Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it?
Aug 17, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #46 of 197
Quote:

No, I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I still have it =/

I was graciously given a review sample cable by BTG-Audio: http://btg-audio.webs.com/webstore.htm#ecwid:category=2609073&mode=product&product=12596470 and figured I'd do some last minute comparisons before I sent the cable out to you.  Once again I'm sorry for the wait but I figured I owed project86 a more thorough in depth review considering I've had the cable for so long. 

A few things came up in life but now I can finally focus. I do promise to finally get it out to you this week Kenman. 

Oops, sorry Ken. Didn't mean to do that to you. :p

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #48 of 197
I don't have IEMs but that's a very noble thing to do, project, to give people a chance to listen to it.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #49 of 197
Let me know when you send it. I was hoping to have it and do a small review before school starts, but we're getting closer and closer to that point. if it's going to ship and not get to me with a week before school starts I rather it pass me over since I dont know how much time i'll have at the beginning of a semester.
Quote:
A few things came up in life but now I can finally focus. I do promise to finally get it out to you this week Kenman. 

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #50 of 197
Quote:

No, I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I still have it =/

I was graciously given a review sample cable by BTG-Audio and figured I'd do some last minute comparisons before I sent the cable out to you.  Once again I'm sorry for the wait but I figured I owed project86 a more thorough in depth review considering I've had the cable for so long. 

I was offered a sample cable to review (not a freebie to keep) by BTG-Audio, too, and I gladly accepted, but then I got a message a few weeks later about there not being enough available for review but I could buy one if I wanted. Less than gracious experience on this end, but life goes on.

Edit: BTG-Audio was apparently swamped with orders at the time and wasn't able to ship one out to Vietnam when I told him I was ready for it. Having re-read our correspondence, he really didn't slight me in any way - business for him picked up suddenly and it just wasn't an ideal time for him. He has kindly offered to get one out to me some other time which is more convenient for him and his business. I have to say that his website is very appealing. He doesn't make any claims about cables changing the sound and seems to not believe in that theory at all. There's so much debate about it, so it's nice that somebody with some skin in the game is basically saying: "I make very very good custom cables and I refuse to tell you that they will magically transform the sound of your headphones. They look very nice, the build quality is top notch, and the ergonomics are excellent - that's all you will get from my cables." Basically, he has taken a stand that is quite contrary to many builders and for that, I respect him. This may translate into lower sales since he's not describing their sound-changing qualities the way an oenophile describes wine (notes of graphite and dark currant with a finish that hints of leather and camphor...).

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #51 of 197
Is this cable ever getting sent anywhere? it's been a week since my last post asking the same thing..

EDIT: Not trying to complain. Just seems like something that seems like a great idea and helpful to the community is getting forgotten about and it seems like their are a lot of people waiting for a cable that even the first person hasnt gotten. 

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #53 of 197
Whoever is after me, please PM Poetik. It's taking a bit too long to get the cable and I start school next week, so I do not know at this time how much time I will have to devote to reviewing/giving impressions on the cable in question. I was looking forward to this cable, guess I'll have to wait though.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #54 of 197
Quote:
Whoever is after me, please PM Poetik. It's taking a bit too long to get the cable and I start school next week, so I do not know at this time how much time I will have to devote to reviewing/giving impressions on the cable in question. I was looking forward to this cable, guess I'll have to wait though.

Same here, I start school soon. But still really interested in seeing how this cable performs heard many good things about it.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #55 of 197
Quote:
Same here, I start school soon. But still really interested in seeing how this cable performs heard many good things about it.

They are all lies. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #59 of 197
I should be next after kenman, and can be flexible with when I receive the cable/the amount of time I spend with it. Once we figure out what's happening to Poetik, I'll try and keep things moving along more smoothly.

Aug 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #60 of 197
Ive talked to Poetik earlier in the day. if you're next, message him your information so we can get things happening. 
Quote:
I should be next after kenman, and can be flexible with when I receive the cable/the amount of time I spend with it. Once we figure out what's happening to Poetik, I'll try and keep things moving along more smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back