TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Sep 17, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #3,092 of 3,865
When I thought of having to work tomorrow Saturday, my tears shed unconvincingly.
BUT, The Mid-autumn Festival is coming, hahahahaha.🤪

KBEAR Mid-Autumn.jpg

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #3,096 of 3,865
I said that I will make a comparison between i3 pro and timeless. Here it is.

Before I really write them I want to say that we have different ears and experience, so what I said is just my opinion.
P10901-190758.jpg
P10908-191220.jpg

lows:
There is a DD for bass in i3 pro so we can easily to tell that i3 pro has a more tasted and powerful bass with a good texture, you may find the bass of i3 pro a little warm and moist, just a little not too much, making the whole sound more tasted.

the bass of timeless is not enough to me since there is only a single planar. If you tried planar before you will know the lows of them, so does timeless. They are neutral and restrained, not dry but never will be moist or warm. To be honest, if I am younger I will like the bass of timeless very much. but I am not

mids:

The mids of i3 pro and timeless are all very very excellent, the planar is always a planar, just after you heard them you will find that, how smooth the vocals are.

i3 pro have a wonderful timble matching, the timble of DD and planar are well matched in i3 pro.

timeless has a little blank here and you may think that there is something lack, but it is ok , just because the size of planar.

Highs:

I can say if you like the timble of planar and the highs of planar, timeless did a better job, the shape of instruments is well performanced, they are sweet.

as for i3 pro, the highs is not as good as its mids and lows, but it is not bad. it is just when you heard its mids and lows, you may think that if the highs could be better, i3 pro will be one of the anwsers of IEMs.

more to say:

The soundstages and resolutions of them are familiar, soundstages are big but not huge. As for the resolutions, if there are many details, it will more likely to make you tired.

The difference would be the density and taste, i3 pro have a higher density than timeless. And the taste of timeless is from the timble of planar while the DD provide a more tasted bass to i3 pro.

That is my comparison, if there are something that I forgot to mention, just reply to me, I will try my best.

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #3,097 of 3,865
Sep 24, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #3,098 of 3,865
Sep 24, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #3,099 of 3,865
i dont like metallic and plasticky timbre in treble ... which is better natural timbre, especially in busy track?
If in that case, i3 pro will fit you better than timeless

Sep 26, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #3,103 of 3,865
When was the i3 pro released? I see its got a lot of reviews on amazon, or is that an old model?
As @WendyLi said, this is a new product. It replaces the previous very similar (in looks and configuration) product.

Given your location is London (presumably London, UK) the Amazon UK reviews appear to be a mixture of the current and the previous models, I say so based entirely on the dates set out on the Amazon UK reviews.

To make your assessment of the new TRI i3 Pros, I would suggest either doing a search here on Head-fi.org, or reading this thread, say from early August this year onwards or read the reviews....there is plenty to read!

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #3,104 of 3,865
I received my TRI Grace-C cable, yesterday, and I've tried it for a few hours.

Smartphone --> Qudelix 5K --> TRI Grace-C MMCX 2.5mm --> TRI I3
Amazon HD, Electronica + Pop

It's not that I can hear enormous differences, but compared to my previous cable, I can now listen to a higher volume without getting fatigued by the higher frequencies (treble). Also, to my ears, the bass sounds sweeter now!

I am pleased with my buying :)

Do these cables require a burn-in period?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back