Toxic Cables Silver Widow Headphone Cable Review
Jan 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #46 of 105
Don't think of it as 2 months....(I did have a 14 week wait for my CSP2+ tube amp. I felt like it would never arrive) Think of it as a chance to get to know your LCD2's better so you can really appreciate the Widows when they arrive!

Congrats on the purchase. You will really love them.

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #47 of 105
Quote:
Don't think of it as 2 months....(I did have a 14 week wait for my CSP2+ tube amp. I felt like it would never arrive) Think of it as a chance to get to know your LCD2's better so you can really appreciate the Widows when they arrive!

Congrats on the purchase. You will really love them.

Thanks longbowbbs! The good part about the wait is that sometimes I forget about the cable and I remember about it and that makes me happy..a new toy will arrive! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #48 of 105
Okay my first post in this forum!

I've had my HD650 for a few weeks now and think it sounds great with the stock cable, however from experience, being a strong believer in quality cables I am looking to buy the Silver Widow...

Frank has quoted me £225 for a 6ft one.

Toxic have no returns option so I would like to be confident I am making a good choice. I've read the reviews on here and all very positive...

Am I making the right choice for the 650 ?

Many thanks,

Dav

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #49 of 105
Not sure, I'll let you know once I receive mine 
biggrin.gif

There should be more silver widow impressions up soon given that they have only just started shipping.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #50 of 105
I have two Silver Widows due in around 1-2 weeks
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #51 of 105
Well I look forward to hearing from both of you.
DarknightDK, I'm guessing you have the HD650 ?

It's a shame Toxic don't have any restocking policy - Frank could even charge a 10% fee which I'd be happy to pay if needed.   True, we'd all want to receive brand new cables when we order but I think cables are different to other hifi components which can clearly look used after first handling.  Should someone return one in 'perfect' condition, a cable can have quick inspection and correction done if needed.
Anyway that's Franks's business decision.

I paid £299 for my headphones and am happy to pay £225 for the cable providing it makes a significant improvement and is one of the best out there, letting me rest in peace I have made the most of the HD650 without splashing out on a new source/amp.  I wasn't keen on the HD700 so this still keeps me below their £599 uk price.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #52 of 105
You may have already read my review of the widows. I love them with my 650's!

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #53 of 105
Yeah it's that review that almost made me place my order... But I'd like to hear some more :)

Anything lacking with the sw? Then again you may not know till you hear better. I was about to order the basic silver one at half the price then starting reading reviews... Plus I tend to spend a lot on cables!

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #54 of 105
Given the price and the cost of the HD650's, I would likely not order anything beyond the Widows. I spent a good deal of time this week with the HD800's and they are better at twice the price, but the 650/widow combo holds its own very well. It is a strong price vs performance contender.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #59 of 105
You guys already know what I think!  
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #60 of 105
Quote:
That's another +1 though I'll be using mine with HD650

Hold on for 2-3 weeks, i am currently finishing off a batch of 150+ headphone cables which i hope to ship in a week, quite a few of these are Silver and Black Widows, so i am sure there will be more impressions in that time, on the appreciation thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back