Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #5,401 of 6,404

1plus2 and the JVC spiral tips are a great match!

Thankfully someone on the Ref1 thread posted a good ebay seller. Japan to the US in 8 days.

Really? How great are great?? Im using the Ortofon and Heir tips without issue...

I mean those spirals are kinda expensive...are they worth it?

I think they were $20+ so pricey, but not outrageous.

Ortofons were too flexible, couldn't get a good seal and not stable. I tried complys but they ate up the treble. Monster supertips gel and foam sounded nice but were too stiff to fit well. Auvio hybrids were pretty good, but the sound was somewhat aggressive and a little too dynamic, if that makes any sense. The JVC spiral enhance the soundstage and detail and make it more 3D. It sounds musical and less sterile. And the material is a little softer than the Auvios, but not super flexible like the Ortofons. So they seal great but give stability. The diameter is slightly smaller than the Auvios.

The JVC spirals seemed overhyped but after getting them I'm very happy.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #5,402 of 6,404

Ortofons were too flexible, couldn't get a good seal and not stable. I tried complys but they ate up the treble. Monster supertips gel and foam sounded nice but were too stiff to fit well. Auvio hybrids were pretty good, but the sound was somewhat aggressive and a little too dynamic, if that makes any sense. The JVC spiral enhance the soundstage and detail and make it more 3D. It sounds musical and less sterile. And the material is a little softer than the Auvios, but not super flexible like the Ortofons. So they seal great but give stability. The diameter is slightly smaller than the Auvios.

You had me at hello...lol..link link link

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #5,405 of 6,404

You had me at hello...lol..link link link

I bought from buyfromjapan on e bay. He had all the sizes

See this post
http://www.head-fi.org/t/712125/tralucent-audio-ref-1-iem/1365#post_10772587

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #5,406 of 6,404

See this post

yeah I have actually have him as my saved seller...

okay last question..

what about size? Which ones to get..I use Mediums Ortofon and Heir. are they the same size?

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #5,407 of 6,404

See this post

okay last question..

what about size? Which ones to get..I use Mediums Ortofon and Heir. are they the same size?

I think ortofons mediums are a little smaller than normal mediums right? The JVC mediums are a little smaller than the Auvio mediums and sit a little deeper in the ear. So probably similar size to the ortofon mediums.

So I guess I would stick with medium. I don't have any experience with Heir tips (I have CIEMs).

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #5,409 of 6,404
I recently got a pair 1+2 with v2 silver gold cable, recommended by Warren Chi at the San Francisco meet, I am not really impressed with it, yes, the bass is low and tight, the mid vocal is lush and robust, but it misses about 15% (high and mid high)of the tone of music compare to the Mentor, I don't think the sound stage is wide and depth-ed. The 1+2 is flat and no dynamic range again compare to the Mentor, I like the bass and slight forward robust vocal, but I just can't live with 85% of the music when I am listening, I really want to like it so I can have 2 IEMs to play around, I tried different cables and DAPs with no luck, It just sound congested. Am I missing something? 

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #5,412 of 6,404
I recently got a pair 1+2 with v2 silver gold cable, recommended by Warren Chi at the San Francisco meet, I am not really impressed with it, yes, the bass is low and tight, the mid vocal is lush and robust, but it misses about 15% (high and mid high)of the tone of music compare to the Mentor, I don't think the sound stage is wide and depth-ed. The 1+2 is flat and no dynamic range again compare to the Mentor, I like the bass and slight forward robust vocal, but I just can't live with 85% of the music when I am listening, I really want to like it so I can have 2 IEMs to play around, I tried different cables and DAPs with no luck, It just sound congested. Am I missing something? 

It is a U shaped sig with slightly recessed mids..but different ears i guess..i use the 1plus2 to listen to edm, rock, hip hop and rnb and it definitely is a win with amazing bass and amazing details.

Im surprised you said that the soundstage is small..its huge! really huge and airy as well.that's one of the defining factor of the 1plus2. I have never heard anyone saying it is congested.

What tips are u using? What dap are u using? Amps?

But, i never listened to the mentor sooo ymmv

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #5,413 of 6,404
I did notice fitting was a problem with the 1+2, the Comply tips I am using are fine, I can felt when I take them off from my ears, the isolation wasn't that good, maybe I should try some longer tips next.

Comply? Owh big no-no bro..it will muffle out the treble..try ortofon or heir tips.

Isolation wise..i have to agree, it does have a hole for the driver to breathe

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #5,415 of 6,404

okay last question..

I think ortofons mediums are a little smaller than normal mediums right? The JVC mediums are a little smaller than the Auvio mediums and sit a little deeper in the ear. So probably similar size to the ortofon mediums.

So I guess I would stick with medium. I don't have any experience with Heir tips (I have CIEMs).

Keep in mind guys I sent a medium pair to burtomr as he normally uses medium sized tips but it didn't give him a seal. He needed the large JVC tips to achieve a seal. So it's not always the same size fits all. I use the large size myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back