Trafomatic Primavera Initial Impressions
Mar 23, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #91 of 128
And I am very curious how it compares with my Hifiman EF1000 with both connected to my Susvara headphones.

I have heard the Viva Egoista 845 connected to a Chord DAVE (same DAC as I have) and the Susvara and to my ears my EF1000 was a lot better sounding. I found the 845 a bit too warm for my liking although a very nice Amp. I don't know what tubes were in it though.
Any comparisons to the Envy Anniversary Edition??

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #92 of 128
I also heard the Viva Egoista 845 with my susvara, I agree it sounded warm but it had one of the best quality low end bass extension I have ever heard, and to my ears all the other sound characteristics sounded close to perfect as possible. It was using 1 x 6N1P, 1x 6SN7GTB, 2 x 845, 2 x EH5U4GB. I’m still curious being compared to the primavera.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #95 of 128
I also heard the Viva Egoista 845 with my susvara, I agree it sounded warm but it had one of the best quality low end bass extension I have ever heard, and to my ears all the other sound characteristics sounded close to perfect as possible. It was using 1 x 6N1P, 1x 6SN7GTB, 2 x 845, 2 x EH5U4GB. I’m still curious being compared to the primavera.
I heard the viva at canjam with the susvara and it was damn good

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #97 of 128
I heard the viva at canjam with the susvara and it was damn good
Oh yeah I remember the sound very well, high quality sound, thick, revealing, holographic, great soundstage, excellent low end, amazing mids, and perfect treble. But it is bulky, I guess it has to be in order to fit those huge transformers and everything's point to point wiring in it to get that sound. And those 845 tubes do get hot.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #98 of 128
Mar 23, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #99 of 128
Viva Egoista 845 internal photo:
IMG_9949.jpeg

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #102 of 128

@Johnsmith55 have u tried the rivera aic 10 to compare with viva 845 with sus at can jam?​

Actually yes I did exactly that. I brought my own Susvara pair. The AIC10 sounded very tight and clean lots of power to drive the Susvara plenty of it, beautiful looking amp, you have the option to plug your system in front or back where the speakers get hooked up, I spent plenty of time with it. But in the end I preferred the viva 845 over the AIC10. Because the 845 was a bit more revealing then the aic10 but the main reason was the viva just had the overall quality of heft/weight to the sound and the stage very holographic. The best way I can explain is when you hear a home studio recording to a professional $1m console recording. The viva just adds that quality that we all seek with our ears. I know it’s bulky and it gets hot but that’s the best they can do as of now to get that quality of sound and I don’t care I’m fine with it, it may be big, bulky, doofy, a heater for winter BUT it does give me that sound I’ve been searching for and my Susvara have never sounded better. I evern prefer it over the mass kobo 465.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #103 of 128
Actually yes I did exactly that. I brought my own Susvara pair. The AIC10 sounded very tight and clean lots of power to drive the Susvara plenty of it, beautiful looking amp, you have the option to plug your system in front or back where the speakers get hooked up, I spent plenty of time with it. But in the end I preferred the viva 845 over the AIC10. Because the 845 was a bit more revealing then the aic10 but the main reason was the viva just had the overall quality of heft/weight to the sound and the stage very holographic. The best way I can explain is when you hear a home studio recording to a professional $1m console recording. The viva just adds that quality that we all seek with our ears. I know it’s bulky and it gets hot but that’s the best they can do as of now to get that quality of sound and I don’t care I’m fine with it, it may be big, bulky, doofy, a heater for winter BUT it does give me that sound I’ve been searching for and my Susvara have never sounded better. I evern prefer it over the mass kobo 465.

Wonderful comparison! Much appreciated!

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #105 of 128
Not too long ago I was able to borrow a pair of Telefunken EC8020s. Purchased the necessary adapters from Deyan and spent a couple of days with them. I've tried the obtainable 6C45P-E variants/equivalents, but never experienced the super tube (we 437a or tfk ec8020). Currently using the Electro Harmonix 6C45P-E Gold Pin version.

The summary is: the EC8020 is definitely a fantastic tube. The sound was clearer and crisper with better control and the timbre felt more natural. The instruments were easier to locate (less foggy) and the soundstage was quite significantly bigger. All in all, I couldn't really find a downside. Other than the price. Or availability.

I need to disclose that my hearing hasn't been great as of late. Covid followed by sinusitis really affected it quite a bit - I still have slight tinnitus and hear certain high frequencies from completely wrong spots. So take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back