Triad Audio L3 power supply
Aug 13, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #16 of 26
^ The Lisa III was the same way, When I bought my Lisa III XP it sat for 3 months until I bought the LLP

Aug 14, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 26

Both of these will work yes, However I have been using this low cost AC Adaptor on Both LISA III as well as the L3​
Quote:
well, I still haven't received an email from Triad Audio, but here is the link to an inexpensive power adapter that matches the specs given by them.(24v dc, 500ma, center positive ) I believe that the Lisa III accepted an adapter with a 2.1mm ID plug. That is the same size as the one in the following link also. I'm not sure if it is exactly right but it is the best that i've found.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=T1070-P5P-ND

I found this next one because of Sceptre's post above. I really just want to charge the battery. Is there really an advantage in buying this for that purpose?

http://www.audiophileproducts.com/supplier

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #18 of 26
Hi man, which PSU that you finally end up ?
I found this one in my neighbour garage sale http://www.master-instruments.com.au/products/57901/MP3037.html

I wonder if with the red dot it means a center positive PSU that Lisa III XP require ?

I am confused. Should I plug the + to the + pin or the other way around + to the - ?

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #20 of 26
I'll check my configuration tomorrow. Don't want to guess and get it wrong. I would always put a multi meter on the plug to check V and polarity. I'll put details of my eventual PSU which I picked up brand new for a song.

Regards
Sceptre

Cool, thanks man.

So I guess, in this case I will need a multi meter.

Put the Red one inside the hole of my adaptor and the black one on the outside, if I can see the Voltage reading / meter pin moving then it is Center Positive as needed by Lisa III XP amp ?

Is that correct analogy ? at the moment I do not have multiMeter with me.

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #21 of 26
OK,

I can confirm that it is 24V + tip. 

Your methodology of using the meter is correct as long as you see positive 24V when red lead is in centre.

Confirmation of correct connection will be blue led lit on front panel when switched on.

The PSU I mentioned was teh Balluff BAE001 24V 750mA regulated supply.  It is desgned as a rack mounted unit but works fine for me.

Hope all goes well and you start enjoying your Lisa III.

Regards

Sceptre

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #22 of 26
OK,

I can confirm that it is 24V + tip. 

Your methodology of using the meter is correct as long as you see positive 24V when red lead is in centre.

Confirmation of correct connection will be blue led lit on front panel when switched on.

The PSU I mentioned was teh Balluff BAE001 24V 750mA regulated supply.  It is desgned as a rack mounted unit but works fine for me.

Hope all goes well and you start enjoying your Lisa III.

Regards

Sceptre

Cool, thanks man !
I guess I'm on the right track here.

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #23 of 26
I'm about to buy an L3.
A bit worried about a charger though.
It needs to be?

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #24 of 26
Have just bought one of these.

24V500mA AC 100V-240V Converter Adapter DC 24V 0.5A 500mA Power Supply AU 2 Plug DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-24V500mA-AC-100V-240V-Converter-Adapter-DC-24V-0-5A-500mA-Power-Supply-AU-2/32280179006.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.4tAV4N

Hoping it works.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #25 of 26
if you buy the L3, it comes with a charger actually. not the LLP but its a regular charger that has a light(red means charging, green means charged). at least I got a charger with my triad audio Lisa when i bought it last august from the website.

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #26 of 26
  if you buy the L3, it comes with a charger actually. not the LLP but its a regular charger that has a light(red means charging, green means charged). at least I got a charger with my triad audio Lisa when i bought it last august from the website.

It doesn't always work if buying second hand: I didn't get a charger.

And, the website is no longer accessible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back