TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Nov 25, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,412 of 3,867
Thank you!
Ups treble sensitive warning...
No returning policy, its important.
Oh, Black Friday discounts I hate you!

Nov 26, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #1,415 of 3,867
I realized now that they sent me TRI I3 with MMCX connector.

I asked if they also had 2 pins, they said yes and said they would send me the one with 2 pins. I also got the 2 pin balanced cable and now I'll have to get one MMCX.

I had ordered a copper-silver mix, is it the right choice for this iem? Does anyone also use pure silver?

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #1,417 of 3,867
Can I buy a MMCX to 2 pin adapter instead of a new cable?

Can anyone recommend one for me? Good and not too expensive, from AliExpress or better yet Amazon.

£8.07 | MMCX Converter 0.78MM Headset Converter Plug 0.78mm to mmcx mmcx to qdc JH EXK ie8 HD650 MH334
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMFAJtF

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #1,418 of 3,867
In the last few hours of Thanks Giving Day, TRI wants to say Thank You to all of our followers! Thank you very much for your supports and companies all the time! We can not make an improvement and growth without your contributions! Wish you all Happy Thanks Giving Day! And wish you happy and sound everyday! :heart: :heart: :heart:

#KBEAR #Thankyou #thanksgiving #thanksgivingday #wishes

Nov 27, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #1,419 of 3,867
After Black Friday(American time), Believe price will be up to $180!!

Reason: Due to the scarcity of pure beryllium diaphragm resources, only 20 pairs are in stock this week. The next delivery time is uncertain.

Now, the time to enjoy $149.46 is less than one day! Don't you want to grab the chance and try it?
#blackfriday #believe #purediaphgram #discount #PriceIncrease

"No! This kbear with this dongle sounds dynamic and the loudness can surely blow my eardrums off
Next to my small humble dap, the hidizs ap80, the bass is big, bold and fast. It will hit you hard and quickly. The mid is crips and well positioned. The upper mid is full of energy, dynamic, and hot but not shouty to my ears-- maybe the tuner knows my test -
Honestly, I can't write much more because I so enjoy my music right now .
Let's say you have kbear diamond or blon 03 and you want the upgrade. This is the ONE to get
If you BElieve! "
----From a buyer true feelings.

Believe $180.png

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #1,420 of 3,867
My delivery of Starlights has been cancelled. After a short chat with KBear through Ali they put it on DHL at no extra cost for me, and I only asked if I should be worried about the delivery. Good customer service! We'll see how long it takes now, cant wait.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #1,421 of 3,867
My delivery of Starlights has been cancelled. After a short chat with KBear through Ali they put it on DHL at no extra cost for me, and I only asked if I should be worried about the delivery. Good customer service! We'll see how long it takes now, cant wait.
I can’t wait to find out your impressions of it.

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #1,423 of 3,867
As you guys are talking about Starlight, I would like to excerpt some content from ChrisOc's review as below. Hope you can know some details about his views!

His Starlight review link: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-starlight.24572/reviews#item-review-24231

Excerpt:

Pros: Brilliant sparkling treble, sublime mids, and solid bass.
Cons: These IEMs may not be for those who are treble sensitive.

The sound
In short, these are absolutely superb in sub-bass, mid-bass, mid treble, highs and super-highs. Read on if you want my more detailed view on the Starlights.

The sound signature of the Starlights is more reference or monitoring than tuned with any frequency bias.

My view is that the highs stand out but it is not because it is tuned to give greater prominence to the highs and super highs. Mids are gloriously subtle, not shouty and instruments registering notes in the mid range frequency give you clean and beautiful sound.

The mid-bass is fast and deep. However, there appears to be some elevation or prominence in the sub-bass than on the TRI I3 (where the recording offers sub-bass) which I absolutely love.

I am not treble intolerant, so I cannot say that those who are treble sensitive will not be affected by the plentiful detail delivered by the mid and high treble drivers.

The Starlight drivers are so competent, that the detail they deliver are pin-point and precise but also those details do not take away from the harmony, so you can enjoy a relaxing time with them. Yes, they will work on your phone with a dongle, and even better with a bit more amplification, but they are at their best with greater amplification.

What blew me away was using them on my SMSL AD18 dac/amp. Although not the most powerful headphone amplifier, these are IEMs and the AD18 gave plenty power and made the Starlight deliver beautiful high quality sound. For the purposes of the review, I did not use EQ.

Bass
Bass on the Starlight is as recorded, in other words, the mid-bass is not prominent or elevated. It is not boosted. What was mixed in the mastering of the track is what you get. In essence the bass is both visceral and provides mid-bass which is dependent on the recording so does not appear to be boosted and sub-bass which is deep and rich in texture.

Mids
The Sonion BAs deliver mid treble with such subtlety you will feel like you are enveloped in the most cosseting chair. The mids are lush and sublime, no voice or instrument sounds over-done.

Imaging and Sound stage
The imaging and sound stage on the TRI Starlight is brilliant, delivering a wide sound stage. It feels like nothing is missing. Yet the Starlight is so relaxed and harmonic, yet detailed. In tandem with the fantastic imaging you have the perception of a wide stage.

Conclusion
In conclusion, the TRI Starlights are sublime to my the ears and in my honest belief, the Starlights are near perfection with one caveat, which is that they may not be for those who are treble sensitive, but they are certainly for those who like details with distinct highs, sublime mids and good rich bass. Why do I say, they are near perfection when I could not possibly have heard every In Ear Monitors? Just my opinion and maybe someone else will confirm my view in the near future.

Nov 28, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #1,424 of 3,867
I have just been listening to this on the Starsea. It's like being there! Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back