Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Mar 27, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #1,608 of 2,949
  Any info on the Icarus III? Can't decide between that and the improved Master...

If the other thread and the recent email is any indication, I think you're going to have to wait another month. Nothing has gotten to anyone yet; IEMs ordered and designed mid last year have yet to arrive in peoples' mailboxes so I don't think you'll be getting any impressions regarding the Icarus and Master this week. You'll have to wait a bit longer.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #1,609 of 2,949
  Any info on the Icarus III? Can't decide between that and the improved Master...

It would be better to off Bob's description and just take the plunge - buy the one that sounds like it ffits what you're looking for. Everything in here is very personal opinion - even when people are giving a full review. Their ears, their musical style etc.

I'm personally sticking with the more technical 'Master's', but you might prefer the more 'emotional' Icarus III's

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #1,610 of 2,949

It would be better to off Bob's description and just take the plunge - buy the one that sounds like it ffits what you're looking for. Everything in here is very personal opinion - even when people are giving a full review. Their ears, their musical style etc.

I'm personally sticking with the more technical 'Master's', but you might prefer the more 'emotional' Icarus III's

I know that it's personal :).

At the moment I have only a few IEM's and two sets of cans. My most used IEM is the AKG K375 and my most used cans the AKG Q701.

I'm looking for something I can throw anything at. The Phantom AIR is hopefully on it's way, but I need something with wires to replace my AKG K375.

Also I'm a fan of British audio as I have KEF speakers, a REL subwoofer, and a Cambridge Audio amplifier ^^.

@Bobtrinity : can you tell me how the Icarus III compares (or not) to the Master? Thanks!

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #1,611 of 2,949

I know that it's personal :).

At the moment I have only a few IEM's and two sets of cans. My most used IEM is the AKG K375 and my most used cans the AKG Q701.

I'm looking for something I can throw anything at. The Phantom AIR is hopefully on it's way, but I need something with wires to replace my AKG K375.

Also I'm a fan of British audio as I have KEF speakers, a REL subwoofer, and a Cambridge Audio amplifier ^^.

@Bobtrinity : can you tell me how the Icarus III compares (or not) to the Master? Thanks!

No, that's the point... I don't think you can compare them at all.. they are just very different sounds.

This makes sense, as they are both around the same price, so is understandable that it's just down to preference of what you're looking for when choosing between them.

From what you have said and what I hope I understand about bobs comments, I think you might prefer the Masters. If you want something you can throw anything at, the technical detail might appeal to you more. If you're looking for something you can throw anything at and just immerse yourself in.. maybe the Icarus.

I hope you get a better answer from someone... I'm no expert! Just interpreting it the way I did when I chose my preferred IEMs. None of us really know until someone who is buying both makes a comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #1,612 of 2,949
I really wish Bob would have used specific audio lingo rather than a vague description like "emotional".  Or publish graphs or explain the sound signature like most companies do.  Take a look at the Custom Art site for a great example of how to describe your product line in clear and concise terms.

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #1,613 of 2,949
I really wish Bob would have used specific audio lingo rather than a vague description like "emotional".  Or publish graphs or explain the sound signature like most companies do.  Take a look at the Custom Art site for a great example of how to describe your product line in clear and concise terms.
personally I prefer terms like analytical and emotional to the typical audio lingo blabla. But maybe that's just me. Been reading high end hifi magazines for too long I guess.

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #1,614 of 2,949
personally I prefer terms like analytical and emotional to the typical audio lingo blabla. But maybe that's just me. Been reading high end hifi magazines for too long I guess.
Analytical is fine, that makes sense. Emotional...we are left to speculate. It is one thing to use terms like that in the context of a review, but they are pretty useless as the ONLY description to go on and decide whether you want to spend money on them.

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #1,615 of 2,949
Analytical is fine, that makes sense. Emotional...we are left to speculate. It is one thing to use terms like that in the context of a review, but they are pretty useless as the ONLY description to go on and decide whether you want to spend money on them.

Emotional: Warm, more soft, a more rounded frequency-curve with slightly elevated bass levels. Forgiving on source material rather than revealing - My interpretation. :wink:

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #1,616 of 2,949
Hardware-wise on the Master vs Icarus iii... the "emotion" (warmth? agility? depth?) is probably a function of the driver differences. Master has a 7mm driver vs the Icarus with an 11mm(!) driver. That Sagaris's driver is way bigger than anything Trinity has put out so far.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #1,618 of 2,949
Here's to hoping Bob had the same thing in mind.

Yes that's accurate. He never said detailed. You can tell he was careful in avoiding saying it as he paused trying to describe it. Emotional always has meant not detailed, but full bodied and wide and or 3D. If there was detail then it's just another PM4, PM6 and Hunter but they already exist so it's obviously not in that category hence why it was created and cheaper.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #1,619 of 2,949
  Hardware-wise on the Master vs Icarus iii... the "emotion" (warmth? agility? depth?) is probably a function of the driver differences. Master has a 7mm driver vs the Icarus with an 11mm(!) driver. That Sagaris's driver is way bigger than anything Trinity has put out so farA

....And i thought that PM4 was way the most 3D Sounding piece of IEM Trinity ever produced there.....Well i got PM4 and though it creates enough head-space and 3dimentional sound i just wasnt satisfied enough due to the problems of hot treble and harshness in the high frequencies.In addition to this in higher volumes the separation of instruments isnt the best and the sound gets a bit blurry there..leaving you with an artificiall perception of sound overall than a natural one......Nevertheless i indulged at last and pre-orderd the new ICARUS III from Trinity hoping that this one will bring the best in 3D sound and instrument separation.Waiting with anticipation now....
blink.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #1,620 of 2,949
Any information there about when ICARUS III is about ro ship from Trinity to the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back