Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Dec 2, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #632 of 795
Quote:
I remember Jack saying he'll consider all the issues in a message, although that may as well be a dismissal as an actual promise :/

After my fun times with Jack, to me, that statement basically means no unless it makes their company a lot of money. The product works and sounds good, so there is no point to make the UI better. Simple things like a hold ability or a return to your previous playlist from the "now playing" screen haven't even been implemented or hinted at and those things have been mentioned multiple times, a long time running, in almost every single review. Exactly how hard would that be to code if you're somewhat knowledgeable with the UI's language? Call me a doubter, because I am!

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #634 of 795
It functions enough to get by I wouldn't use the word it works. The vast majority of people won't be as forgiving as we are especially in the price bracket this player sells for. The vast majority of people who encounter the UI bugs will repackage the player and return it for a full refund good sounding DAP or not.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #636 of 795
Quote:

... (s)imple things like a hold ability or a return to your previous playlist from the "now playing" screen haven't even been implemented or hinted at and those things have been mentioned multiple times, a long time running, in almost every single review. Exactly how hard would that be to code if you're somewhat knowledgeable with the UI's language? Call me a doubter, because I am!

Quote:
It functions enough to get by I wouldn't use the word it works. The vast majority of people won't be as forgiving as we are especially in the price bracket this player sells for. The vast majority of people who encounter the UI bugs will repackage the player and return it for a full refund good sounding DAP or not.

+ 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #637 of 795
I finally received my replacement player today. Took long enough, but I'm happy that it was before finals.

I'll post more information (timeline, impressions, final thoughts, etc.) after my exams.

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #639 of 795
so far i've listend to this player for about 321 hours total. Yes i've been keeping track of my time. and i swear this player sounds better than my damn HRT Music Streamer II +, It sounds very Similar to my Dacport Lx, The mids are more forward but "Not to forward, Perfectly forward" on the hisound compared to my dacport lx and i really love that. I also recently heard the ibasso dx100 a couple of hours ago, over my cousin's house and umm lets just say the Hisound 3rd definately takes on the ibasso dx100 head to head. The ibasso also runs really hot in which i fear that it may cause problems in a long run but i don't know too much about that issue. and in my opinion i wouldn't pay for the ibasso dx100 for it's price when i can get the hisound that sounds just as good and maybe a bit better to some ears. Now i don't  want to mislead people about the IBasso which is the King of DAP, but the 3rd will take on any High end player out there C4 and 801 and it will make them feel small :). The only complaint i have about the hisound is the annoying SD card formatting. But everything is going fine now, recently found out i was suppose to formatt in FAT32 in which i forgot >.<. But great Job hisound. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #640 of 795
Quote:
so far i've listend to this player for about 321 hours total. Yes i've been keeping track of my time. and i swear this player sounds better than my damn HRT Music Streamer II +, It sounds very Similar to my Dacport Lx, The mids are more forward but "Not to forward, Perfectly forward" on the hisound compared to my dacport lx and i really love that. I also recently heard the ibasso dx100 a couple of hours ago, over my cousin's house and umm lets just say the Hisound 3rd definately takes on the ibasso dx100 head to head. The ibasso also runs really hot in which i fear that it may cause problems in a long run but i don't know too much about that issue. and in my opinion i wouldn't pay for the ibasso dx100 for it's price when i can get the hisound that sounds just as good and maybe a bit better to some ears. Now i don't  want to mislead people about the IBasso which is the King of DAP, but the 3rd will take on any High end player out there C4 and 801 and it will them feel small :). The only complaint i have about the hisound is the annoying SD card formatting. But everything is going fine now, recently found out i was suppose to formatt in FAT32 in which i forgot >.<. But great Job hisound. 

One thing (if you aren't doing this already) that I suggest is getting a Microsd card reader. I tried syncing my stuff straight off the player, and it either kept crashing or just wouldn't do it. I bought the IOgear one off of Amazon for $6.00 shipped with Prime. It is 32452345634573456x faster imo 
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #641 of 795
Quote:
You are better off converting those apple lossless to FLAC. you can make an extra copy of those specific files if you want. Then use Monkey Audio to blow them back up to WAV. Then use FLAC Frontend to shrink them down to FLAC. That way you can just cut and paste and still keep your Apple Lossless files as well.

This is what I do as well (except that I use Goldwave). FLAC is just so much better supported.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #642 of 795
Quote:
This is what I do as well (except that I use Goldwave). FLAC is just so much better supported.

I actually got Monkey Audio (APE) mixed up with ALAC lmao :p. Anyways I use foobar to do all the converting. It is by the the most versatile and very very fast. Uses 100% of my i7 CPU so indeed it is a good program. Funny thing is I don't touch it when it comes to listening to music unless I'm listening to SACDs :).

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #643 of 795
Just got the Hifiman He-500, and lets just say it drives them perfectly. I had my doubts at first but it actually drives them better than my 650's. I would have to say if any headphones that would go Excellent with the Hisound player is the He-500, He-400, and AKG Q701, which are the current pairs im using. The He-500 is currently the best headphones i've ever owned. and the hisound makes these baby's sing lol. ill said it once, and ill say it again, I have never owned DAP that sounds this great

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #644 of 795
Just got the Hifiman He-500, and lets just say it drives them perfectly. I had my doubts at first but it actually drives them better than my 650's. I would have to say if any headphones that would go Excellent with the Hisound player is the He-500, He-400, and AKG Q701, which are the current pairs im using. The He-500 is currently the best headphones i've ever owned. and the hisound makes these baby's sing lol. ill said it once, and ill say it again, I have never owned DAP that sounds this great

I know, He-500 with this DAP is not bad at all.

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #645 of 795
Looking into purchasing one of these very soon as my iPod is on its way out and will be using them with IEMs. I've read the unit itself can take over a minute to read your card upon boot up. What a PITA. Hopefully I can get over that, the UI, and the firmware. I suppose the bottom line is the SQ anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back