Toxic Cables Silver Widow Headphone Cable Review
Dec 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #91 of 105
Special delivery from Frank today, only managed 10 hours burn today. Should have it sorted by New Year.

Congrats! Silver Widows are the best I have ever heard.

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #94 of 105
  Hi Frank,

Will the Silver Widows sound better with the Hifiman HE-400 than the Silver Poison?

Yes....It is a better cable.

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #95 of 105
  Yes....It is a better cable.

Thanks
smile.gif

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #96 of 105
SILVER WIDOW REVIEW
Ok, I can leave this to someone who can add more detail and more eloquent then myself.
Short version, are these cables worth buying, YES.
So you just spent a good bit of money on a player/dac/amp, and because you are here, you must also have spent a good bit of money on some new headphones, but like when build a high end PC, the setup is as only as good as its weakest link.
Don’t get me wrong, many stock cables sound great, but most companies want max profit, no need to really push the boat out on high end cables, so even though it all sounds good, there is room for more improvement, one area is cables such as these.
A few years ago I begrudgingly paid for a so called better cable for some IEM headphones, I did wonder if I would just think/tell myself they were better to justify the cost, but when I noticed better separation and detail, I was converted.
Not long ago I bought some LCD-2f headphones, everything sounding great (small-ish ST but that’s known for these) then I saw many cables out there and people filling forums, what different cables could add.
I saw Toxic Cables/Frank, get lots of praise, may take a bit of time, but that’s due to him doing it all, also swamped with orders, and like the saying, good things come to those who wait.
I asked Frank for a cable recommendation (best for setup) to which he said the Silver Widow, I emailed the poor man so many questions, he replied to all when he could (think he works 23hrs a day lol) very helpful.
Once the cable arrived, I did wonder again, will the fact there is a cost in this, will make me imagine added quality, the whole cable burn in thing, will it only show after many hours of use.
Well the cable came, excellent build quality, shocked is not the word when it came to sound, as soon as I swapped cables there was a clear improvement, detail, separation, and even soundstage, all went up a notch, had the biggest smile on my face.
Its very much like the first time you move from good headphones to high end, at times its better, maybe not night and day difference to start with, but you use the high end ones and then go back to others, that’s when its like “oh god no, cannot use these anymore”
Cannot rate my purchase enough, the build, the personal service and advise, and of course the sound, really is a case of doing the new headphones a service by treating them to a Toxic cable.

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #98 of 105
I own both a Toxic Silver Widow and a Norne Therium. Both are great cables that do their job. Is the TSW any better than the Norne Therium? Of course not. They are just cables, a relatively minor player in the entire audio chain. So can stop with the denigration of Norne or any others unless cable just does not conduct signal at all. Getting really ridiculous.

Oct 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #99 of 105
I was not pulling down Norne cables, I have a couple and I'm very happy with them, I was just saying the Hydra brings out slightly more detail especially in the highs, Then again I prefer the Therium over the Hydra for listening on the move as it's more flexible. I hear the Silver Widow is more flexible then the Hydra, so it's just down to personal preferences.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #100 of 105
Silver widow vs Black Widow ? Sound signature differences ?

Jun 27, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #103 of 105
which connections ?

Jun 27, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #104 of 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Back