TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Sep 9, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #3,061 of 3,867
How did you dent a metal shell? :astonished:

No idea mate I've been very careful with it, no such impact happened that would dent a metal shell. As I mentioned earlier I haven't taken it outside my house, it just sits in my drawer inside the included box.

I'm a bit suspicious it came like that out of the box, cause it's very hard to dent metal. A scratch would be more believable.
Anyway it's a very tiny dent so I'm not bothered by it too much.

IMG_20210908_010858.jpg

IMG_20210910_041622__01.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #3,062 of 3,867
No idea mate I've been very careful with it, no such impact happen that would dent a metal shell. As I mentioned earlier I haven't taken it outside my house, it just sits in my drawer inside the included box.

I'm a bit suspicious it came like that out of the box, cause it's very hard to dent metal. A scratch would be more believable.
Anyway it's a very tiny dent so I'm not bothered by it too much.

IMG_20210908_010858.jpg

IMG_20210910_041622__01.jpg
So pity for that. We can change another pair to you if you like.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #3,064 of 3,867
Have you tried experimenting with the PEQ, in the Qudelix-5K ?

(random screen grab, for Fiio FD5)
FiiO FD5 n TapeQudelix.jpg

Hello, thank you for your reply :)

I have not experimented with the PEQ much due to lack of time. I have used the "Electronic" preset for a little while, but it felt too bright for me, so I've switched to... "Classical" for all my Electronic/Pop listening.

Your screenshot does not magnify, sorry I cannot see the values clearly. If you could re-post it, I would be delighted to try these values.

Thank you

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #3,067 of 3,867
Sep 13, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #3,070 of 3,867
Wendy, it's interesting to see that the closest competitor to I3 Pro is I3 :relaxed:.
Between both seems like give and take...

EDIT: Thanks to Chris for his honest review... he did not hesitate to say I3's upperhand over i3 Pro in terms of sound. While on the other side the benefit of the Pro is on the size and drivability.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #3,071 of 3,867
What tips have you found best for the i3 pro?
I'm using the stock white ones, and in love with the sub-bass.
I'd like a tad bit more mid-bass, and just a bit less treble.
Pressure build-up is a problem for me too, but i hate foam tips, and don't want to lose bass with smaller tips either.
Any suggestions?

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #3,072 of 3,867
Great reading, really enjoyable, engaging and entertaining!

Really nice to think that seasoned audiophiles can possibly get a good job in materials testing, readily distinguishing 4N and 6N copper samples for instance :)

It is a bit hard to agree that the cable appearance matters less than the inner content. Definitely not my experience observing cable audiophiles for the last three years or so. Can you imagine all black identical cables, like those Henry Ford models, but some are 4N, some 6N? Not a chance, right? Only Henry Ford could get away with it, understandably :)

Then the main reason for me to write here: being deeply engaged into reading, I just had one thought, and really need all the help figuring it out.

Imagine two reviewers, A and B, - both ardent true "believers" who just happened to write two different reviews on some cable which are exactly 100% opposite to each other.
Who would be right? Both "hear things" the way they do, both are true believers of their unbiased opinions. Are all opinions still right, even 100% opposite? Or the person who heard most "TOTL" cables is more right by default, but what about other person then?

Please help me to figure out!

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #3,073 of 3,867
Can we please leave these silly, pro-anti cable arguments for cable threads. Too many people so sure of themselves either way. Please leave these threads like the TRi thread clean from believers or disbelievers. For me it is spoiling this thread.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #3,074 of 3,867
What tips have you found best for the i3 pro?
I'm using the stock white ones, and in love with the sub-bass.
I'd like a tad bit more mid-bass, and just a bit less treble.
Pressure build-up is a problem for me too, but i hate foam tips, and don't want to lose bass with smaller tips either.
Any suggestions?
Like you, I stuck with the stock white tips. I have not tried many tips with the TRI I3 Pros.

However, my recommendation would be the Misodiko silicone sheathed foam tips. My view is that may help lift the mid-bass slightly, as foam tips increase isolation, which in turn help increase bass impact.

They might not help much with taming the treble because of their wide bore, but, if you have a pair, try them. If you do not have them, you might want to add them to your arsenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back