Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Feb 12, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,188 of 2,949
Oh well, I have too many IEM waiting .... and I wonder if these make any sense with both Hunter and PM6 coming to me

If you are referring to the Icarus III then I would say no. Based on the very, incredibly limited info there is in them now they almost seem like a second Atlas-Delta. I would say wait for more info before anything. There is only 5 days to wait, and hopefully the PM6/Hunter will be on its way by then.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,189 of 2,949
If you are referring to the Icarus III then I would say no. Based on the very, incredibly limited info there is in them now they almost seem like a second Atlas-Delta. I would say wait for more info before anything. There is only 5 days to wait, and hopefully the PM6/Hunter will be on its way by then.

I believe the Icarus line up is purely BA no dynamic driver. In theory the sound signature should be different than a hybrid.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #1,190 of 2,949
I believe the Icarus line up is purely BA no dynamic driver. In theory the sound signature should be different than a hybrid.

It seems like the Icarus III is a hybrid actually. From what is on the Trinity site so far. But like I said, all should be revealed when it is actually released. Apparently in 5 days.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #1,191 of 2,949
From the description it seems something in between the master and the PM6. But the problem is that it in unclear if the phantom use 11mm drivers also or 7mm, BA are the same or different and so on.
In the end, I have two ears .... so no rush in it

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,192 of 2,949
It seems like the Icarus III is a hybrid actually. From what is on the Trinity site so far. But like I said, all should be revealed when it is actually released. Apparently in 5 days.

I reread the description and I'm sorry I made the mistake. I could've swore Bob indicated that that lineup was going to be purely balanced amateurs.
My apologies for the error

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #1,193 of 2,949
I reread the description and I'm sorry I made the mistake. I could've swore Bob indicated that that lineup was going to be purely balanced amateurs.

Well not only that, but the Icarus I and II aren't even IEMs (based on the site descriptions). I made my critique in a different thread but the TLDR of part of it is that I feel there should be a renaming/splitting of the Icarus series. It kinda confuses me. The I and II are supposed to be bluetooth modules or DAC/amps so calling it the Icarus I/II make it confusing in relation to the Icarus III/IV. However it's resolved, I think they should be put into separately named model series. Otherwise (as an example), the average person would see Icarus IV is a quad-driver IEM and assume 3 to be triple, 2 to be dual, 1 to be single, and be confused as to why 2 and 4 are the same price.

And again, release of so many products so close together isn't ideal IMO, but that's been beaten to death by me too, so we're just gonna not worry about that.

I do echo the wonderment of others though about why the Air isn't currently on the site in a "sold out" state. But all will be answered in due time. In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep looking forward to getting mine. First set of totally wireless IEMs I'll own and to be honest, it doesn't have a lot to live up to in terms of wireless capability since I've only ever tried the Bragi Dash. That thing is just such a low ceiling for quality I'm almost certain the Air will blow it out of the water.

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,194 of 2,949

No need to apologize, I understand the confusion. I think the Icarus IV will be the all BA IEM, but I distinctly remember some discussion about the Icarus series being all BA only IEMs. I don't think Bob ever confirmed that, but I am sure there was discussion. What I really want to know is if the Icarus series will use crossovers unlike the Phantom lineup.

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #1,196 of 2,949
Well not only that, but the Icarus I and II aren't even IEMs (based on the site descriptions). I made my critique in a different thread but the TLDR of part of it is that I feel there should be a renaming/splitting of the Icarus series. It kinda confuses me. The I and II are supposed to be bluetooth modules or DAC/amps so calling it the Icarus I/II make it confusing in relation to the Icarus III/IV. However it's resolved, I think they should be put into separately named model series. Otherwise (as an example), the average person would see Icarus IV is a quad-driver IEM and assume 3 to be triple, 2 to be dual, 1 to be single, and be confused as to why 2 and 4 are the same price.

And again, release of so many products so close together isn't ideal IMO, but that's been beaten to death by me too, so we're just gonna not worry about that.

I do echo the wonderment of others though about why the Air isn't currently on the site in a "sold out" state. But all will be answered in due time. In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep looking forward to getting mine. First set of totally wireless IEMs I'll own and to be honest, it doesn't have a lot to live up to in terms of wireless capability since I've only ever tried the Bragi Dash. That thing is just such a low ceiling for quality I'm almost certain the Air will blow it out of the water.

I even recall the Sagaris line up was all BA. Pretty sure Bob said they would be high end(implied higher end than Phantom at the time) BA from single to quad and "very different SQ".
I have no desire to dig up what he said on a previous thread as things change so fast at Trinity

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #1,197 of 2,949
@Midgetguy no it will blow it out of the Air:joy:

I see what you did there
wink.gif

I even recall the Sagaris line up was all BA. Pretty sure Bob said they would be high end(implied higher end than Phantom at the time) BA from single to quad and "very different SQ".
I have no desire to dig up what he said on a previous thread as things change so fast at Trinity

Probably best not to spend the time searching in this case; launch date is in a few days so all should be revealed then. If the current succinct descriptions on the site are true, then the Icarus I/II are some sort of BT tech and DAC/amp stuff to possibly pair with that new cable system (think Noble BTS for the Icarus 1 and cable version of the Audioquest Dragonfly?). And the Icarus III will have a driver setup very similar to the Atlas Delta on paper: one dynamic driver, 2 BAs (according to the current website details at least). Icarus IV is quad-driver; I find it unlikely it would be one dynamic and 3-BA, so it could be a quad-BA setup. I do feel like it would make the most logical sense (in terms of designing product stacks) for the Icarus series to be all BA IEMs. If they were hybrids, I don't understand why they couldn't be in the Phantom series, which aside from the Air and Sabre, is comprised of hybrid IEMs.

If I were to categorize the product stacks, I would start with the Spectre series (retuning the name of the original series) made up of the Hyperion, Vyrus, and Air; these are the dynamic driver tier of IEMs. Then there's the Phantom Series, made of (in the currently available products) the Delta, Atlas Delta, Phantom Master, Phantom Master 6, and Phantom Hunter; this is the hybrid tier of IEMs. Then there's the Icarus series; this could be comprised of all-BA IEMs. The BT module (aka currently Icarus 1) and DAC/amp (aka currently Icarus 2) would be part of a series on their own.

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #1,198 of 2,949
Hey Bob.
It's 4-5 days from your last update and you indicated there would be another about this time? Anymore follow-up on ETA for Phantom Air and Hunter/Master 6?

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #1,200 of 2,949
Their email said that Airs and pm6 after 7-10 days from the time they've sent it, soooo now we have 1-4 days left until shipping !

"The Master 6 and Hunter are just getting their final checks and they are almost ready to be shipped. This means about 5-7 more days barring and unforeseen problems."

So either they should be shipping out or we should be getting an update very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back