Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #286 of 2,949
I don't think I have yet created an end product that sounds bad yet.

Maybe our sound is not for you. Such is life etc..

Reality is that we using this combination because it sounds better, the high frequencies are better controlled and just really nice.

I think we have been more than accommodating but I would say reserve judgement and comments until you read reviews or impressions.

I don't like the lack of certainty since I had hopes for what the atlas delta could do.  Thus I preface with the reason for my discontent.

I wanted to express these emotions because I know I am not the only one having them.

If you are receptive then you will understand the reason for this communication...  My words are not attacking, though they may be challenging.  My words have an insecurity to them that is significantly prevalent in other individual's posts.  This is a bit of the ripple from these changes you were aware would have this effect.  It must be expressed.

It's just that you built this company off the that delta sound.  I haven't seen such a high percentage of positive impressions about any of your models since the delta vII...  And the language used to describe the delta vII has not been paralleled by other IEM's you have released.

I just hope you're not throwing something away/ willing to ditch a beautiful sound signature...  willing to ditch customers made loyal off that sound signature...  I hope there is control in this movement of yours, I hope your momentum, which is necessary for this progression of your company, isn't abandoning what worked before...  Isn't abandoning who supported before.

Yes it may be an older model, but that was probably, IMO, your timeless sound.  A sound signature with a tonality you can always count on going back to and I will be so bold as to say, that this analysis is very true.  It is not just a personal opinion, but an observation of people's reactions to the delta vII...  to the release of the previously purported atlas delta.  

You don't like the, "in BOB we trust" and such cult behavior... that's good.  I just hope you are not willing to exclude customers made loyal off your original success, due to expressing valid emotions to valid uncertainty many share.  Just because you acknowledge ripples that will be made by the changes you make, doesn't mean the ripples won't be expressed/won't happen.  And if you are using exclusionary language to defend against this expression of uncertainty that many  share...  Than maybe it is getting a little too cultish...  even for me.

I of course will give you the benefit of the doubt...  It is apparent why...  I want that sound.

Just please understand...  The way you executed these changes were going to effect others negatively with uncertainty, and discontent.  Thus is the nature of such change.  Not for everybody, but for many.  And the only way to appease that in those, and not just myself, is to come through successfully.  I hope you do.  I want you to succeed.  I want to hear that sound that built the foundations of your company and the foundations of many supporters of your business.

I guess...  do the best you can.  Try not to leave people behind.

I may not have liked your other IEM's, but i did recommend the delta vII and atlas delta to anyone and everyone....  I hope you can understand.

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #287 of 2,949
I think the dual coil driver is an error on the product listing. I think Bob correct that here on the forum. Pretty sure it is single dual coil driver and dual BA, i.e. 3 driver hybrid

Trinity needs to look over the product descriptions and make corrections. The errors can be misleading and makes it hard to know what the product will include

Could be better worded but It is 3??? 1 driver that has dual coils and 2 BA. Single dual could still be confusing stated that way. Better to change "single" to "1" dual coil and 2 BA drivers. Not errors but how RHA and Trinity talk of their drivers that have dual coil tech. They could say our dynamic drivers with dual coils instead of dual coil driver perhaps but I, myself, have never confused dual coils or dual diaphragms etc. as being whole drivers but differently constructed single dynamic drivers.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #288 of 2,949
I don't like the lack of certainty since I had hopes for what the atlas delta could do.  Thus I preface with the reason for my discontent.

I wanted to express these emotions because I know I am not the only one having them.

If you are receptive then you will understand the reason for this communication...  My words are not attacking, though they may be challenging.  My words have an insecurity to them that is significantly prevalent in other individual's posts.  This is a bit of the ripple from these changes you were aware would have this effect.  It must be expressed.

It's just that you built this company off the that delta sound.  I haven't seen such a high percentage of positive impressions about any of your models since the delta vII...  And the language used to describe the delta vII has not been paralleled by other IEM's you have released.

I just hope you're not throwing something away/ willing to ditch a beautiful sound signature...  willing to ditch customers made loyal off that sound signature...  I hope there is control in this movement of yours, I hope your momentum, which is necessary for this progression of your company, isn't abandoning what worked before...  Isn't abandoning who supported before.

Yes it may be an older model, but that was probably, IMO, your timeless sound.  A sound signature with a tonality you can always count on going back to and I will be so bold as to say, that this analysis is very true.  It is not just a personal opinion, but an observation of people's reactions to the delta vII...  to the release of the previously purported atlas delta.  

You don't like the, "in BOB we trust" and such cult behavior... that's good.  I just hope you are not willing to exclude customers made loyal off your original success, due to expressing valid emotions to valid uncertainty many share.  Just because you acknowledge ripples that will be made by the changes you make, doesn't mean the ripples won't be expressed/won't happen.  And if you are using exclusionary language to defend against this expression of uncertainty that many  share...  Than maybe it is getting a little too cultish...  even for me.

I of course will give you the benefit of the doubt...  It is apparent why...  I want that sound.

Just please understand...  The way you executed these changes were going to effect others negatively with uncertainty, and discontent.  Thus is the nature of such change.  Not for everybody, but for many.  And the only way to appease that in those, and not just myself, is to come through successfully.  I hope you do.  I want you to succeed.  I want to hear that sound that built the foundations of your company and the foundations of many supporters of your business.

I may not have liked your other IEM's, but i did recommend the delta vII and atlas delta to anyone and everyone....  I hope you can understand.

Totally understand, that's why for those that still want the delta they can get one.

Simple answers we are building on the strengths and focusing on weaknesses.

The dual coil deals with the lower frequencies and the very lower midrange and the armature the rest of the midrange and upper frequencies so we end up with a nice fr without any upper harshness.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #289 of 2,949
Could be better worded but It is 3??? 1 driver that has dual coils and 2 BA. Single dual could still be confusing stated that way. Better to change "single" to "1" dual coil and 2 BA drivers. Not errors but how RHA and Trinity talk of their drivers that have dual coil tech. They could say our dynamic drivers with dual coils instead of dual coil driver perhaps but I, myself, have never confused dual coils or dual diaphragms etc. as being whole drivers but differently constructed single dynamic drivers.

However you want to "correct " emus fine BUT the product descriptions need be fixed, as they are not "accurate".

Look at Hunter it says 4x1 BA that implies 4 single BA
I'm pretty Bob stated it will be using the same 2x dual BA as Master 6.

Bob, wants to enforce terms/conditions and it states anything can change anytime but the product descriptions could be more accurate at some point.

I must say I'm do not put anything to the website/store front on products anymore. I'm not sure which ones are accurate and which are not. Does not matter as, it can change anytime.

We can get info here but it's not all in one place and leads to misinformation, misinterpretation and confusion

Here's hoping the Trinity website gets accurate updates

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #290 of 2,949
Totally understand, that's why for those that still want the delta they can get one.

The dual coil deals with the lower frequencies and the very lower midrange and the armature the rest of the midrange and upper frequencies so we end up with a nice fr without any upper harshness.

I, for one, look very much forward to the Atlas Delta, and think that the changes sound exciting

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #291 of 2,949
Bobtrinity,

I asked Jake this question but didn't get an answer. Can you sell the 2-pin connectors by themselves for those who want to make their on cables? Or is there a place to order them from?

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #293 of 2,949
However you want to "correct " emus fine BUT the product descriptions need be fixed, as they are not "accurate".

Look at Hunter it says 4x1 BA that implies 4 single BA
I'm pretty Bob stated it will be using the same 2x dual BA as Master 6.

Bob, wants to enforce terms/conditions and it states anything can change anytime but the product descriptions could be more accurate at some point.

I must say I'm do not put anything to the website/store front on products anymore. I'm not sure which ones are accurate and which are not. Does not matter as, it can change anytime.

We can get info here but it's not all in one place and leads to misinformation, misinterpretation and confusion

Here's hoping the Trinity website gets accurate updates

Again, saying it is not accurate is not quite the case. If you think it is confusing and wish Bob change the wording to be clearer fine. Deception is a bit much :)

The second one, I just checked, says 4 X balanced not 4 X 1  balanced so again not clear but not an error. The configuration of the armatures is actually not stated. If  it was stated as 4 X 1 then I'm with you being inaccurate but it doesn't and if one really wants to know the exact configuration you'd need to ask. Of course you stated that Bob answered the config as the same as Master 6.

Being picky putting the 1 in there?? If you don't like Trinity then you can buy something else. You already were talking down the PM4 with the "certain people on Head-fi who are veterans told me they aren't really that good" thing. Now being so picky on the wording and Bob is misleading people. What's the deal??

I am a veteran here since 2002(lurking) and I also felt the PM4 sounded "off' but found the cable wasn't the best match to sound the most natural and cohesive and I fixed it. Still not being this picky. Had filter burrs and other issues but still not "looking" to pick at Bob for little things. 

Maybe I've been here too long and am mellow and don't get riled up by little things any more
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #294 of 2,949

Alright

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #295 of 2,949
jant71 said:

You already were talking down the PM4 with the "certain people on Head-fi who are veterans told me they aren't really that good" thing.

Where did I say that??

I owned the Master 4, I returned them for fit, treble issues and QC issues.

I'm sorry you disagree with me regarding my comments on the website regarding product descriptions. I don't see that as not-picking. I think accuracy and clarity is important as it really matters when you're making decisions on what you buy.

You might want to look at some of my posts up until just recently I have been extremely positive and very supportive of Trinity. I've been very supportive on social media sites and their kickstarter regarding the phantom Air.

I am concerned as I still have Hunter, Atlas-Delta and Airx3 on order and Trinity has the funds. I also bought the BT lanyard.

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #297 of 2,949

It's good that you portray your thoughts and feelings in a "challenging way". Since there's not an IEM that everyone agrees on maybe you should look for something else from another brand that may be more to your liking and be supportive of that brand/model and use your insights/experiences on those threads. My words are not an attack but may be challenging and overal are just an opinion. There are thousands of IEM's im sure you'lll find something that fits your ears like a glove.

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #298 of 2,949

It's good that you portray your thoughts and feelings in a "challenging way". Since there's not an IEM that everyone agrees on maybe you should look for something else from another brand that may be more to your liking and be supportive of that brand/model and use your insights/experiences on those threads. My words are not an attack but may be challenging and overal are just an opinion. There are thousands of IEM's im sure you'lll find something that fits your ears like a glove.

I've found it hard to find gloves that fit my ears though. They keep falling off..

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #299 of 2,949
I think the dual coil driver is an error on the product listing. I think Bob correct that here on the forum. Pretty sure it is single dual coil driver and dual BA, i.e. 3 driver hybrid

Trinity needs to look over the product descriptions and make corrections. The errors can be misleading and makes it hard to know what the product will include

Users who are viewing this thread

Back