Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #1,066 of 6,404
Quote:
Happy new year :)

Yeah the bass was a bit bloated, treble.... Artificial, like hollow glass lol. Mids almost non existent :p. But I must admit they did do quite well on dubstep & the sound stage was rather spacious for a BA. So I can't fault them there.

It's a fun IEM for my electronica stuff and I grade them as a good IEM because of it. I'm 42, if an IEM can make me jump up and dance around to my music then it's been able to do more then all my ex girlfriends were able to. They rarely got me up on the dance floor to dance because I move around like a tank.

@GirlsGeneration

Since you're a Headphone Bar regular and a big LCD 2 fan I thought you might be interested in THIS. Not a bad price for the LCD 2 in my opinion. By the way, the next time you're at Headphone Bar could you give the Burson Soloist a good listen and get back to me with your impressions. I'm rather curious about that amp and impressions on here not involving rabid haters or fanatics are hard to find.

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #1,068 of 6,404
Already do have the LCD2s :)
The Soloist is VERY slow and relaxed. The whole time I listened to them, I was kind of waiting for the sound to be produced because it's so slow in comparison to the Mjolnir. I would not like to listen to dubstep or pop with the Soloist at all. Vocals were good, but I personally preferred the Mjolnir in almost every way. I remember the Soloist didn't give as much detail, and it had a narrower soundstage. I guess you can call it more intimate, but I found it really didn't contend with the Mjolnir that well.
Quote:
It's a fun IEM for my electronica stuff and I grade them as a good IEM because of it. I'm 42, if an IEM can make me jump up and dance around to my music then it's been able to do more then all my ex girlfriends were able to. They rarely got me up on the dance floor to dance because I move around like a tank.

@GirlsGeneration

Since you're a Headphone Bar regular and a big LCD 2 fan I thought you might be interested in THIS. Not a bad price for the LCD 2 in my opinion. By the way, the next time you're at Headphone Bar could you give the Burson Soloist a good listen and get back to me with your impressions. I'm rather curious about that amp and impressions on here not involving rabid haters or fanatics are hard to find.

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #1,069 of 6,404
Quote:

I was thinking about 1plus2 and UM Miracle lately ..

i got on the UM NA GB...now to decide Merlin or Miracle...?

from what i've researched, the Merlin with a silver/copper or silver cable gets very close to the Miracle mid/highs but of course rules it on the low end....

what a tough decision....poor me.... 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #1,070 of 6,404
Quote:

i got on the UM NA GB...now to decide Merlin or Miracle...?

from what i've researched, the Merlin with a silver/copper or silver cable gets very close to the Miracle mid/highs but of course rules it on the low end....

what a tough decision....poor me.... 
tongue_smile.gif

Well what sound are you looking for toads? Do you want a more fun sound or do you want a very balanced and neutral sound? The miracles are along the lines of neutrality while the merlins are more of a fun sounding IEM.

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,079 of 6,404
Quote:
Already do have the LCD2s :)
The Soloist is VERY slow and relaxed. The whole time I listened to them, I was kind of waiting for the sound to be produced because it's so slow in comparison to the Mjolnir. I would not like to listen to dubstep or pop with the Soloist at all. Vocals were good, but I personally preferred the Mjolnir in almost every way. I remember the Soloist didn't give as much detail, and it had a narrower soundstage. I guess you can call it more intimate, but I found it really didn't contend with the Mjolnir that well.

Yeah, looks like the Soloist is off my shortlist. To bad it was a nice looking unit. Thanks for the info GG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back