Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Mar 13, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #1,516 of 2,949
  Thanks for suggestion, however, 500 bugs are a long way of my budget. I understand that paying 3 or 4 times more will bring me outstanding quality but this is not the way I want to go. My question is more like - will Trinity bring good quality? I don't really care if it is different in sound from GR07, reading this forum, I get the feeling that the members care about details that I really don't mind. My problem with PortaPro was that there was too much bass. Maybe good for dance music or rock but not for classical. GR07 are way flatter in the spectrum which I like. My question is buying one of the Trinity range, I risk that the phones will be of the relatively poor quality of PortaPro (thay anyone can hear) or if the chances are that the difference from GR07 will be like in instrument spacing, stage representation, airyness or such hard-to-describe details. If the latter is true, I'll probably be happy with Trinity. I don't mind the difference (i do not compare) if the quality is good.

As none of us have heard the Icarus and Master together, we can't be 100% sure as to their sound, but Bob from Trinity made THIS VIDEO to answer the question of what the difference is between them. It may help you decide which, if either, is something you'd be interested in. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #1,517 of 2,949
  Thanks for suggestion, however, 500 bugs are a long way of my budget. I understand that paying 3 or 4 times more will bring me outstanding quality but this is not the way I want to go. My question is more like - will Trinity bring good quality? I don't really care if it is different in sound from GR07, reading this forum, I get the feeling that the members care about details that I really don't mind. My problem with PortaPro was that there was too much bass. Maybe good for dance music or rock but not for classical. GR07 are way flatter in the spectrum which I like. My question is buying one of the Trinity range, I risk that the phones will be of the relatively poor quality of PortaPro (thay anyone can hear) or if the chances are that the difference from GR07 will be like in instrument spacing, stage representation, airyness or such hard-to-describe details. If the latter is true, I'll probably be happy with Trinity. I don't mind the difference (i do not compare) if the quality is good.

The FLC8S are around $350 but yea, I agree they may not be what someone like you is looking for either.  They tend to be the natural step up from GR07, and I LOVE their sound, which is why I made that suggestion.  The problem with the Trinity pre-orders is, nobody knows if they will be any good yet.  They aren't really known for releasing flat sounding IEMs though so they may not be what you are looking for either.  I could make some recommendations for flatter IEMs in your budget but it would be best to take that to PM's.  

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #1,518 of 2,949
The reason why I am interested in Trinity is also the possibility to adjust the sound somehow via filters. Also the price is tempting and they look good. Another problem is that I am located in the Czech republic. Our headphone market is rather small and most of anything I find is not available here. Shipping from the US (or anywhere outside EU) usually means high customs fees and shipping costs that make the price unreasonable. I found out about Trinity as it is sold here and I also think that they ship for free from the UK that means no additional costs.
But anyway, I'll be happy if you could suggest good phones in the price range of GR07 (PM is fine). I don't need to go a step higher, I use the phones usually in public transport with a cell phone as the source where details that one hears at home with a headphone amp, cannot be heard. I also have a good HiFi system at home, so the real high-quality listening is done there.

Mar 13, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #1,519 of 2,949
The reason why I am interested in Trinity is also the possibility to adjust the sound somehow via filters. Also the price is tempting and they look good. Another problem is that I am located in the Czech republic. Our headphone market is rather small and most of anything I find is not available here. Shipping from the US (or anywhere outside EU) usually means high customs fees and shipping costs that make the price unreasonable. I found out about Trinity as it is sold here and I also think that they ship for free from the UK that means no additional costs.
But anyway, I'll be happy if you could suggest good phones in the price range of GR07 (PM is fine). I don't need to go a step higher, I use the phones usually in public transport with a cell phone as the source where details that one hears at home with a headphone amp, cannot be heard. I also have a good HiFi system at home, so the real high-quality listening is done there.

Not trying to discourage you from going with Trinity.  Just advising caution ordering something that nobody has heard yet.  If you aren't too picky about sound quality you'll probably be fine.  They could be absolutely amazing.  Or polarizing like the PM4.  

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,520 of 2,949
I expect trinity IEM to be polarising. And this for me would be a plus, since I have some fantastic flat or semi flat cans, and IEM with characters (which can be somewhat tunes) offer a good alternative. Of course, I am not the picky type that prefers a sound signature over another also because I tend to change cans/iem depending on what I hear and on my mood (and even on if I am working or not). For people liking a specific signature and consistency, I agree the bet on Trinity or anything similar is very high.

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #1,521 of 2,949

I have considered Trinity v Rha v Gr07 v Sennheiser momentum when I wanted a good sounding , well made and comfortable earphone to upgrade from my previous earphones a year or so ago.
I went for the Trinity Delta . They were great with spinfits . They were a revalation to me back then . I then fancied the Phantom PM4 when that was in development .
The PM4 has been given a rough ride by folk mostly complaining of sub standard threading for the filters but mine have stayed in so far without issues . The sound quality is a definate step up since the Delta (imo).
I can honestly say it has been money well spent so I hope you can consider this a bit of reassurance.
You get an awlful lot for the money you do hand over in my opinion PLUS with the extra quality assurance measures Trinity are putting in place now I don't think you will be on to a bad thing at all.

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,522 of 2,949
  Hi guys,
I totally understand that asking this before anyone has heard it may not bring and ultimate answer but I'll try anyway (and at least it will be a different question than "when will it ship" :)).
I've been using Vsonic GR07 for some time and as the fixed cable is going to give way soon and the price for repair does not seem reasonable, I am looking for a replacement. Going through forums, I came across Trinity offering good looking phones for good prices (particularly the pre-sales) and my question is: Is it a good idea to buy Icarus III (or maybe Master) as a replacement for GR07? I don't have much experience with phones, I bought GR07 wanting to have something better than PortaPro. That got me to a completely new level of quality but I have never tried anything else. I also don't need to have a number of phones at the same time. One is enough for me.
I listen mainly to classical music, opera, acappella vocal music or acoustic guitar stuff. Would Icarus III be good for this? I understand that no one can really say but at least you have experience with some of the Trinity phones and can maybe compare to GR07. I admit that I have no idea if we are talking about a similar quality level or if either Trinity or Vsonic are completely a different level, impossible to compare.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Hi there, and welcome!
Thought I'd contribute to the answers you've been getting so far.
I own the PM4 and have pre-ordered the PM6.
I think in terms of your music preferences, both IEM's could potentially be suitable for your needs.

Icarus is described as offering a very good soundstage and 3D imaging. I could imagine this being very enjoyable when listening to a classical ensemble, opera performances (with vocals coming from different parts of the stage and so on). Potentially the 'emotional' nature of the sound signature could bring out more feeling for you in the music? That's pure speculation on my part though, and would depend on your own tastes (which, like mine, you may still be figuring out!)
etysmile.gif

On the other hand, Master is probably a good bet. If Icarus is contrasted with it as being more 'emotional', then that would perhaps suggest a *relatively* more reference tuning to the Master.
Again, speculation. But it seems likely. Furthermore, Master is described as being more detailed, and personally, I feel this hugely adds to my enjoyment of listening to music when I can hear new details that I hadn't noticed before.
Using the PM4 (from which the Master evolved), I noticed that it had a quality I hadn't come across before in an IEM, a kind of tactile 'feel' with regards to the bass and percussion.
This probably came from the dual dynamic drivers. I could kind of feel strings being plucked, percussion, bows on violins etc.
This didn't in any way unbalance the sound, but did make it more immersive.
Potentially, either or both of the Master and Icarus will also have this quality.

Finally, as you mentioned, the cable on your GR07 has succumbed to wear and tear. Trinity in my experience have been second to none in terms of repairing or replacing any broken or defective parts, so I think you will be able to buy from them without any worries about "what if something goes wrong?".
You mentioned in another post the tuning filters, and this for me was another major selling point (and back then, there were less to choose from!).
I could experiment with different sound signatures to figure out my own preferences, which actually turned out to vary from genre to genre, and it is possible to achieve something close to a 'reference' tuning with the right filters (grey, I think I recall?)

You also gain access to an 'ecosystem' that Trinity are building up. The IEM cables will detach at the Y-split, and if I have understood correctly, an inline DAC-Amp is currently in developement, along with a DAP too. You don't have to use them of course, but I imagine there'd be synergistic benefits if you did (going from other manufacturers who've done the same).

Anyway, hope all of this helps. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions, or PM me directly
beerchug.gif

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #1,523 of 2,949
  Hi guys,
I totally understand that asking this before anyone has heard it may not bring and ultimate answer but I'll try anyway (and at least it will be a different question than "when will it ship" :)).
I've been using Vsonic GR07 for some time and as the fixed cable is going to give way soon and the price for repair does not seem reasonable, I am looking for a replacement. Going through forums, I came across Trinity offering good looking phones for good prices (particularly the pre-sales) and my question is: Is it a good idea to buy Icarus III (or maybe Master) as a replacement for GR07? I don't have much experience with phones, I bought GR07 wanting to have something better than PortaPro. That got me to a completely new level of quality but I have never tried anything else. I also don't need to have a number of phones at the same time. One is enough for me.
I listen mainly to classical music, opera, acappella vocal music or acoustic guitar stuff. Would Icarus III be good for this? I understand that no one can really say but at least you have experience with some of the Trinity phones and can maybe compare to GR07. I admit that I have no idea if we are talking about a similar quality level or if either Trinity or Vsonic are completely a different level, impossible to compare.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Well, there isn't enough infromation to make a grounded decision for the icaurus III...  But it's in the price range you are looking for and at a tremendous discount right now,  You could always cancel the order later on, which is something I would verify with jake at trinity audio, but it seems that trinity is gettin' pretty good at making more agreeable sound....  It's always a little bit of a gamble with preorders and is the reason why BOB gives the discount, but trinity has a goal of making very good price to performance ratio products.  If you can cancel the order with no cancellation fee, I would think it is not a bad idea to go with the icaurs III, see how the out going batch of IEM's (hunter, pm6, atlas delta, air) fair with people, and by then you may have some more specific impressions on the icarus III.

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #1,525 of 2,949
Guys got PM4 a few months ago and was wondering about ICARUS does anybody can confirm that for head fi membership the discount there during the pre order period is 80 pounds overall cost for ICARUS preorder using HEADFIMEMBERS01 as a discount code in the discount field in the order form?

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,526 of 2,949
  Guys got PM4 a few months ago and was wondering about ICARUS does anybody can confirm that for head fi membership the discount there during the pre order period is 80 pounds overall cost for ICARUS preorder using HEADFIMEMBERS01 as a discount code in the discount field in the order form?

Try  TRADEUPPROGRAM not sure if it's still active. 

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #1,527 of 2,949

The code is GETMEICARUS for the price of 75 pound (expires 3/17/2017)

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,528 of 2,949
Mar 14, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #1,529 of 2,949

Try  TRADEUPPROGRAM not sure if it's still active. 

Thanks too.... but that code refers for those who really wanted to get only the new MASTER iem.....and allready owned PM4

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #1,530 of 2,949
Hello All, Is there any news regarding Trinity - Delta Hybrid when will be shipped. I`m asking because I check Trinity site every 2,3 days and stay on PREPARING FOR DISPATCH from quite long time. I know that was pre-order and because of that there was big discount but man I placed this order 08.12.2016 and to be honest my patience is almost over. I don`t wanna be rude or something like that but I`m a lil bit disappointed from all this waiting. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back