Toxic Cables Silver Widow Headphone Cable Review
Dec 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #16 of 105

I hate ya..kittycat..u better check ur catnip fault..as it could maybe happen that its empty soon... Bad luck happens u know :D

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #20 of 105
Quote:
Very good review, thanks for taking the time, Like the Decware by the way.

Thanks!  The CSP2+ is amazing. Terrific amp and a great value.

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #21 of 105
Thank you very much for this review. How long have you been using the cables? I'm really curious if the sound changes due to burn in after a while. I didn't have my SP long enough to experience this.

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #22 of 105
I have had them a couple of days. They have about 30 hours on them total. There has been some burn in smoothing so far, but right out of the package they were an immediate improvement. It was not subtle.

I have had the Silver Poison's for several months now and they also opened up as I used them. I was not in the market for any new ones. Frank asked me to give these a listen. Big upgrade. Interesting since the SP's killed the stock cables. I did not expect another leap like this.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #23 of 105
Quote:
I have had them a couple of days. They have about 30 hours on them total. There has been some burn in smoothing so far, but right out of the package they were an immediate improvement. It was not subtle.

This looks like some seriously nice headphone bling!
wink.gif
I've never considered upgraded cables before, as I felt that it's the least amount of sonic upgrade for the cost, but I've heard nothing but high praises now by several reviewers for the Toxic Cables.

Since I'm 100% sure I'm not going to get rid of my Sennheiser HD650's, I'm seriously considering some toxic cables now as an investment for an already amazing headphone. And Frank definitely seems dedicated to his craft, which is something I can appreciate very much!
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #25 of 105
Thanks sensui23!...I keep hinting!  
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #26 of 105
Quote:
This looks like some seriously nice headphone bling!
wink.gif
I've never considered upgraded cables before, as I felt that it's the least amount of sonic upgrade for the cost, but I've heard nothing but high praises now by several reviewers for the Toxic Cables.

Since I'm 100% sure I'm not going to get rid of my Sennheiser HD650's, I'm seriously considering some toxic cables now as an investment for an already amazing headphone. And Frank definitely seems dedicated to his craft, which is something I can appreciate very much!
beerchug.gif

The Silver Poison's are less $$ and do make a nice difference. The Silver Widows are getting into some higher cost territory, but have provided the biggest improvement I have heard. I spent some time with the HD800's and the Swedish Entreq cables and I did not experience anything like this improvement.

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #27 of 105
Quote:
Great review on the Silver Widow....made me spring for a set from Frank (as if I don't have enough cables on order with him haha).  He should be paying you some commission.  =P

I have seriously lost count of the cables you already have on order, must be 20 of them by now. 

Correction, it's only 15, so you still have room to order more. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #28 of 105
OK...I am up to over 100 hours on the Silver Widows now....(Not all with me listening...Sometimes it is just Burn-in time....)

They keep getting smoother...The bass is just.....Solid....As it should be. Not overstated or boomy but firm and precise. Terrific clarity and the mid range is to die for. My system is the best I have ever heard. Actually somewhat affordable to in the context of Head-Fi and Summit Fi kits.....

Thanks Frank....They are the gift that keeps on giving!

BTW, the management does have their eye on things around here, so I have to keep it real!

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #30 of 105
I ordered 2 Silver Widows last week one for my HE-6 as an upgrade to the excellent Silver Poison and one to try with my LCD2.2's.
Should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back