Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Feb 15, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #1,262 of 2,949
How does the ICARUS III differ from the new Master IEM?

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #1,263 of 2,949
How does the ICARUS III differ from the new Master IEM?

From website
Inside your will find our 11mm dual coil electroacoustic transducer combined with our series 2 wideband balanced armature

I'm not sure what a dual coil electroacoustic transducer is.

The master is a hybrid with four drivers. I believe there's a dual dynamic driver and a dual balanced Armature

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #1,264 of 2,949
From website
Inside your will find our 11mm dual coil electroacoustic transducer combined with our series 2 wideband balanced armature

The master is a hybrid with four drivers. I believe there's a dual dynamic driver and a dual balanced Armature

Series 2 maybe referring to 2nd generation. So might not be dual ba but single.

[COLOR=333333]Update again![/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]

How about the silver litz cables? TIA

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #1,266 of 2,949
From website

My guess is that it's just a fancier way to say it has their new dual voice coil dynamic driver. I could be completely wrong though.

Series 2 maybe referring to 2nd generation. So might not be dual ba but single.
How about the silver litz cables? TIA

You bring up a good point now that I read it again. Perhaps the Icarus III actually only has 2 drivers and not 3 drivers. 1 dynamic driver, 1 BA.

I have one month before I leave. Dammit. Guess I'll be listening to pm6 only in september. Haven't ever been let down so hard :'( but things are how they are...

I wonder if it would be possible for them to expedite your PM6 order specifically so you can get it before you have to leave. If there's a company that'll do it or even try, Trinity would be one of those kind of companies.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #1,267 of 2,949
My guess is that it's just a fancier way to say it has their new dual voice coil dynamic driver. I could be completely wrong though.

You bring up a good point now that I read it again. Perhaps the Icarus III actually only has 2 drivers and not 3 drivers. 1 dynamic driver, 1 BA.

I wonder if it would be possible for them to expedite your PM6 order specifically so you can get it before you have to leave. If there's a company that'll do it or even try, Trinity would be one of those kind of companies.

I've emailed them a while back that I'm willing to pay more if it would ship by that date and I ordered mine on indiegogo. They said they couldn't. Well, happy 6 months waiting for me :D

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #1,274 of 2,949
Well hopefully the Hunter starts shipping out before March. It has been way too long of waiting and I hope the sound doesn't disappoint. I used to be excited, now I'm just tired of reading 5-7 days more or 3-5 days more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back