TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Nov 30, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #1,456 of 3,867
Got my believes today! Didn't realize they were delivered just past noon. Checked the tracking at 9 and saw they were delivered! Sitting in my mailbox for 9 hours lol, valuable listening time lost. Pics in the KB EAR Impressions thread. Listening to them with the stock cable and Radius deep mount tips through the Qudelix-5k. Don't want to comment too much on the sound yet, but I like what I'm hearing so far!
I am so hungry to hear what you guys think of the 'Believes'. Mine are in the sorting office ready to be delivered. It's clear that these are not a production line model, churning out one after one. We're quite lucky to get them relatively early. I hope you enjoy them enormously....because that means I will enjoy them.

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #1,457 of 3,867
I am so hungry to hear what you guys think of the 'Believes'. Mine are in the sorting office ready to be delivered. It's clear that these are not a production line model, churning out one after one. We're quite lucky to get them relatively early. I hope you enjoy them enormously....because that means I will enjoy them.

Considering I am quite new to the hobby, I will try my best with initial impressions soon. Although since it's almost 2 am where I am, and I have work in a couple of hours and should probably get some sleep, but am resisting because of the believes in my ears should give you an initial impression of how much I like these IEMs, even with the little time I've had them.

I hope you get yours soon!

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1,460 of 3,867

Now that brings a smile and is heartwarming. I should have mine tomorrow (fingers crossed). I've never heard a $2000 earphone so I will be comparing it to my Beryllium coated Urbanfun iss014....which are great to me and cost me thirty something quid.

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #1,461 of 3,867
Now that brings a smile and is heartwarming. I should have mine tomorrow (fingers crossed). I've never heard a $2000 earphone so I will be comparing it to my Beryllium coated Urbanfun iss014....which are great to me and cost me thirty something quid.
I'm an idiot. I totally didn't read the specs carefully (actually didn't read them at all.) I literally just went impulse buy because of the 11/11 sale and @WendyLi's excellent job of keeping the sale top of mind. This was the only iem purchase I made for 11/11.

I wasn't aware it was pure Be and not just coated. I'm not sure how they brought this to market at such a cheap price during the 11/11 sale. Mine cleared customs, so should be home in a couple days.

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #1,462 of 3,867
I'm an idiot. I totally didn't read the specs carefully (actually didn't read them at all.) I literally just went impulse buy because of the 11/11 sale and @WendyLi's excellent job of keeping the sale top of mind. This was the only iem purchase I made for 11/11.

I wasn't aware it was pure Be and not just coated. I'm not sure how they brought this to market at such a cheap price during the 11/11 sale. Mine cleared customs, so should be home in a couple days.

Very much a blind purchase! Great surprise though lol.

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #1,463 of 3,867
I'm an idiot. I totally didn't read the specs carefully (actually didn't read them at all.) I literally just went impulse buy because of the 11/11 sale and [@WendyLi excellent job of keeping the sale top of mind. This was the only iem purchase I made for 11/11.

Might be the best mistake you've made for some time. It seems that they are not 'mass' produced and are made in small batches. Is that right @WendyLi?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #1,464 of 3,867
Very much a blind purchase! Great surprise though lol.
Yes, but wasn't a gamble in my mind. I've only owned KBEar cables thus far, but have been well aware of their reputation as near the top in quality control among the chi-fi manufacturers. I was going to get the I3 (and still want it at some point) for 11/11 but decided to just go for the Believe. Eager to hear them.

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #1,465 of 3,867
Joining the Starlight gang! First impressions: wow, so glad I jumped on the 11/11 deal, this is a steal for the sale price! The overall sound I get is pretty laidback: the treble has some good air to it, at times some sparkle, but never too bright for me. The mids are “just right”: not too close or recessed. The bass has some good punchiness to it, good DD bass. The soundstage is pretty wide open and there is pretty good instrument & vocals separation, never congested. I do sense a slight veil somewhere, perhaps that’ll change over time.

All in all, wow, another well-executed IEM by Tri!
562BD463-3A13-4514-A68E-EC71270FF93D.jpeg

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #1,466 of 3,867
Joining the Starlight gang! First impressions: wow, so glad I jumped on the 11/11 deal, this is a steal for the sale price! The overall sound I get is pretty laidback: the treble has some good air to it, at times some sparkle, but never too bright for me. The mids are “just right”: not too close or recessed. The bass has some good punchiness to it, good DD bass. The soundstage is pretty wide open and there is pretty good instrument & vocals separation, never congested. I do sense a slight veil somewhere, perhaps that’ll change over time.

Very impressive comments based on where you‘re coming from! You have a mighty nice collection of IEMs, and if the Tri Starlight can hang with those IEMs, that quite the accomplishment.

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #1,467 of 3,867
@ayang02 Nice, can't wait for mine. I believe they may be with me on Thursday so I will post my impressions after an initial listen.

Dec 1, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #1,468 of 3,867

Great to hear someone else join in the TRI Starlight experience and sing the praises of the Starlights. I cannot wait to hear more of your thoughts on them.

Dec 1, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #1,469 of 3,867
Great to hear someone else join in the TRI Starlight experience and sing the praises of the Starlights. I cannot wait to hear more of your thoughts on them.

My other tri-brid with a similar configuration is the EE Odin so naturally I will be comparing the two in the near future. I just got the Starlight today so please take my opinions with a grain of salt as they really are just preliminary thoughts. I still haven’t gone through the tip-rolling phase and right now I’m using the SednaLight Shorts with the Starlight.

A few things I can share between the two IEMs that are obvious to me:
-The Starlight has a bigger shell compared to the Odin. I guess for those who are used to I3’s size, this is fine
-The Starlights are quite a bit harder to drive compared to the Odin, using an iBasso DX220 Max here

That slight veil I hear with the Starlight might be because I’m used to Odin’s clarity in its upper midrange. I do feel the Starlight has a punchier bass & mid bass compared to the Odin, who’s strength is in its sub bass extension. Anyways, I think the two IEMs can probably trade punches. Considering the price difference, wow Starlight!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #1,470 of 3,867
That slight veil I hear with the Starlight might be because I’m used to Odin’s clarity in its upper midrange.
Good point. The Odin definitely has accentuated upper mids, but based on limited graphs, it seems like the Volt and Starlight only have mild pinna gain. Looking forward to more impressions from you over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back