Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 20, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #646 of 2,949
  The "current" PM4 is still on sale now on the website at full RRP - the new Master is a slightly different tuning, so effectively a different model.

You're fully right, my mistake.

Based on previous messages, I was under the impression that PM4 was not planned to be sold at all outside of pre-orders, but I confirm it is currently available in Trinity webshop. So I agree with you that we are talking about 2 different models, normally sold by Trinity. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #647 of 2,949
@Bobtrinity the faceplate of the master are being held by screws right? is it standard phillips or torx screw?

I'm just waiting for my card to replenish next year to buy the master since I reached my credit limit this month lol.

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #648 of 2,949
  Hi @Bobtrinity
If I'm not mistaken, I think you mentioned few pages back that a trade in email for current PM4 owners would be sent out on Jan 1st.
Is this the same email that has was sent on Monday, or will there be a specific deal for PM4 owners, as the Master looks like a direct replacement of this IEM ?

Any chance for a trade in program were current PM4 owners can actually send back the PM4 and get Master with a minimal price difference, considering that PM4 was never actually on "normal sale", just pre-order and afterwards fully cancelled/replaced by Master ?
Thanks

You're fully right, my mistake.

Based on previous messages, I was under the impression that PM4 was not planned to be sold at all outside of pre-orders, but I confirm it is currently available in Trinity webshop. So I agree with you that we are talking about 2 different models, normally sold by Trinity. 

Good to see I wasn't the only one under this impression. So I'm not completely losing it. Oh well, guess it's been clarified now.

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #651 of 2,949
Maybe somebody can help me with this.
I've preorderd the PM6. Is there a reason I would benefit from the new Master?
To be more specific, how different is the sound signature/fidelity?

Additionally - when can we expect to see a prototype for Trinity's dac/amp?

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #653 of 2,949
A quick note...

Several people said that they didn't receive Trinity's upgrade email.
Well... it MIGHT be because it was sent from "...@soundest.email" and some mail systems consider all emails from that TLD (top level domain) because ".email" is mostly used by spammers.

@Bobtrinity -- You might want to re-think using an email service that doesn't use one of the normal TLDs (.com, .org .net etc.)

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #654 of 2,949
Just demoed the JH roxanne and fitear togo 334.

Roxanne was pretty let down, bloaty and weird sounding imo

Really hope the hunter as least beats the roxanne haha ><

Fitear on the other hand sounds great. Airy, natural relaxed and imo better sounding as compared to roxanne.

Even for 2nd hand universal roxanne price, I think it's too pricey even if it was set as retail price HAHA

Someone listened or has the roxanne? I just can't believe it sounded so off from what I had in mind

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #655 of 2,949
Just demoed the JH roxanne and fitear togo 334.

Roxanne was pretty let down, bloaty and weird sounding imo

Really hope the hunter as least beats the roxanne haha ><

Fitear on the other hand sounds great. Airy, natural relaxed and imo better sounding as compared to roxanne.

Even for 2nd hand universal roxanne price, I think it's too pricey even if it was set as retail price HAHA

Someone listened or has the roxanne? I just can't believe it sounded so off from what I had in mind

Surprising. I heard JH Roxanne (original version, before 2 lots of improvements since then) at CanJam London 2015.
One of the best IEM's I've ever heard, and with a diallable adjustable bass! But of course, everyone has different tastes; not contradicting you, just surprised.
Are you sure you didn't have the bass turned up to 11 by accident?
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #656 of 2,949

Surprising. I heard JH Roxanne (original version, before 2 lots of improvements since then) at CanJam London 2015.
One of the best IEM's I've ever heard, and with a diallable adjustable bass! But of course, everyone has different tastes; not contradicting you, just surprised.
Are you sure you didn't have the bass turned up to 11 by accident?
tongue_smile.gif

Ello! :) HAHAHA it was actually at max level bass when I tried it! So I was like woah what is this all about *pounds pounds*. Then I realised there was a screwdriver and I tuned the bass to 0. It was more acceptable but I'm not sure maybe it's just me but I don't seem to feel the TOTL-ness from it. If I didn't know the price I would've assumed it was mid-ranged haha. But 12 BAs man :frowning2: maybe i'll give it another go 

On a side note, will a silver audio dragon cable help? hahaha. Mainly I feel that it doesnt have lots of airiness and detail

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #657 of 2,949
  A quick note...

Several people said that they didn't receive Trinity's upgrade email.
Well... it MIGHT be because it was sent from "...@soundest.email" and some mail systems consider all emails from that TLD (top level domain) because ".email" is mostly used by spammers.

@Bobtrinity -- You might want to re-think using an email service that doesn't use one of the normal TLDs (.com, .org .net etc.)

Strange ... mine came from enquiry@trinityaudioengineering.com

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #658 of 2,949
Strange ... mine came from enquiry@trinityaudioengineering.com
Did you look at the full headers? There are two "from" values: one is where it tells your mail system where it connected from, and the other is the one for people to see (this is "From:").

It is the one that identifies the sender's system to your mail system that I'm talking about. That's "from " and "received".

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #659 of 2,949
The issue might be that because they have sent the same email to many recipients, now the email used for that sits in the spam registries
I had this problem at work with an employee and it was a pain to get out of those registries

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #660 of 2,949
I know nothing about balanced cables but, wouldn't something like this work?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111761415116

Big problem is that Sony and HiFiMan 3.5mm balanced TRRS connectors use a different wiring scheme than does the AK series of 2.5 TRRS connectors.
(L+ R+ L- R- vs. R- R+ L+ L-)
Hence is it difficult to find adapters that will be guaranteed compatible. There seems to be no standard for balanced TRRS connectors as there is for XLR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back