Travelling, need headphones for electronic music production/mixing....narrowing it down!
Oct 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #46 of 48
what ohms were your dt880's?

Also the dt770 anniversary or limited edition or what ever its called are easy to drive with good bass. I don't know about to many low impedance headphones though. 

The RME doesn't have enough power. You can invest in an O2 amp though for 100 smacks. 

Its really worth investing in an amp because usually the harder to drive headphones offer much more detail and space. I would get a simple small amp and go for some headphones that can offer you the things you are missing from both.

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #47 of 48
Hey ancient.... I made a huge mistake and want to sincerely apologize. The headphone I heard was a beyerdynamic dt990. that is the fun and lively can I was thinking about for electronic music. I messed up. Bass is significantly more than the dt880. and it has a more fun less dry sound. I was surprised when you said the dt880 was dry. I actually listened to the dt990. Some find it less refined and balanced but I really liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back