TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Jan 24, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #3,571 of 3,867
What are the differences between the I3 and I3 Pro?

Jan 25, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #3,572 of 3,867
Hey guys! Here is my review of TRI Starlight 1DD+2BA+4EST tri-brid IEM with comparisons to TRI Starshine, Moondrop S8, Softears RSV and ItsFit Fusion. Have a read and let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers!

Jan 25, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #3,573 of 3,867
Jan 25, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #3,574 of 3,867
What are the differences between the I3 and I3 Pro?
Check ChrisOC's review of the I3 Pro. He did a fairly exhaustive comparison of the two.

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #3,575 of 3,867
Here's a graph of my TRI Starlight unit for everyone interested.

TRI Starlight.jpg

Feb 19, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #3,579 of 3,867
Noted any release notes on how these cables colour the sound? I dont want to shot in the dark.
If you want to colour the sound, braid a coloured ribbon into any headphone cable. Red makes sound warmer, blue makes it cooler, black makes it darker and so on. Way less expensive than buying a new cable.

I like the looks of Wolfram. Hopefully it's softer than C4-1 from NiceHCK.

Feb 19, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #3,580 of 3,867
If you want to colour the sound, braid a coloured ribbon into any headphone cable. Red makes sound warmer, blue makes it cooler, black makes it darker and so on. Way less expensive than buying a new cable.

The Wolfram does look good, I agree.

Feb 19, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #3,581 of 3,867

All food tastes the same, all ones lovers please the same, all gin tastes the same, all speakers sound the same, all cables sound the same?

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #3,582 of 3,867
All food tastes the same, all ones lovers please the same, all gin tastes the same, all speakers sound the same, all cables sound the same?

The cables are like drinking water, unless something is bad, they are just doing their job (conduction, hydration); colouring the sound by cables is a ridiculous concept scientifically, but exists in a context of selling different cables at inflated prices.

For instance, wolfram (tungsten) is a poorly conducting metal, also look for the meaning of the name, not exactly romantic, but it would likely do the job in selling premium products to audiophiles.

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #3,583 of 3,867
The cables are like drinking water, unless something is bad, they are just doing their job (conduction, hydration); colouring the sound by cables is a ridiculous concept scientifically, but exists in a context of selling different cables at inflated prices.

For instance, wolfram (tungsten) is a poorly conducting metal, also look for the meaning of the name, not exactly romantic, but it would likely do the job in selling premium products to audiophiles.
Do all cables sound the same? If not there is an explanation. It's still scientific. Nothing is the same. Whether it's resistance or other things we don't know about yet.

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #3,584 of 3,867
Haha! Just like all audiophiles hear the same!!!

Feb 19, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #3,585 of 3,867
Do all cables sound the same? If not there is an explanation. It's still scientific. Nothing is the same. Whether it's resistance or other things we don't know about yet.
It has been discussed quite a bit.
Cables definitely can sound different, the clear evidence of the difference is based on their resistance (and to me it also reveals the limitations of the source, I was really surprised that with the battery-poweed E1DA, using IEMatch did not make a noticeable difference, while with weaker sources - the difference is very noticeable).

Other than resistance, there is nothing else demonstrated, while there are now plenty good measurement rigs out there, and fine tip and modding differences get clearly documented.

The power of mind can also be strong, when I decided that blue cables should be the best (I really like blue colour), they indeed sounded best to me, still do.
Also the comfort of thicker soft cables that can be used without plastic ear guides really helps with my comfort and secure fit, so I got quite a few cables, and sometimes enjoy swapping them for aesthetics and fun :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back