Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Jan 8, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #661 of 795
Yeah, the hiss bothers me more sometimes than others. If the next revision ACTUALLY GETS RID OF THE HISS, I'll buy it. Otherwise, no reason to upgrade from the same company, especially with no FW update. Don't get me wrong, I love my brick, but those two issues still kind of get under my skin.

Update on my player btw: I had the rattling issue a user stated earlier. I ripped it open to check it out, seems the screws were very very loose holding the PCB. I got all hopeful tightening them down, thinking "OMG am I finally going to have hiss free sound?" No dice. BUT I did also note the exact same holes in my battery! Turns out the headphone/line in jacks kind of jab into the battery. No acid, but still makes me very, very worried.

Ugh.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #663 of 795
Quote:
Man this player is buggy. It takes about 10 minutes to initialize after I load tracks onto it. I also need to carry around a paper clip in case I need to reset it because it freezes. The sound is ok, but I can't believe they would charge 500 bucks for such an unreliable product.

How many tracks do you have on the unit? Sounds like your tags are messed up. I have 2,500 FLAC files on my unit and it takes 45 seconds to initialize on each start up. I posted a guide on how to properly tag your music. Hisound players do not play nicely with lots of 3.2 tags. So remove those tags. It also does not play nicely with multiple tags embedded in each file. So if you have FLAC files make sure it only has the FLAC tag AKA FLAC(FLAC).

The thing is if you want to keep the organization of your tracks I say apply the 01 title, 02 title on your file names before removing the 3.2 tags and replacing them with 3.1 tags. This will allow for you to still maintain the proper numbering of your filenames but you will be able to do so in batches. Meaning Drag and drop an entire album and ensure it is listed in order and you can easily apply the 01, 02, 03, etc with the push of a few buttons instead of having to do each track manually. Just ensure to save the changes once you are sure the tracks are as you intend or it won't apply the changes. I hope the guide helps you as it worked for many others and was a life saver for me :wink:.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #664 of 795
Quote:
How many tracks do you have on the unit? Sounds like your tags are messed up. I have 2,500 FLAC files on my unit and it takes 45 seconds to initialize on each start up. I posted a guide on how to properly tag your music. Hisound players do not play nicely with lots of 3.2 tags. So remove those tags. It also does not play nicely with multiple tags embedded in each file. So if you have FLAC files make sure it only has the FLAC tag AKA FLAC(FLAC).

The thing is if you want to keep the organization of your tracks I say apply the 01 title, 02 title on your file names before removing the 3.2 tags and replacing them with 3.1 tags. This will allow for you to still maintain the proper numbering of your filenames but you will be able to do so in batches. Meaning Drag and drop an entire album and ensure it is listed in order and you can easily apply the 01, 02, 03, etc with the push of a few buttons instead of having to do each track manually. Just ensure to save the changes once you are sure the tracks are as you intend or it won't apply the changes. I hope the guide helps you as it worked for many others and was a life saver for me :wink:.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

Yeah, thanks for ur help mate. It's just such a PITA, when it's not necessary for any other DAP I own (I own quite a few). I deleted the post as it was an inappropriate thread. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #665 of 795
Quote:
Yeah, thanks for ur help mate. It's just such a PITA, when it's not necessary for any other DAP I own (I own quite a few). I deleted the post as it was an inappropriate thread. 

Well to be hoenst dcfac73 I had issues on my Sansa product, iphone4 and ibasso DX100 due to my tracks being filthy and not appropriate. Different DAPs have different quirks. My Sansa Fuze use to take 15+ minutes to fully refresh upon adding new tracks. Once I cleaned the files it took 5 minutes to do the same thing. This is with over 3000 MP3 files :). If anything it was a learning experience for me and my entire library is now organized and very clean (set up properly) where I don't run into this types of issues with DAPs anymore :).

I agree Hisound definitely needs work on the UI and hiss I feel. But so far this is the best sounding DAP I have. This is coming from someone who owned a DX100 and now also owns an iRiver RWA AK100. I am of this mindset now in particularly to the IEM I am pairing it with and it is by far the best sound I've gotten in a portable solution period. If they could just get rid of the remaining hiss, keep this sound and improve the UI this would be my perfect DAP and I'd sell the iRiver RWA AK100 in a minute!

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #666 of 795
Quote:
Well to be hoenst dcfac73 I had issues on my Sansa product, iphone4 and ibasso DX100 due to my tracks being filthy and not appropriate. Different DAPs have different quirks. My Sansa Fuze use to take 15+ minutes to fully refresh upon adding new tracks. Once I cleaned the files it took 5 minutes to do the same thing. This is with over 3000 MP3 files :). If anything it was a learning experience for me and my entire library is now organized and very clean (set up properly) where I don't run into this types of issues with DAPs anymore :).

I agree Hisound definitely needs work on the UI and hiss I feel. But so far this is the best sounding DAP I have. This is coming from someone who owned a DX100 and now also owns an iRiver RWA AK100. I am of this mindset now in particularly to the IEM I am pairing it with and it is by far the best sound I've gotten in a portable solution period. If they could just get rid of the remaining hiss, keep this sound and improve the UI this would be my perfect DAP and I'd sell the iRiver RWA AK100 in a minute!

You really think this player sounds better than the DX100? I was considering taking the plunge on that one.
Re: DAP's and loading times- My 2 x Sony Z series walkmen , Ipod Nano, and Classic, iHifi 812 V2 , and Colorfly CK4 all load pretty much instantly. My Cowon D3 and Samsung Galaxy S take about 30 seconds. 
The bottom line about the Hisound for me is that it's not polished enough to be sold to the public as is. I mentioned in my repost in a more appropriate thread that I need to carry around a paper clip with the player in case I need to reset it because it freezes now and again. That's a bit ridiculous for a $500 product.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #667 of 795
Quote:
You really think this player sounds better than the DX100? I was considering taking the plunge on that one.
Re: DAP's and loading times- My 2 x Sony Z series walkmen , Ipod Nano, and Classic, iHifi 812 V2 , and Colorfly CK4 all load pretty much instantly. My Cowon D3 and Samsung Galaxy S take about 30 seconds. 
The bottom line about the Hisound for me is that it's not polished enough to be sold to the public as is. I mentioned in my repost in a more appropriate thread that I need to carry around a paper clip with the player in case I need to reset it because it freezes now and again. That's a bit ridiculous for a $500 product.

Well I don't want to be misleading. With my Current IEM yes it indeed is. But that doesn't mean it will be the better sounding DAP with your gear. That is for you to decide.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #668 of 795
Quote:
Well I don't want to be misleading. With my Current IEM yes it indeed is. But that doesn't mean it will be the better sounding DAP with your gear. That is for you to decide.

Of course you're right, but it's nice to get informed opinions before spending crazy money.
I just received my AT ES 10 headphones. Do u own these, and have you used them with the DX100? I don't really like IEM's as I can never get them to stay in my ears no matter what sized plugs I use. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #669 of 795
Quote:
Of course you're right, but it's nice to get informed opinions before spending crazy money.
I just received my AT ES 10 headphones. Do u own these, and have you used them with the DX100? I don't really like IEM's as I can never get them to stay in my ears no matter what sized plugs I use. 

You never found the right IEMs then lol :p.

Nope never heard the AT ES10. I had the W3000 ANVs and sold them for my first pair of Tralucent 1Plus2 IEMs. I felt the 1Plus2s were a significant upgrade over Audiotechnicas Flagship headphone. There are also Custom IEMs available if you ever consider that route. I should be receiving my Heir 8As sometime this month or next month :).

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #670 of 795
Quote:
You never found the right IEMs then lol :p.

Nope never heard the AT ES10. I had the W3000 ANVs and sold them for my first pair of Tralucent 1Plus2 IEMs. I felt the 1Plus2s were a significant upgrade over Audiotechnicas Flagship headphone. There are also Custom IEMs available if you ever consider that route. I should be receiving my Heir 8As sometime this month or next month :).

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not really a fan of IEMs. I have the Triple Fi's and I think the bass response is a bit of an illusion. I think IEMs can't really produce the real bass that a pair of headphones can. Plus custom IEMs cost crazy money and I don't want to spend that much on them as well as the DX100.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #671 of 795
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not really a fan of IEMs. I have the Triple Fi's and I think the bass response is a bit of an illusion. I think IEMs can't really produce the real bass that a pair of headphones can. Plus custom IEMs cost crazy money and I don't want to spend that much on them as well as the DX100.

lol the TF10s are garbage my friend. Not even close to my 1Plus2 nor were they comparable to my other IEMs such as tape modded IE80s with silver cable, Sony MDR-7550s and FX700s. Simply put the TF10s are trash. I never saw into the hype they got as they really aren't that good to begin with :wink:. Yet they managed to sound worse after having them molded into Customs :wink:.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #672 of 795
Quote:

wow so the studio v is on par with ak100 in term on sound quality?

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #673 of 795
Quote:
wow so the studio v is on par with ak100 in term on sound quality?

With my Tralucent 1Plus2s you bet your ass it is :wink:. Actually I feel it pairs better with the 1Plus2s. The mids are insane on them. You hear everything in the mids with this pairing. Stuff that you will still strain to hear even on some of the best gear out there... It just makes it effortless. Even vocals that are going really fast are easy to keep up with. Its all in the imaging.

Still I'm gonna give the RWA AK100 some time as it does seem to be improving. But the Studio V is my number 1 unit to go to when using the 1Plus2s :).

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #674 of 795
Quote:
With my Tralucent 1Plus2s you bet your ass it is :wink:. Actually I feel it pairs better with the 1Plus2s. The mids are insane on them. You hear everything in the mids with this pairing. Stuff that you will still strain to hear even on some of the best gear out there... It just makes it effortless. Even vocals that are going really fast are easy to keep up with. Its all in the imaging.

Still I'm gonna give the RWA AK100 some time as it does seem to be improving. But the Studio V is my number 1 unit to go to when using the 1Plus2s :).

it seems that the studio v have alot of potential when its paired with the right IEM. sadly i still dont have that right IEM yet. i hope that my 8a would pair well with it.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #675 of 795
Quote:
it seems that the studio v have alot of potential when its paired with the right IEM. sadly i still dont have that right IEM yet. i hope that my 8a would pair well with it.

Wow you ordered the 8As? lol

Yeah I've been told the 8As should pair very nicely with them. If so an no audible hiss I'm gonna be very happy as that is 2 IEMs that go very well with it :). You are right on finding the perfect match with the Studio V. It isn't easy as its a very energetic DAP. Very potent stuff. But find the right pairing and its unbelievable the sound you can extract from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back