Tracks with insanely extended lows
Feb 13, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Genesis - Firth of Fifth.

I was listening to this song in my car today and was amazed at that low bass note over my car's system.

I remember back in the day it was said that when Selling England By The Pound was released, Firth of Fifth contained the lowest frequency note ever transferred to vinyl. I can't guarantee this was true, but that's what was said...

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #33 of 47
For some really amazing low frequency bass notes, check out some of the live material from the Grateful Dead. Phil Lesh is notorious for some crazy low frequency 'bombs' as they became known as. Back in '73 and '74 when they had the wall of sound, it was ridiculous.

leshhb.jpg

630_wallofsound.jpg

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #38 of 47
Kanye West - Love Lockdown

This track has some real bass, not hard hitting like A Mille. Just real deep bass

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brian “Lustmord” Williams is a musician in the subgenre of dark ambient.

Lustmord X2 - check out 'Heresy' - drop acid and let it rumble your brain between your cans.
PS - nice to see a Neil fan!

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #40 of 47
I love a good deep tone, but not when its overwhelming. Something on the level of Avratz from side 2 of converting vegetarians works nicely. Massive attack's angel is sweet if its not on a bassy can, otherwise it just sounds plain horrible IMHO... love the song though

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #42 of 47
Anything on the Massive Attack Vs Mad Professor - No Protection.

As an aside has anyone heard Dub Side of the Moon?

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lustmord X2 - check out 'Heresy' - drop acid and let it rumble your brain between your cans.
PS - nice to see a Neil fan!

That album would not be my first choice under such influence, it might rumble something loose!
wink.gif
Go for The Place Where Black Stars Hang!

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detritusdave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty much anything by Scorn....

I've been rockin' Anamnesis by Scorn for a while now - the bass is HEAVY and has a super dark groove...It really makes my subwoofer work overtime - my neighbours must hate me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back