Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #5,221 of 6,404
  hahahha...so excited you guys cant imagine...

I promised my wallet this will be the last purchase....

(For a few months) lol

Well done man. You will have no regrets.
I've just pressed the button on the Ref.1 with stock.
What wallet?
Don't need one any more!

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #5,222 of 6,404
What wallet?
Don't need one any more!

Hahha... Wallet.. Ripped... To... Shreds...

Actually selling my sd3 helped funded the uber.. Thanks to my buddy reignfire and of cos rudi to make this 3 way deal happen... Love head fi

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #5,223 of 6,404
Ok, so I'm on the brink of grabbing myself a 1+2 but before I do I just want to dig up a debate from last year, as to whether it is a superior sounding IEM to the Heir 8a I'm currently rocking. There seemed to be contrasting opinions and as far as I can ascertain the biggest differences are that one is significantly warmer with a slightly rolled off treble although possibly more detail due to the number of high frequency drivers and the other has an impressive soundstage that can rival closed back phones and an incredibly well balanced sound.

I'm also conscious I will be losing the isolation of a good custom I have become used to.

Is there anyone here who has heard both and would consider one being significantly superior to the other?

Jim, I know you fall heavily on the 1+2 side, especially with the AK120. :D

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #5,225 of 6,404
Ok, so I'm on the brink of grabbing myself a 1+2 but before I do I just want to dig up a debate from last year, as to whether it is a superior sounding IEM to the Heir 8a I'm currently rocking. Their seemed to be contrasting opinions and as far as I can ascertain the biggest differences are that one is significantly warmer with a slightly rolled off treble although possibly more detail due to the number of high frequency drivers and the other has an impressive soundstage that can rival closed back phones and an incredibly well balanced sound.

I'm also conscious I will be losing the isolation of a good custom I have become used to.

Is there anyone here who has heard both and would consider one being significantly superior to the other?

Jim, I know you fall heavily on the 1+2 side, especially with the AK120. :D

I haven't heard the Heir 8a before, but I have heard the demo unit of Noble 8c from the Wizard and I am very familiar with my 1plus2 and also have the new Ref 1 for about 2 weeks now. Maybe if you can tell me what is the key differences between 8a and 8c, I can give you some feedback on how 8a would compare against 1plus2. Also give us an idea what is your favourite genres of music and your music collection.

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #5,227 of 6,404
I haven't heard the Heir 8a before, but I have heard the demo unit of Noble 8c from the Wizard and I am very familiar with my 1plus2 and also have the new Ref 1 for about 2 weeks now. Maybe if you can tell me what is the key differences between 8a and 8c, I can give you some feedback on how 8a would compare against 1plus2. Also give us an idea what is your favourite genres of music and your music collection.

My tastes are fairly eclectic, although maybe with a slight bias towards synths and other electronic sounds (EDM etc) good vocals are also important to me.

To the best of my knowledge the 8c is incredibly similar to the 8a with maybe a touch less warmth, so if you are able to compare the 8c with the 1+2, that would be great. Thank you :)

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #5,228 of 6,404
  hahahha...so excited you guys cant imagine...

I promised my wallet this will be the last purchase....

(For a few months) lol

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Winston Churchill

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #5,229 of 6,404

What wallet?
Don't need one any more!

Nope.  Nothing to hold on to!

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #5,233 of 6,404

Users who are viewing this thread

Back