TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Nov 13, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #1,306 of 3,867
Starsea coming soon. Sounds like I am in for a treat!

Nov 13, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #1,307 of 3,867
Starsea coming soon. Sounds like I am in for a treat!
Especially for orchestral music. They do need both brain and empirical burn in. Spiral Dots if you have them.....and they like a bit of power so balanced makes a difference.

Nov 13, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #1,308 of 3,867
Especially for orchestral music. They do need both brain and empirical burn in. Spiral Dots if you have them.....and they like a bit of power so balanced makes a difference.
Yes, I have Spiral Dots and a balanced output on my Xduoo X20. Also have Fiio A5 amp. I prefer a balanced sound to V shape in general though I do occasionally enjoy a big bold sound like KZ ZS7 or Smabat NCO. Orchestral music is one of my favourite genres.

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #1,309 of 3,867
I have purchased way too many IEMs recently, yet the one I think I’m most excited to hear is the KBEAR Believe. Make me a Believer!

Nov 13, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #1,310 of 3,867
I have purchased way too many IEMs recently, yet the one I think I’m most excited to hear is the KBEAR Believe. Make me a Believer!
I'm in the same boat, I've got three sets burning in and 3 or 4 more on the way.

It could be a giant killer that makes "TOTL" single DD sets obsolete. If nothing else, it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on others to up their materials game.

I also have the thor mjolnir on the way which I'm pretty excited to hear too but the believe is a possible game changer.

Great time to be in the hobby.... Well, not for your wallet, but for IEMs at least.

Nov 13, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #1,311 of 3,867
I suppose that KBEAR Believe needs a long burning time !?

Nov 13, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #1,312 of 3,867
I suppose that KBEAR Believe needs a long burning time !?
Theoretically, but we’ll see. I didn’t notice much change with breaking in the drivers of the YBF or the FD1 (both beryllium coated).

Nov 13, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #1,313 of 3,867
OOF, wanted to get the Tri starlight. Based off ChrisOC's review (which seems to be the only one)..seems like my thing (since I love details, vocals and do classica musicl as well). Regardless, even at $520 on 11.11 it was too huge a gamble to go blind..I guess i will just wait it out, or until something more accessible/better comes out.

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #1,314 of 3,867
I don’t have the i3, but as a 3rd party observer, who’s been following it for a while, I don’t think it ever really was a typical “hype train”. In fact, similar to the MEST, it has gotten more popular and had been talked about a lot more over time. It seems quite a bit more popular now than it was 6 months ago. I think that’s a great sign of quality.
Totally worth the hype in my opinion. You will struggle to find a more cohesive hybrid/Tribrid combination. They are my personal favourites. I would choose them over Blessing 2 each and every time

Nov 14, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #1,315 of 3,867
Totally worth the hype in my opinion. You will struggle to find a more cohesive hybrid/Tribrid combination. They are my personal favourites. I would choose them over Blessing 2 each and every time

They are special!

There is not much more one can say to those who have yet to experience them, but to say, "try them for yourself".

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #1,316 of 3,867
I hope the TRI I3 matches well with the Nicehck C16-5 copper and silver balanced cable I bought. I usually only use copper because too much trebles bother me.

I guess it is superior in all respects to the Blon BL-03 ... maybe it just loses in tone?

Is anyone able to make a comparison with Tanchjim Oxygen too? Would they complement each other well? I have seen it used at an attractive price.

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #1,317 of 3,867
OOF, wanted to get the Tri starlight. Based off ChrisOC's review (which seems to be the only one)..seems like my thing (since I love details, vocals and do classica musicl as well). Regardless, even at $520 on 11.11 it was too huge a gamble to go blind..I guess i will just wait it out, or until something more accessible/better comes out.

It may take time but the Starlights are worth getting if you can. They may not be the most inexpensive earphones but there is good reason for the price (apart from the expensive Sonion drivers) which becomes clearer once you have them in your ears, they are another level.

However, in this endless pit of a hobby, I would always suggest caution and careful consideration, so in my view, you have done the right thing, wait if the timing is not right for you. There will be Black Friday soon, another AE sale round the corner and so on.....you will eventually get what you want.

Enjoy what you have in the meantime.

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #1,318 of 3,867
I just ordered the TRI I3 from HiFiGO, they’re selling them for $129.99, which is even cheaper than I saw on AliExpress 11/11 sales (on the order of $137), so I’m glad I waited... also got a $5 coupon for creating an account on HiFiGO, this was my first order from them, so $124.99 seems like a good price for the I3 from what I’ve read of the sound!

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #1,319 of 3,867
I just ordered the TRI I3 from HiFiGO, they’re selling them for $129.99, which is even cheaper than I saw on AliExpress 11/11 sales (on the order of $137), so I’m glad I waited... also got a $5 coupon for creating an account on HiFiGO, this was my first order from them, so $124.99 seems like a good price for the I3 from what I’ve read of the sound!
Bought mine from same site, totaled ~$150 shipped and I enjoy them greatly and consider them a tremendous value at that price. Congrats.

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #1,320 of 3,867
Bought mine from same site, totaled ~$150 shipped and I enjoy them greatly and consider them a tremendous value at that price. Congrats.

thanks! And if you find them a great value at $150, I’m tickled to have picked them up for what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back