large silicones, but medium foams and i don't want to order the wrong size.

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #22 of 64
  Did the size of the KOMBI's you ordered match the size of the silicone ear tips you use or did you have to go a different size?

I wear large silicones, but medium foams and i don't want to order the wrong size.

I always use medium sized tips, silicone..foam.., so I ordered M sized Kombi tips. Maybe you wear the large silicone tips to get a snugger fit/tighter seal?
@Bobtrinity did mention that they are almost identical to the regular silicone tips, which suggests you should stick to the L size for the Kombi's..

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #23 of 64

I always use medium sized tips, silicone..foam.., so I ordered M sized Kombi tips. Maybe you wear the large silicone tips to get a snugger fit/tighter seal?
@Bobtrinity did mention that they are almost identical to the regular silicone tips, which suggests you should stick to the L size for the Kombi's..

I was actually thinking the same thing so i purchased the larges.

I figured if no one was responding then that statement of them being nearly identical was true enough, and since no one was mentioning any size differential i just had to sign up for a test run.

But thank you for the feedback.  I do appreciate it.

Aug 10, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #24 of 64
I was actually thinking the same thing so i purchased the larges.

I figured if no one was responding then that statement of them being nearly identical was true enough, and since no one was mentioning any size differential i just had to sign up for a test run.

But thank you for the feedback.  I do appreciate it.

If you are normally a large standard tip you should be fine with a large Kombi tip.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #25 of 64
Patiently waiting...

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #26 of 64
If you are normally a large standard tip you should be fine with a large Kombi tip.

Thank you.

I'm looking forward to these guys, Not too silicone, and not to foamy, but just right.

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #28 of 64
Got my Kombi tips yesterday and now I'm doing a happy dance.  I agree that they can be a bit tricky to fit onto the Deltas but once on they provide an excellent seal and are very comfortable.  Plus they pop in and out of my ears easily. 

Was using the large silicone tips on my Delta V2s and Atlas and my wife had Trinity foams on her Delta V1s.  The Atlas fit great (but tips kept coming off) and the Delta V2s that I wear all day at work were not very comfortable (although they sound fantastic).  Put the large Kombis on all three and now no problem with Atlas tips coming off and the Delta V2s are much more comfortable (plus they sound even better).  And wife is loving her Deltas even more than she did before.   

I know everyone's ears are different so YMMV, but as far as I am concerned this is another fantastic delivery by Trinity!

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #29 of 64

Hi,

I'm interested in these tips, looking at your website:

Large: Outer diameter 12.28mm
Medium: Outer diameter 10.00mm

Spinfit M100:
  1. L size   : 13mm
  2. M size  : 12mm
  3. S size   : 11mm

I'm currently using the M size spinfit, which gives me a good seal, would the large or medium kombi tips be a better choice? Looking at the diameters it seems the Large kombi tips are closer, but with the foam, the silicon should compress less right?

Thank you for your help!

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #30 of 64
While I was out for a mini-holiday, my Trinity Kombi Tips arrived.  Yea!

The packaging is really nice and solid.  For those of you wondering how to rip into them, here is what I did.  Use a pair of scissors and cut the black cardboard a couple of inches above the plastic blister pack.  Then you can see that there is a reusable clear plastic container.  Easy peasy.

I immediately installed them on my Delta V1 and Delta VII.  You will notice that the nozzles are extremely tight.  I had to work at it for quite a bit to get them seated correctly.  I did manage to do it without unseating the inner foam or damaging the iem.  Success!  It’s the little things in life.

I purchased the small size.  That is my size of choice since forever.  No issues with fit compared to the Trinity small – yellow stems.

The isolation does appear to be greater than the original silicones.  But I don’t generally have issues with isolation on silicone iem tips.  I rarely hear anything encroaching when I’m listening to music.  Including my wife trying to get my attention.  She normally has to stomp on the floor.  With the Kombi Tips, when not listening to music, you can hear finger snaps.  When music is present, no snap sound.

I took my portable rig (see below) to my son’s soccer practice last night for an hour of uninterrupted bliss.  The best thing I noticed was that I rarely had to re-seat the Delta VII.  Normally, my iem will slip slightly out of position, and I need to re-seat.  I find that I have a habit, now, of constantly reseating.  But with the Kombi tips, I didn’t actually need to re-seat the position.  They were already staying in place.  Awesome!

I’ll get to try them in the next few days while cutting the grass.  That will be a better indication of isolation and slippage.  But for now, I quite like the Trinity Kombi Tips fit, feel, and isolation.

I am not a huge tip roller with respect to sound.  So I will say this.  Right now, I’m listening to Walking Papers album. 
     320 CBR MP3>iPod Nano>LOD>Ray Samuels Predator>medium gain>Delta VII gunmetal>Delta Kombi tips.
Everything is presented as it should be.  Deep, full bass.  Tremolo nicely echoing on the guitars.  Jeff Angell’s vocals are smoky and full.  Clear presentation, while highs are not strident.  I’m sure that is more of a signature of the predator than anything else.  Horns sound clear and bluesy on “A Place Like This.”  Overall, I’m enjoying the full listen of the whole Walking Papers album.  If you like Rock/Blues-Rock and haven’t heard them, check out “Two Tickets and a Room” for a good representation of what Walking Papers have to offer.

5 Stars for the Kombi Tips.  Why?  They are exactly what I want in an iem tip.  They fit well, isolate, don’t color the sound, STAY IN PLACE!!! are relatively inexpensive, and I can easily replace them if I lose them or need them for additional iem.  What more could you want in a tip?  Absolute perfection, Trinity.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back