TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Nov 28, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #1,426 of 3,867
I have just been listening to this on the Starsea. It's like being there! Amazing.

Oh good old synchronicity. Sitting listening to the Tape Pro and Starsea, drinking coffee, getting ready for my lockdown day....... here in London, UK. Grey sky and many Sparrows in my small garden. So on I put the Starsea and listen to this. Yes, I'm in band playing with them. The Starsea makes this sound perfect. Now to listen to @ChrisOc's track.

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #1,427 of 3,867
Absolutely wonderful, thank you.

My contribution to Starsea sound check:

Just relaxes your body and takes your worries away, at least for a few minutes.

Reproduced perfectly with the Starsea. Makes me feel like I'm appearing on 'A Place in the Sun' somewhere in Seville, looking for a Andalusian home. Must get my Flamenco CD's out and make a list of them on Tidal.

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #1,428 of 3,867
Absolutely wonderful, thank you.

My contribution to Starsea sound check:

Just relaxes your body and takes your worries away, at least for a few minutes.

Fabulous! Wonderful projection on the guitar and such precision on the percussion. Here's another:

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #1,430 of 3,867
Fabulous! Wonderful projection on the guitar and such precision on the percussion. Here's another:

Love it, love it!

How about something to pull your heart strings:

This piece tells me, we only have one life, enjoy what nature gives us but take care of what you have, the nature that surrounds you, your family and your body.

EDIT: It is amazing how DEEP the Starseas can go, especially as the extension in the highs are so extreme, detailed and precise.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #1,431 of 3,867
Love it, love it!

How about something to pull your heart strings:

This piece tells me, we only have one life, enjoy what nature gives us but take care of what you have, the nature that surrounds you, your family and your body.

EDIT: It is amazing how DEEP the Starseas can go, especially as the extension in the highs are so extreme, detailed and precise.

Beautiful! I have not heard that piece with a lead cello before. Wonderful timbre and the superb treble extension reveals the harmonics which modulate the lower frequencies. The bass is so natural and textured as well. Perfect!

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #1,432 of 3,867
On listening, more similar to the A8000 than Luna as the graphs would suggest. First impressions are positive, they get unreasonably close to the Luna and A8000 considering the price difference. Good stuff, I think I'll enjoy this one. Will post more impressions as I get more listening and burn in time in. Graphs below, Believe is red:
Believe vs A8000.jpg
Believe vs Luna.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #1,433 of 3,867
On listening, more similar to the A8000 than Luna as the graphs would suggest. First impressions are positive, they get unreasonably close to the Luna and A8000 considering the price difference. Good stuff, I think I'll enjoy this one. Will post more impressions as I get more listening ad burn in time in. Graphs below, Believe is red:
:astonished: wow! If it has similar technicalities, that would phenomenal. Still, I’ll keep expectations tempered.

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #1,434 of 3,867
:astonished: wow! If it has similar technicalities, that would phenomenal. Still, I’ll keep expectations tempered.
Don't own the others but have heard them extensively, I'd say right now I'm feeling that it's getting about 80% of the way there technically. But this is from memory, so take it with a grain of salt, will A/B as soon as I get the chance.

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #1,435 of 3,867

I had the DUNU LUNA loaner on tour last week and I did audition the Final A8000 a month back, the KBEAR BElieve is not as good in technical performance (transients, soundstage, details, instrument separation, imaging) as the LUNA and Final A8000, but then again the BElieve is 10 times cheaper than those sets, so not a fair comparison as such. I feel the LUNA and A8000 are not 10 times better as the price would suggest (as per diminishing returns in this hobby), maybe not even 3 times better. This is of course assuming the KBEAR BElieve is adequately amped, as the 98dB sensitivity makes it quite power hungry (it is easy to drive it from a smartphone, but it is a bit muddy and congested when not amped, with the bass being a bit slow when unamped).

Final A8000 has my vote for the best technicalities in a single DD I've heard, lightning fast transients and superb resolution and microdetails. It is a pain to drive though, and it has even better tehcnicalities than the DUNU LUNA. But the A8000 is a bit fatiguing for myself due to the wealth of details, and a peak around the 5 - 6 kHz region. LUNA is more smooth and musical with lush mids. I still prefer the LUNA over the A8000 cause I find the A8000 overly bright. But if I had $1700 USD to spare, I personally would not buy the LUNA due to the mega diminishing returns for TOTL sets, plus it has poor isolation and a subbass and higher treble roll off.

Nov 29, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #1,436 of 3,867
This little known piece by Elgar features perhaps one of his finest melodies. With organ flourishes adding colour, it is a beautiful sound. On the Starsea it is a real feast for the ears:

Nov 29, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #1,437 of 3,867
This little known piece by Elgar features perhaps one of his finest melodies. With organ flourishes adding colour, it is a beautiful sound. On the Starsea it is a real feast for the ears:

This is where the Starsea earns it's stripes. It can rise from the delicate to the dramatic and really covey an 'at the concert' feeling. I've been listening to a lot of 'good' IEM's recently and the Starsea always rises to the occasion and never let's me down.

Nov 29, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #1,438 of 3,867

The TRi Starsea's should be compulsory for classical music. They are definitely the reference when it comes to nearly all classical music.

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #1,440 of 3,867
Thanks @Nimweth for a lovely serene piece to start the day.

@dharmasteve, I agree the Starseas should be obligatory for classical music, and they must be in everyone's collection, given the price. Such a clean delivery across the frequencies makes music just wonderful.
Absolutely. High Fidelity, a true representation of the original sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back