Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jan 14, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #827 of 2,949
yes this.
it is saddening to see a audiophile community oriented company since kickstarter days becoming a profit oriented one releasing new models after new releases for cash grab.
the vision is important for every company.
long term backers like me and some others have lost hope in trinity audio already as we observed them right from the start, those who knew about them during the PHANTOM era would not understand.
cheers.

They didn't invalidate your warranty or stop servicing any of the older units. They just made what they feel are improvements to the line. I guess you get mad at Apple, Samsung, and Google because they release new improved models of phone?

Also a restocking fee makes sense after the unit is in production. It's like changing your mind after the pizza is in the oven.

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #828 of 2,949

yes this.
it is saddening to see a audiophile community oriented company since kickstarter days becoming a profit oriented one releasing new models after new releases for cash grab.
long term backers like me and some others have lost hope in trinity audio already as we observed them right from the start, those who knew about them during the PHANTOM era would not understand.
cheers.

I don't see how you can argue the cash grab when they offer their products at the preorder discounts and offer a head-fi discount.

Even if you bought the pm4 and paid for the MASTER with the extra 60 GBP it still doesn't add up to the full price of the MASTER or the original pm4.  And the master can easily compete with the top IEM's out there like the LZ A4 and IT03 offering tunable filters and a balance in bass that rivals past trinity products.

Trinity Audio is probably the company with the most potential out of any of the new companies out here on head-fi.  

You made valid points before, but reel it in man.  

Jackpot77's impressions of the master are strong evidence that the changes trinity audio is making not only add to the quality that kept you along for the ride at first, but show they are making complete and final IEM's and acing them altogether. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #829 of 2,949
Let's just set a couple.of things straight.

1. Vyrus v2 is the same tuning as the first version, just includes new cable system and some extra filters. We sold out our entire stock very fast.

2. PM4 was on the whole very well received and yes we had a small amount of QC issues with a few which we resolved or are in progress of being resolved.

3. We have implemented changes for the better and will now stay as part of the core line up and any issues was our fault as we tried to include every request where possible and that just didn't work for us in the end.

4. For any bits that may have been missed from the standard package please email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com and you will get sorted asap as we always do. PM don't get read very often . It says this in my forum signature.

5. Sagaris range of goodies will get there first showing at Can jam socal. No further details until then. Also Sagaris stuff is very different sounding gear.

6. Back to the PM4, remember we sold over 2k of those things and they sold like hot cakes, the amount of problems was tiny in comparison to the number sold, but this is the internet and as always you hear more shouty things than you do praise, that's life.

7. For those waiting for us to finish production on pm6 and hunter it's almost finished and is the best we have ever done by a large margin.

The main intention behind this thread is the above posting. And hardly any discussions on that. all we get to see are pages and pages of imagined things and whining based on those imagined things.Some get too excited and set their expectations too high. And then go the opposite later and keep whining.   

Is Hunter, PM6, Air and the new Master 4 the order in which the items will be released? I've the PM4 and no complaints there. Looking forward to the Hunter. It's middle of Jan and with the above posting indicating that the production is almost finished, hopefully we can see these items getting shipped out by end of the month.

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #830 of 2,949
Bob/Trinity, I applaud you for your vision and bravery

Thank you

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #831 of 2,949
@bobtrinity what are the sound signature differences between the master and Atlas deltas?

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #832 of 2,949
I don't see how you can argue the cash grab when they offer their products at the preorder discounts and offer a head-fi discount.

Even if you bought the pm4 and paid for the MASTER with the extra 60 GBP it still doesn't add up to the full price of the MASTER or the original pm4.  And the master can easily compete with the top IEM's out there like the LZ A4 and IT03 offering tunable filters and a balance in bass that rivals past trinity products.

Trinity Audio is probably the company with the most potential out of any of the new companies out here on head-fi.  

You made valid points before, but reel it in man.  

Jackpot77's impressions of the master are strong evidence that the changes trinity audio is making not only add to the quality that kept you along for the ride at first, but show they are making complete and final IEM's and acing them altogether. 

Nicely put. I'm due to send the Master pre-production unit back to Trinity on Monday (sorry Bob, missed the post office today!) so just doing some last minute listening. I'll be honest and say that I'm not a fan of the tuning on the PM4, but that doesn't necessarily mean I think it's bad, it's just not lined up with my preferences and sonic "weak spots" as well as other IEMs I have in the Trinity range.

The Master is definitely an IEM that sits far more comfortably in my "preference zone" in terms of baseline tuning, and my impressions earlier in this thread reflect that. Do I this is an IEM that will destroy all competition at full price? Given that it sits squarely in line with the LZ-A4 and not far off the IT03 (slightly higher in price), the honest answer is no (and again, my comparisons reflect that). Do I think that it can hang out in the same playground with both of those IEMs? My honest answer is yes, and given the praise that has rightfully been heaped on both of those products, that's a pretty good standard.

When I listen, I hear something different to either of them, and different to the PM4. As long as people keep a bit of perspective and remember that sound at this level and above is almost as much about preference as it is about technical achievement, I'm sure this is an IEM that will find quite a few fans here, most probably the people who weren't enamored with the PM4. I'm sure it will also have a few people pining for certain aspects of the PM4 it leaves behind - such is life.

I should also note that I haven't heard the Master with all of the new tuning filters, so I have been using the existing PM4 filters, hence I have no idea what (if any) difference our improvement any of the new filter tubes will make.

To steal a phrase from a member on one of the threads I subscribe to, I have no skin in this particular game and I am just an interested Trinity observer (and customer), but I believe the patience everyone is showing will end up paying off.

To put it another way, I have had the new flagship RHA iems on tour for the last two weeks, and my opinion of those (relative to price and also on absolute terms) is that if I had to choose between those or the Master as a day to day listen, I'd pick the Master.

Sorry for the long and rambling post, but hopefully it will help bring a bit of perspective. For those who are on the fence, waiting until a few more reviews have taken place will help put my opinions in context as I'm just one voice (and set of ears) in a crowd - for everyone else, enjoy the ride! :wink:

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #833 of 2,949
audio123 said:
cheers.

The problem here is that Trinity has been offering so much more to their customers that people are beginning to lose focus as to what constitutes a good deal when it's staring them in the face

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #834 of 2,949
yes this.
cheers.

Seriously what is your issue?

Every company is profit oriented and that's not a problem since they also need to pay their bills and their workers. And for everything Trinity has done to their costumers,i really fail to see where they are overprofiting and trying to "money grab" people.

Almost every page of the old thread there was a "in Bob we trust" comment from you (in time, most of your post count come from comments like yes, no, "in bob we trust", TOTL Zeus Andromeda kaede kumitate) and now because one "mistake" that's pretty much arguable (since no piece of gear will ever be unanimous and there are people that genuinely like them) you are going to complain forever how sad you are like a spoiled child? Just do like the others who didn't like it, return in proper time and move on simple as that. Just remember: you don't need to destroy every thread you put your fingers in!

Cheers!

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #836 of 2,949
I think audio123 is right to make his comments and now they've been made, I'm sure they can find a better alternative as it seems they're very disappointed by Trinity Audio. That's life. You can't please everyone all the time, but I don't see any other competitor working so closely with their customers.

The pre-order system is as I see it as the next step after KickStarter. In that, we're the first to get the product at a discount and from each product launch Trinity Audio learn from the Good and bad with the hope that they get better at the next launch. That's the risk we take at the pre-order level with delays, changes etc, but I'd like to think most of us have gone in with this understanding. However, they have in my experience rectified any mistakes they've made quickly and I'm sure that's the same for 99%+.

I just don't think it adds anything to the discussion by repeating Good or bad feedback from the same individual. We all have choices.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #838 of 2,949
I've been searching for a while now but I can't locate Jackpot77's impressions of the new Master prototype. Does anyone have a link or page number? TIA

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/9915#post_13110029

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #840 of 2,949
I think audio123 is right to make his comments and now they've been made, I'm sure they can find a better alternative as it seems they're very disappointed by Trinity Audio. That's life. You can't please everyone all the time, but I don't see any other competitor working so closely with their customers.

The pre-order system is as I see it as the next step after KickStarter. In that, we're the first to get the product at a discount and from each product launch Trinity Audio learn from the Good and bad with the hope that they get better at the next launch. That's the risk we take at the pre-order level with delays, changes etc, but I'd like to think most of us have gone in with this understanding. However, they have in my experience rectified any mistakes they've made quickly and I'm sure that's the same for 99%+.

I just don't think it adds anything to the discussion by repeating Good or bad feedback from the same individual. We all have choices.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with audio123 to post his opinion but he's making assumptions on what Trinity's "vision" is and that's what's not right.  You can't just bash a company and throw around negativity like that.   That's his assumption of how he thinks the company is operating.  He's not affiliated with Trinity so posts like that causes problems in this thread.  Discussing problems and issues is totally fine, but discussing on how Trinity should run their business is not any of our business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back