Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #5,416 of 6,404
  I did notice fitting was a problem with the 1+2, the Comply tips I am using are fine, I can felt when I take them off from my ears, the isolation wasn't that good, maybe I should try some longer tips next.

I wonder if its seal related? Sounds like you are getting a bad seal. Or a defective pair? Never heard them as congested or a small sound staging? The AK120 S mod pairs really well on the 1Plus2. If you are using the silver cable on it I suggest the Studio V 3rd ANV.

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #5,417 of 6,404
It is a U shaped sig with slightly recessed mids..but different ears i guess..i use the 1plus2 to listen to edm, rock, hip hop and rnb and it deficiently is a win..amazing bass and amazing details..

Im surprised you said that the soundstage is small..its huge..really huge and airy as well.that's one of the defining factor of the 1plus2. I have never heard anyone saying it is congested.

What tips are u using? What dap are u using? Amps?

But, i never listened to the mentor sooo ymmv

While I am not a reviewer and definitely don't have the expertise as most of you guys here, but I do know good or bad in sounding,  it is either I got a pair bad 1+2 which I doubt or the Mentor is too good, honestly, the first time I did a AB test in balanced mode last night, I thought my plug wasn't all the way in when I switched to the 1+2, I did some further listening this afternoon confirmed my thoughts, it maybe has some sound stage but not like you guys were talking about, lack of dynamic range and missing tones at upper high are for sure.

I am sorry guys, I am not here to screw up the party, I just want to share some of my opinions.

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #5,418 of 6,404

I wonder if its seal related? Sounds like you are getting a bad seal. Or a defective pair? Never heard them as congested or a small sound staging? The AK120 S mod pairs really well on the 1Plus2. If you are using the silver cable on it I suggest the Studio V 3rd ANV.

very well could be the tips, I ordered some isolation tips, they are coming next week, I will do a follow up.

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #5,419 of 6,404
  very well could be the tips, I ordered some isolation tips, they are coming next week, I will do a follow up.

Give those JVC tips a try. If you have larger ears go for  the large size. Best I heard the 1Plus2 sound by far. Otherwise I can only think your pair is defective. Forgot to add the Comply tips muffle the sound. It increases bass, makes it flabby and causes treble to roll off. Never did get on with the complys. Not to mention it destroys the sound staging and air.... Speaking of which, does anyone wanna buy comply tips I have a lifetime supply :wink:...

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #5,420 of 6,404
While I am not a reviewer and definitely don't have the expertise as most of you guys here, but I do know good or bad in sounding,  it is either I got a pair bad 1+2 which I doubt or the Mentor is too good, honestly, the first time I did a AB test in balanced mode last night, I thought my plug wasn't all the way in when I switched to the 1+2, I did some further listening this afternoon confirmed my thoughts, it maybe has some sound stage but not like you guys were talking about, lack of dynamic range and missing tones at upper high are for sure.

I am sorry guys, I am not here to screw up the party, I just want to share some of my opinions.

Ure using comply...that's the problem..that will destroy the 1plus2 sound sig..esp treble and soundstage

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #5,421 of 6,404
Comply tips and a bad seal? Ouch -that's got to be a large part of the problem. My 1p2s' soundstage is like the great outdoors - big sky country... and I haven't got 100 hours on them... it's getting bigger. Maybe a problem with the set, because this sounds like an outlier.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #5,423 of 6,404
Im pretty confident its just the comply tips..1plus2 is built like a tank and seldom gets defective

My first pair did have issues though. Although I don't think it is common. Something got loose inside and it was rattling. Sound was still good but it was very annoying. Got them replaced under warranty.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #5,424 of 6,404
Thanks for all the replies, I thought Comply were the "****", I always use foam tips, I don't know where I can get these other than Comply, I bought the 1+2 from the forum, it doesn't come with any foam tips. So I need to get a pair JVC spiral tips?
Comply is my Mentor too.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #5,425 of 6,404
I bought 4 boxes of them from amazon.jp and had tenso.com forward them from their location to Hawaii. Tenso messed up on the shipping so they reimbursed me. So was free shipping :wink:...

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #5,426 of 6,404
Comply? Owh big no-no bro..it will muffle out the treble..try ortofon or heir tips.

Isolation wise..i have to agree, it does have a hole for the driver to breathe

Agreed with you 1Plus2 does not match with Comply tips (which I have a few pairs).  Ortofon delivers comfort and good sound.   

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #5,427 of 6,404
  I recently got a pair 1+2 with v2 silver gold cable, recommended by Warren Chi at the San Francisco meet, I am not really impressed with it, yes, the bass is low and tight, the mid vocal is lush and robust, but it misses about 15% (high and mid high)of the tone of music compare to the Mentor, I don't think the sound stage is wide and depth-ed. The 1+2 is flat and no dynamic range again compare to the Mentor, I like the bass and slight forward robust vocal, but I just can't live with 85% of the music when I am listening, I really want to like it so I can have 2 IEMs to play around, I tried different cables and DAPs with no luck, It just sound congested. Am I missing something? 

You will get a lot of objection to your impressions on 1Plus2 from current owners LOL.

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #5,429 of 6,404
Aug 8, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #5,430 of 6,404
  I looked up the Ebay link, these tips are freaking expensive, $20 for one pair tip, damn.

You get 3 pairs in each box. I agree it is expensive but well worth it. I paid less due to Japan but then factor in the shipping and that $20.00 is probably worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back