Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jan 13, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #797 of 2,949
  This is all too discouraging for new trinity clients waiting for still 3 IEM to be delivered (like me) :frowning2:

Don't worry. I love my Vyrus to bits and haven't touched my Shure se215 since getting them. Trinity make stellar products for an amazing price!
etysmile.gif

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #798 of 2,949
I honestly remembered that the Sagaris line is not part of Trinity, only the tuning was done by Bob.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #799 of 2,949
I can't take this. Will someone please PM me when some news about the PM6 comes out? This has basically become the "complaining about Trinity as a brand" thread.

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #800 of 2,949
I hate to say, but that has been my feeling too and I have only recently become aware of Trinity. They're a great company and I am convinced their products are real value for money. Yet while I am still very interested in the PM6, I am reluctant to buy until the reviews are out and I fear that by that time it will be sold out, or worse, replaced.

I am also a little disappointed about details such as the website saying the Vyrus includes silicone tips, but they were not in the box when I got them. I didn't realise those were supposed to be in there and am disappointed that I now have to search for alternative, basic silicone tips because I prefer those over the SpinFit, foam and double flange offerings in the box. It's nitpicking, but still...

Anyway, I do hope they continue to do well and I will certainly keep a close eye on how the brand develops. It is still young.

Have you emailed them about the tips? They always send any missing accessories free of charge.

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #801 of 2,949
i agree with you but right from the start, I foresee Trinity to be good and consistent but now that is not the case. Too much changes are annoying mate. Another 60£ for Master? No thanks mate. Even customer service has experienced a decline.

In what way has customer service declined? Every single person who had problems with the PM4 got it resolved.

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #802 of 2,949
Have you emailed them about the tips? They always send any missing accessories free of charge.

I had sent Bob a PM to ask about the Kombi Tips, but yes, it might have been better to send an email to ask about the regular silicone tips. Thanks!

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #803 of 2,949

I hate to say, but that has been my feeling too and I have only recently become aware of Trinity. They're a great company and I am convinced their products are real value for money. Yet while I am still very interested in the PM6, I am reluctant to buy until the reviews are out and I fear that by that time it will be sold out, or worse, replaced.

I am also a little disappointed about details such as the website saying the Vyrus includes silicone tips, but they were not in the box when I got them. I didn't realise those were supposed to be in there and am disappointed that I now have to search for alternative, basic silicone tips because I prefer those over the SpinFit, foam and double flange offerings in the box. It's nitpicking, but still...

Anyway, I do hope they continue to do well and I will certainly keep a close eye on how the brand develops. It is still young.

I recommend JVC Spiral Dots...  they are the best silicones I have tried.  Much better than Trinity stock tips, Auvios, and I prefer them over Spinfits and foam tips.

Kombi's are solid, too.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #804 of 2,949
In what way has customer service declined? Every single person who had problems with the PM4 got it resolved.

I agree completely. I've bought a lot, a real lot of audio gear in the last 5 years and no company has stood behind issue whether their's or your's like Trinity. As far as the upgrade price for Master, it was a deal for me as I own Vyrus amd DVII so Master for that price was a no brainer.  

And to those searching for tips, If you don't mind shopping on AE find the KZ starlines, they are cheap and work well. Set of tips SML for under a buck. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #805 of 2,949
I feel similar. I am waiting on the PM6 to arrive and am worried about the re-release of the master4. It's great that they are fixing / improving the pm4 but I would be very very unhappy if I spent 200+ $ on the pm6 and they bring out a 'refurbished version' a few months later.

Also, I might have missed it, but whatever happened to the prototypes that head-fi members were supposed to be getting?

I really hope that all this waiting will be worth it

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #806 of 2,949
Well, they got rid of the no questions asked return policy and even implemented a 30% cancellation fee... Which most companies only charge 30% as a restock fee on opened merchandise not stuff that doesn't even have a specific ship date...

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #807 of 2,949
Well, they got rid of the no questions asked return policy and even implemented a 30% cancellation fee... Which most companies only charge 30% as a restock fee on opened merchandise not stuff that doesn't even have a specific ship date...

Directly from Trinity terms and conditions

14 Day satisfaction guarantee

You know you’re in safe hands with TRINITY, our products have a 14 day money back guarantee. If you change your mind, just return it unused, in its original condition with your receipt and we’ll either exchange it or give you a full refund. We are sorry if your item is damaged or faulty, please contact enquiry@trinityaudioengineering.com and a member of the team will be happy to get you up and running again in the shortest time possible. We cannot issue full refunds if the product is not returned in its original condition or with parts/accessories missing.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #809 of 2,949
Let's just set a couple.of things straight.

1. Vyrus v2 is the same tuning as the first version, just includes new cable system and some extra filters. We sold out our entire stock very fast.

2. PM4 was on the whole very well received and yes we had a small amount of QC issues with a few which we resolved or are in progress of being resolved.

3. We have implemented changes for the better and will now stay as part of the core line up and any issues was our fault as we tried to include every request where possible and that just didn't work for us in the end.

4. For any bits that may have been missed from the standard package please email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com and you will get sorted asap as we always do. PM don't get read very often . It says this in my forum signature.

5. Sagaris range of goodies will get there first showing at Can jam socal. No further details until then. Also Sagaris stuff is very different sounding gear.

6. Back to the PM4, remember we sold over 2k of those things and they sold like hot cakes, the amount of problems was tiny in comparison to the number sold, but this is the internet and as always you hear more shouty things than you do praise, that's life.

7. For those waiting for us to finish production on pm6 and hunter it's almost finished and is the best we have ever done by a large margin.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #810 of 2,949

Interesting, I have been using comfy but they king of ruin the sound and create lot of pressure on my ears. 

Comfy?  I'll presume you mean comply.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  

I started out liking comply a lot.  But I moved to Kombi tips and found that the foam inside adds a little extra seal that makes a large difference.  You want those ear tips to be comfortable, but not loose.  In other words, you want that maximum amount of seal without discomfort.  Hybrid tips like Kombi allow you to do that the easiest IMO, instead of squishing the foam down and having to buy new ones. 

The comply's/foam's dampening effects can be good for some earphones, but I prefer a good silicone because it helps maintain all the frequencies and the sound is richer than it would be otherwise.

What I really liked about the Spiral Dots, except for their price, was the high quality silicone.  Just the feel of it is nicer, and that nicer feel translates into better comfort.  Also, Spiral dots have more specific sizes that allowed me to get the best seal even without the foam insertions, especially since I found I was in between sizes with normal stock eartips.

I wouldn't go cheap on eartips or not take them seriously because that added seal makes a large difference in sound and you get a whole lot more out of you IEM's for a smaller price than expected compared to the enhancement it can provide....

But I do like the Kombi's.   I needed a lager size than what was available and that's where the spiral dots came in.

But all in all, it's about the seal.  That's the most important part.  And a comfortable seal at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back