Tracks with insanely extended lows
Feb 10, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 47
Test AC3 baby. **** gets deep
rolleyes.gif
and I dunno, maybe Slam- Pendulum?

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of Lustmord’s most notable collaborations include Robert Rich on the critically acclaimed “Stalker” and experimental sludge group The Melvins on “Pigs of the Roman Empire”.

Melvins are one of my all-time favorite bands. And said album is top notch.

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The album Dummy by Portishead. Stand out tracks are "Pedestal" "Numb" the ending of "Glory box"

Don't forget "Wandering Star"

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #21 of 47
Genesis - Firth of Fifth.

I don't know if the limit is my E500s, my iRiver H-120, my cMoy or what, but my setup struggles to produce that deepest bass note. In fact, I can exclude my H-120 as I was listening to this song in my car today and was amazed at that low bass note over my car's system.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brian “Lustmord” Williams is a musician in the subgenre of dark ambient. He started recording with the industrial ensemble SPK in the early 1980s. He utilizes ultra-low frequencies (infrasound — frequencies below 20 Hz, which have been known to cause feelings of awe or fear). Lustmord has extracted field recordings made in crypts, caves, and slaughterhouses, and combined it with occasional ritualistic incantations and Tibetan horns. His treatments of acoustic phenomena encased in digitally expanded bass rumbles have a dark ambient quality. Some of Lustmord’s most notable collaborations include Robert Rich on the critically acclaimed “Stalker” and experimental sludge group The Melvins on “Pigs of the Roman Empire”.

interesting..do you have a name of an album of his?

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #25 of 47
My subwoofer takes down walls with "Burn" by Nine Inch Nails off the "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #26 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by xantus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bjork - hyperballad

Oh yes.
biggrin.gif
One of the only songs my Senn HD280s does better than my 325is.
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #29 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strauss, Also Sprach Zarathustra

Where in the piece are the extreme lows in it? I'd assume with all acoustic instruments that there wouldn't be much below 50Hz.

I've been looking for some music with very low lows and haven't found it yet. My integrated amp has a 6dB at 30Hz bass boost that I've only heard kick in with test tones. I'm going to try some of the tracks from this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back