Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #3,078 of 6,404
If you cut off the bottom of the triple flange, above the bottom biggest flange, and convert it to a double flange, you have the same isolation/seal but with a more manageable size.
I use to do that when I used them.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #3,079 of 6,404
Quote:
i see. wasnt following much. the last time i saw your comparison with 1p2. it was huge.
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe we hear it differently. i using ipod touch 3g ibasso d4 topkit with cheap ibasso ic. just to clarify i do not own any of those. tried both for like 30 mins.

1p2 was joel's. i remember it is with gold cable new version? have not heard stock silver cable. maybe that is the reason. any thoughts?

FYI: the above reference was to me, and yup, it was with the gold/silver upgrade, not the stock silver.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,081 of 6,404
Quote:

So hows the gold cable working out for you? Has it grown on your further? It's really grown on me. Can't picture going back now :).

Same. I'm happy with it really. Also with a modded AK that brings out the bass though I'm trying to figure out if I'm sacrificing the highs a little i.e. a little messy. I need to find the track that I remember it being a little dodgy at. 

Been really really busy the past week or so. I've switched departments at work and also back moderating on another forum so haven't been popping in here as much 
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #3,082 of 6,404
Glad its working out for you :). I've been ecstatic about the AK120 pairing on 1.11 with the Listrid 2.0 patch applied. Lots of bass yet still very detailed and balanced.

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #3,085 of 6,404
OK, three weeks in, and some recent very long listening sessions, I perceive a change. I hear more detail, there was gobs already, and the soundstage seems to be wider, instrument separation seems clearer than it was. Bass seems to be getting more sublime.

Am starting to write the review.

What do you think? Burn in or purely in my head? I could swear the stage has become wider.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #3,087 of 6,404
Quote:
OK, three weeks in, and some recent very long listening sessions, I perceive a change. I hear more detail, there was gobs already, and the soundstage seems to be wider, instrument separation seems clearer than it was. Bass seems to be getting more sublime.

What do you think? Burn in or purely in my head? I could swear the stage has become wider.

I am noticing similar things. I think a lot of it has to do with time and experience with the earphone. You're listening more, you have grown coherent with the sound signature, etc.. I like almost any earphone more and more the more time I spend with it. And if I take a break and come back, it's almost like a whole new earphone to explore again. 
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #3,088 of 6,404
Quote:

Just curious.

Quote:

Probably both.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #3,089 of 6,404
Quote:

I am noticing similar things. I think a lot of it has to do with time and experience with the earphone. You're listening more, you have grown coherent with the sound signature, etc.. I like almost any earphone more and more the more time I spend with it. And if I take a break and come back, it's almost like a whole new earphone to explore again. 
tongue.gif

Works the same for marriage.. It requires burn in as well
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #3,090 of 6,404
Quote:
OK, three weeks in, and some recent very long listening sessions, I perceive a change. I hear more detail, there was gobs already, and the sound-stage seems to be wider, instrument separation seems clearer than it was. Bass seems to be getting more sublime.

Both burn in of the cable and the IEM itself Vespertine. You're just noticing the changes as it happens since you are actively using them. It's one reason why I like to listen to my gear opposed to continuously running them in without usage. Unless it sounds like horse **** then I'll burn them in manually in hopes to improve things (which has happened to me before lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back