TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS IEM's
Sep 15, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #181 of 713
Ohh god the varo already has a KS campaign? So sad, don't have money for both... 
frown.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #183 of 713
Would you say these are large and heavy? While I can wear medium tips, my ear is the size of a child's.

Weight with cable and tips is only around 17g in total - so no, they are pretty light.  Insertion (for me anyway) is on the shallow side - so I tend to use a larger tip than normal.  They aren't a small IEM - but they are very ergonomic.  I haven't had any issue with dislodgement - but that will very much depend on the tips you're using.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #186 of 713
+1 for a longer nozzle to go with the wide shaft
Does size matter or is it how it fits?

The proverbial question...

Jkjk guys, I hope you got a chuckle out of that.

The Atlas uses filters similar to the Trinity Techne, Sidy DM-2, KZ ED9,KZ GR and many others that I can't think of at the moment.

As compared to Delta IIRC the Atlas has a longer nozzle and should snug in most people's ears with a slightly deeper insertion than the Delta. That combined with the Atlas ergonomics and I will say the fit is phenomenal and I would consider it to be far better than the Delta. Of course YMMV but I'm sure many will agree on this.

I'm able to pop them in my ears and forget about them.

Sep 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #187 of 713

When it comes to IEMs, especially one that seems almost perfect in all other areas, i really worry about isolation. I skipped on the DUNU Titans because the isolation wasn't enough but from a value standpoint it was the best sound i'd heard. I really hate having to turn up my music on the bus to compensate for external noise. Shure IEMs might have a little too much isolation unless you're on a plane or a war zone, while the RHA MA-750 seems to have my preferred level of isolation (with stock tips or sony hybrids).

Is "isolation-head" a thing? Haha

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #188 of 713
When it comes to IEMs, especially one that seems almost perfect in all other areas, i really worry about isolation. I skipped on the DUNU Titans because the isolation wasn't enough but from a value standpoint it was the best sound i'd heard. I really hate having to turn up my music on the bus to compensate for external noise. Shure IEMs might have a little too much isolation unless you're on a plane or a war zone, while the RHA MA-750 seems to have my preferred level of isolation (with stock tips or sony hybrids).

The filters tuning is based on how much free air can escapee before it reaches your ear. So the more air to escape, the bigger the vents in the filter, which also means less isolation. But this applies to just about every earphone. I would say that with the least bassy filter, the isolation on the Atlas is still better than average, but with the bassier filters the isolation is phenomenal. The added bass also helps block out outside noise as well.

Sep 18, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #190 of 713

im with you. I skipped the Titan1 and picked the Zero Audio Duoza. I value isolation a lot but also has to have minimalist leakage. I don't want to annoy ppl in public.

Sep 20, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #194 of 713
We need more publicity to get these last 2000, i mean how come people dont take advantage of such a deal is beyond me.
I'm fairly confident that Bob will not only meet, but also exceed the goal for fundraising on these. The backing has been consistent and steady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back