Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #5,776 of 6,404
I used them with the silver/gold balanced and the Duet for some time. Now I'm waiting for my uber balanced. The most noticeable improvements are instrument separation and soundstage size. I definitely would recommend going balanced.

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #5,777 of 6,404
  I used them with the silver/gold balanced and the Duet for some time. Now I'm waiting for my uber balanced. The most noticeable improvements are instrument separation and soundstage size. I definitely would recommend going balanced.

Wow, balanced uber cable sounds very expensive-Congrats!!!  Great to see that someone loves these iems as much as me. 

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #5,779 of 6,404
I really miss the 1Plus2s. Debating on selling off the Ref 1 and going back. I got the perfect fit with them with the Spiral Dot tips. On the Ref 1 I tend to get vacuum seal. But what I liked about the 1Plus2 the most is how balanced they sounded to me with a perfect fit. Vocals aren't quite as upfront as the Ref 1s but I liked them nonetheless. Decisions, decisions :p.

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #5,781 of 6,404
I really miss the 1Plus2s. Debating on selling off the Ref 1 and going back. I got the perfect fit with them with the Spiral Dot tips. On the Ref 1 I tend to get vacuum seal. But what I liked about the 1Plus2 the most is how balanced they sounded to me with a perfect fit. Vocals aren't quite as upfront as the Ref 1s but I liked them nonetheless. Decisions, decisions :p.

Yeah, having a listen for you right now, Lee. Sounds excellent. :wink:

Sep 12, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #5,784 of 6,404
^^^Quote:
This place is like Facebook, only instead of liking things, you buy them...

truer words have never been spoken!
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #5,785 of 6,404
I miss having the 1p2 in my arsenal, but there just wasn't room for them :frowning2:

Maybe I'll get another pair one day, as there is something about them that I cannot recreate with anything else.

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #5,786 of 6,404
Yeah, the 1p2 has a very special and addictive (imo laid back) soundsignature. Alhough it's not my favorite iem atm, I still use it almost every day for some time. Planning to sell some audio stuff (including at least 1 iem) soon, but the 1p2 surely won't make it to that list
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #5,787 of 6,404

Personally I preferred the 1Plus2's to the Ref 1, the Ref 1's had some nice points but the 1Plus2's had a better overall balance. While they're still one of the best headphones I've heard I hardly ever use them anymore because most IEM's are aggravating my TMJ more now so I'm thinking very seriously about selling them. I'm scared I'm going to regret it the decision but it doesn't make much sense having them sit here in a drawer.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #5,789 of 6,404

Personally I preferred the 1Plus2's to the Ref 1, the Ref 1's had some nice points but the 1Plus2's had a better overall balance. While they're still one of the best headphones I've heard I hardly ever use them anymore because most IEM's are aggravating my TMJ more now so I'm thinking very seriously about selling them. I'm scared I'm going to regret it the decision but it doesn't make much sense having them sit here in a drawer.

That's too bad to hear :frowning2:. What tips do you use? The Spiral Dot tips work wonders for me. Have you given those a shot? Gives me the perfect fit and very comfortable for long listening sessions.
I totally agree. 1plu2 is the oldest IEM in my collection and now with the uber is the end of line for me.

I really liked that combo just finances at the time. Also didn't use them all the time due to the cable being delicate and cumbersome.
@lee730 Ha, funny you should mention your old 1+2. I believe I ended up with them!

Sound excellent indeed!
wink.gif

Lol that's cool. I do regret selling them. :p
Yeah, having a listen for you right now, Lee. Sounds excellent.
wink.gif

Yeah, yeah :p.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #5,790 of 6,404

That's too bad to hear :frowning2:. What tips do you use? The Spiral Dot tips work wonders for me. Have you given those a shot? Gives me the perfect fit and very comfortable for long listening sessions.

No, I haven't tried the Spiral Dots but I've got crazy weird skin, I seem to be sensitive to every kind of silicone tip I've tried. In fact, even some foam types can bother me so I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I can only use Comply tips. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back