Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #391 of 6,404
That's up to you to decide if you think it will or not. (Btw, nothing's perfectly neutral.)

What a good cable does is make the sound superior but not change anything in the frequency.
Quote:
Been lurking in the thread for a while until I saw the cables part. I just got my UE IERM. Just want to ask that, if I change its cable, wouldn't I change its perfectly neutral sound signatures?

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #392 of 6,404
Hehe, well "Perceived neutral" as they advertised it. I mean it is the most neutral thing I've heard.  But thanks for your comment, and I'll stop derailing the thread now.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #394 of 6,404
Well we'll need more impressions really to come to a consensus. But I was quite happy with the 5N OCC Cable. I find the 6N OCC to be noticeably better but I could have easily lived with the 5N. Haven't tried the Gold cable so not sure if it is indeed the cause of the elevated treble and bass... At least when I compared the AKGs to the Tralucents the Tralucents treble was clearly more benign and gentle on the ears. I'd say overall the AKGs do have nice and detailed treble but comparing the two the Tralucents made the AKGs treble feel a bit jagged (rough around the edges) and in your face. Not saying it's a bad presentation but a more fatiguing one. I also couldn't say the AKGs were more detailed, but do give an impression of this due to its forward nature. But there is a fine line between this and it is often mistaken as more detail....

I guess what I'm trying to say is the AKGs will slap you in the face with it while the Tralucents I find it easier to actually listen for that detail and in doing so I'm not getting fatigued. This leads me to a significantly more enjoyable experience. Generally this is where I get my musical enjoyment. From listening to the music. Not having it forced on me, if that makes sense to you guys? At the same time I'm not saying the Tralucents aren't very resolving themselves, because that isn't the case at all. I had made comparison to them to my IE80s earlier on and my opinion still stands. They remind me of a very detailed IE80 just significantly better overall. It's always a balancing act in my case. Going overboard in one aspect will ruin it all for me :p. I think the AKGs forward nature is what really drew me to it for out-door usage. Because generally I'm much more distracted and less likely to pay attention to the actual music. The AGKs had a way of forcing me to which was quite nice in situations where I wasn't trying to analyze the music.
smily_headphones1.gif

A picture of my dumbo ears with Tralucent 1Plus2 :

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #395 of 6,404
I've been following this thread but really don't have anything to input yet.  I'm definitely looking forward to trying these babies out.  Thanks lee and tralucent for the opportunity.  

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #398 of 6,404
Quote:
Has anyone compared these to the FitEar TO GO! 334s? I think Shane had a pair didn't he. Interested to hear comparisons there...

I'll be meeting tomorrow with Saraguie so we'll do our comparisons then. I really wanna see what's all the hype about this IEM. We'll both do cross comparison for sure and a hole lot more with the gear I have :p.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #399 of 6,404
Quote:
I'll be meeting tomorrow with Saraguie so we'll do our comparisons then. I really wanna see what's all the hype about this new IEM. We'll both do cross comparison for sure and a hole lot more with the gear I have :p.

Looks like Hawaii is where it's at! Thanks a lot for all those here who have taken the time to make impressions (yes even if you say you did it for fun it still is pretty nice of you guys). 

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #401 of 6,404
Strange because I thought the AKGs were pretty relaxed and conservative sounding except for the very forward mids.

Also burned in around additional 30 hours on the T1 and 1Plus2. Mids are more prominent than before (before it was pretty darn distant). A bit less perceived mid bass creep. Bass reaches deeper than before and slightly less "in your face."

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #402 of 6,404
So is that an improvement? :wink:

Yeah I did find the AKGs treble rather aggressive in comparison to the Tralucents. But at the same time they had a very smooth nature to them which was quite surprising to me. I never really heard and IEM that could possess both a smooth yet an aggressive nature (quite forward). But comparing the 2 the AKGs treble was more jagged (rough around the edges). That along with the forward nature would get me fatigued on long listening sessions. Not that I didn't enjoy it though. I didn't find the mids as forward as the treble so I'm also curious about that. I found the treble to be first in emphasis on the AKGs, followed by it's bass. The mids were slightly lacking in comparison to the treble and bass (not much at all but noticeable to me). This is what also made me feel disconnected at times (I feel this is related to coherency). The bass and mids didn't flow together as well as other IEMs I've heard. Something I'm also not use to hearing.

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #404 of 6,404
Once I can afford the 8As I'll be purchasing them. I've already committed to the buy and put down a down-payment for them quite some time ago. Just a waiting game now.

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #405 of 6,404
What made you decide?
Quote:
Once I can afford the 8As I'll be purchasing them. I've already committed to the buy and put down a down-payment for them quite some time ago. Just a waiting game now.

And yes it's quite an improvement given it's just burn-in that did all the work. Amps + burn-in = must I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back