Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 9, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #196 of 2,949
+1 on a couple of these questions, would like to know the answers. I'd like to point out to you that the PM6 isn't going to be aluminum anymore though, they're switching to stainless steel shells instead.

1) Also curious if you'll do orders for standard 2-pin connector versions of IEMs (I'm already getting a Hunter, but knowing for if one could ask it for the PM6 would be nice)
2) Also would like to know about how the PM6 shell finish would hold up to chipping and abuse now that you're switching to stainless steel
3) Any possibility of making Trinity multibraid cables with standard 2-pin connections to sell as standalone cables? I already know there's virtually no chance this would happen, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask anyway.

Great to know I am not alone

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #197 of 2,949
Cheers Bob :beerchug: Nice work, just awaiting my litz cable :) and of course the Master 6 & Phantom Air

Out of interest do I need to order a new BT adapter I have the one for the Vyrus/Master 6 etc. or will you be sending a new one?  Seems too good to be true?

:gs1000smile:

This is my interpretation of what Bob said recently:
Since Hunter and Master six are using the two pin connector if you ordered a Bluetooth lanyard they will be sending it to pin Bluetooth lanyard with these orders.
He then followed up and indicated if you ordered atlas Delta and had a Bluetooth connector they were going to provide you a new Bluetooth connector is well.

Again this is my impression because they let us to believe that the pre-ordered Bluetooth lanyard was going to work with the phantom series and the atlas Delta hybrid.

So my expectation at this point is that I will get 2 pin Bluetooth lanyard for my hunter and I will get the new Bluetooth connector for the atlas Delta(I bought the pre-order BT lanyard)

Bob please correct me if I'm wrong
I have been wrong a lot lately.

I will put it out there again-
Is hunter going to come with the fabric cable with remote ?
Is phantom air going to be using the new dual coil dynamic driver ?

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #198 of 2,949

Since Hunter and Master six are using the two pin connector if you ordered a Bluetooth lanyard they will be sending it to pin Bluetooth lanyard with these orders.

He then followed up and indicated if you ordered atlas Delta and had a Bluetooth connector they were going to provide you a new Bluetooth connector is well.

Again this is my impression because they let us to believe that the pre-ordered Bluetooth lanyard was going to work with the phantom series and the atlas Delta hybrid.

So my expectation at this point is that I will get 2 pin Bluetooth lanyard for my hunter and I will get the new Bluetooth connector for the atlas Delta(I bought the pre-order BT lanyard)

You are right on all points. Hunter was never offered with a mic cable though.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #199 of 2,949

You are right on all points. Hunter was never offered with a mic cable though.

So Phantom Air is getting the newer dual coil driver?

I think the fabric cable is the best one, any chance I could substitute the memory wire braided cable for it since master 6 is getting the fabric cable with remote

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #200 of 2,949
So Phantom Air is getting the never dual coil driver?

I think the fabric cable is the best one, any chance I could substitute the memory wire braided cable for it since master 6 is getting the fabric cable with remote

I am sure we can do that for you.

Phantom Air is not changing at all as the whole design is based around using the 7mm titanium and the dual coil won't fit.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #204 of 2,949
Bob spends time and effort writing a clear first post outlining all the details ...then... No one reads it and everyone asks the same questions in all the threads - including the one with the details in!

I don't envy you Bobtrinity and you deserve more than a few beers this holiday period!

Quick question... I would love to try my PM4 balanced but would need to 'adapt' a cable to do so due to the proprietary connectors, Jake told me not to as it would affect warranty but just like with my atlas - I never used the other cables and it seems a waste.

Your thoughts?

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #205 of 2,949
I've been waiting things calm down before writing. I understand some people being angry with some QC problems, but the way Trinity has addressed them makes me keep confident they are in the right way. Yes, the filters were a little picky with the fit but, except for gold undamped (replacements are on the way), I was able to adjust them without workarounds. Could have been better? Yes, but they have taken note of that. Other than that, no problems with cables or connectors.

In line with that, I'd like to point that I pre-ordered in BF an Atlas-Delta, 55€. At that moment, it was single coil dynamic driver + single BA, aluminium shell, 7 filters and standard Trinity multi-braid and fabric with mic cables. Now, it's dual coil dynamic + dual BA, stainless steel shell, 16 filters, single crystal OFC silver plated cable... at the same price. Seeing this, I believe they're really trying to do their best.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #206 of 2,949
Maybe it's my age (soon to be 70) that's mellowed me out quite a bit.  Dunno.  But folks all the gnashing of teeth, department of redundancy department questions, and recriminations of various degrees has become extremely tiring.

As some have justly pointed out the degree to which Bob and his gang have and are going to iron out wrinkles is all but unmatched by any other company.  Then there's customer service.  End results as established by past practice have been exemplary.  Bottom line is that I personally don't see a problem.  I have complete faith that I will be fully and completely satisfied when all the dust settles. 

So please, hold your water and weigh carefully what is really going on.

To Bob, Jake and the gang:  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  :D

Agreed and well put.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #208 of 2,949
  I've been waiting things calm down before writing. I understand some people being angry with some QC problems, but the way Trinity has addressed them makes me keep confident they are in the right way. Yes, the filters were a little picky with the fit but, except for gold undamped (replacements are on the way), I was able to adjust them without workarounds. Could have been better? Yes, but they have taken note of that. Other than that, no problems with cables or connectors.

In line with that, I'd like to point that I pre-ordered in BF an Atlas-Delta, 55€. At that moment, it was single coil dynamic driver + single BA, aluminium shell, 7 filters and standard Trinity multi-braid and fabric with mic cables. Now, it's dual coil dynamic + dual BA, stainless steel shell, 16 filters, single crystal OFC silver plated cable... at the same price. Seeing this, I believe they're really trying to do their best.

I am pretty sure that it is not dual BA driver, but that it is just a typo on their website. 

Edit: not sure anymore, as I can see that they also write dual BA in the specification now; before they only wrote Dual BA in the description.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #209 of 2,949
Bob spends time and effort writing a clear first post outlining all the details ...then... No one reads it and everyone asks the same questions in all the threads - including the one with the details in!

I don't envy you Bobtrinity and you deserve more than a few beers this holiday period!

Quick question... I would love to try my PM4 balanced but would need to 'adapt' a cable to do so due to the proprietary connectors, Jake told me not to as it would affect warranty but just like with my atlas - I never used the other cables and it seems a waste.

Your thoughts?

Shoot me an email with your address and I will send you a cable to mess with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back