Triad Audio L3 power supply
Jul 5, 2011 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

autarch1

Head-Fier
I just pre ordered an L3 from Triad audio and I realized that I need a power supply. I tried to get a recommendation by combing through these forums, but most of the items mentioned were either for the Lisa III or are no longer made.

I was researching Elpac products but I get confused with all of the different specs. I'm not even sure if the L3 requirements are the same as the Lisa III.

If anyone could give me a model number or a link to a product that would work, I would really appreciate it. I not expecting the amp for a little while but I would hate to get it and have no way to charge it.

Thanks

Also, I did email Triad Audio about this a day or two ago. I'm still waiting for an answer but i thought I'd seek help here also.

Jul 7, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 26
Subscribed, I emailed them as well with a link to one available here in Canada to see if it is suitable will post here once I hear back!

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 26
I'm still waiting for an answer from Triad Audio. I've gotten the impression from other postings in this forum that they are not great at responding to emails. Has anyone been in contact with them lately?

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 26
I am still waiting as well. I get the impression it is an almost 1 man business, I am sure we will hear soon enough or that it will come with details of what is needed.

Jul 16, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 26
I use a GSP 24V PSU on my Lisa III and I would expect the same 24V requirement for the L3.

I had heard people using the 'Supplier' PSU designed for Firestone amps.

Naturaly Triads own PSU (LLU) is the perfect partner for it though.

Regards

Sceptre

Jul 16, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 26
Thanks so much for that sceptre. For us ignorant folks on these matters could you suggest makes that would be suitable? Thank you again! Can't wait to get mine!

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #8 of 26
That's great, thank you!

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #9 of 26
Sorry for the obvious n00b questions here but if you buy the L3.. doesnt come with a PS.. Does it have a battery or is it mains only powered? I know the old LIII had the aluminium PS that you purchased seperately so there isnt a woody equivilent then? Wouldnt one think that Brad would sell a PS with the new L3?

Edit:

A DC Coaxial power connector to allow operation and batter recharging from the AC power is NOT provided. Source Triad audio L3 site

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 26
No I don't. I am like you I just wish I could know a certain brand and model to go out and buy! I googled the numbers mentioned and it meant nothing to me. Looked online and still saw nothing that made any sense. I wish they would give a list of models or and makes that would work!

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #12 of 26
That was my experience exactly.i found a few things that I thought would work but there are options that i don't understand. I may just be over complicating things. Maybe when we finally get the amp there will be more info.

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
No I don't. I am like you I just wish I could know a certain brand and model to go out and buy! I googled the numbers mentioned and it meant nothing to me. Looked online and still saw nothing that made any sense. I wish they would give a list of models or and makes that would work!

+1

Would be more conducive to a nice sale when those sorts of questions are already answered. I did a search on Amazon and on Google and couldnt find anything "quickly"... 

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #14 of 26
well, I still haven't received an email from Triad Audio, but here is the link to an inexpensive power adapter that matches the specs given by them.(24v dc, 500ma, center positive ) I believe that the Lisa III accepted an adapter with a 2.1mm ID plug. That is the same size as the one in the following link also. I'm not sure if it is exactly right but it is the best that i've found.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=T1070-P5P-ND

I found this next one because of Sceptre's post above. I really just want to charge the battery. Is there really an advantage in buying this for that purpose?

http://www.audiophileproducts.com/supplier

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #15 of 26
interested in this but it really doesnt come with a way to charge it?  strange... so you buy the thing and it wont work until you source a 3rd party power supply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back