Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it?
Jul 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 197
Hi, I just remolded my westone 4s from kozee, saw your review on them and did it. Took me a good 6 month to get my custom to fit nicely. I just got it back 2 days ago and I'm looking to better cables because the cable included is flimsy and I hate the over the ear tubing. So I'll really appreciate it if I can try this out. (I'm not in a hurry)

Jul 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #17 of 197
So how much use has this cable got? Is it okay if I burn this sucker in if it's not got lots of time on it? I should be receiving a replacement E17 amp and a special LOD splitter so I can charge my iPod and have it output audio to burn in my LOD at the same time. I have no problem adding the cable to the burn in list, especially when I should be getting my diyMod this weekend (hopefully.....their has been tons of delays) and will be burning in the internal capacitors most of the time next week and the week after. 

Also, I am about to re-read the first post, but I will take this out if I find my answer, is this cable the exact same as the ones that are being sold? Or is it using a different guage wire? If it's the same guage, but different color pin molds, that's fine and I can then make some initial impressions on the blog I write for. I wont do a full review of it since I wont have it for long, but I can give impressions on build quality and aesthetic looks and other things like that which the blog readers would probably appreciate and I'll post a link here. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #18 of 197
Quote:
So how much use has this cable got? Is it okay if I burn this sucker in if it's not got lots of time on it? I should be receiving a replacement E17 amp and a special LOD splitter so I can charge my iPod and have it output audio to burn in my LOD at the same time. I have no problem adding the cable to the burn in list, especially when I should be getting my diyMod this weekend (hopefully.....their has been tons of delays) and will be burning in the internal capacitors most of the time next week and the week after. 

Also, I am about to re-read the first post, but I will take this out if I find my answer, is this cable the exact same as the ones that are being sold? Or is it using a different guage wire? If it's the same guage, but different color pin molds, that's fine and I can then make some initial impressions on the blog I write for. I wont do a full review of it since I wont have it for long, but I can give impressions on build quality and aesthetic looks and other things like that which the blog readers would probably appreciate and I'll post a link here. 

It's got quite a few hours on it by now. I used it to burn in a new set of customs I got, so I'd say maybe 120 hours or so total. But feel free to burn it more if you want. I don't think it will matter, but it won't hurt either.

This cable is a production model with the exception of the black plugs. Those plugs are clear if you buy a cable now, unless you buy a black cable (then the plugs will still be black). You can order 24AWG or 26AWG - mine is the 24. So the answer is yes - this is a production model in every aspect that matters. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #19 of 197
Perfect. I have lots of gear to burn in, so I'll make sure it's at the 200 hour mark before I'm done with it. That seems to be the going time length for anything to do with silver wires. This probably would be the most needed for something that's only silver plated. Which customs did you get? I might end up using this cable to burn in a set of Aurisonics AS-1's if they both arrive around the same time.

I'll post a link to the impressions of the cable once I get it done.
Quote:

It's got quite a few hours on it by now. I used it to burn in a new set of customs I got, so I'd say maybe 120 hours or so total. But feel free to burn it more if you want. I don't think it will matter, but it won't hurt either.

This cable is a production model with the exception of the black plugs. Those plugs are clear if you buy a cable now, unless you buy a black cable (then the plugs will still be black). You can order 24AWG or 26AWG - mine is the 24. So the answer is yes - this is a production model in every aspect that matters. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #20 of 197
Hey Project86, what a great way to burn in your cable....
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, would you consider sending it all the way to Australia.........The trip will do it wonders.....also has a chance to rest on the flight, take in a movie etc.....

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #21 of 197
Will definitely get the cable out to the next person in a few days.  I just want to do more testing vs the TWag v2 that I have first. 

So far my impressions are very positive of the cable.  I'll post more after I do more listening.

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #22 of 197
Looking forward to that Poetic, as you also have both Miracle & Merlin. I also am using Silver cable Original Fortis. So I am very interested in your thoughts...

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #24 of 197
If it starts making its way towards SE Asia, I'll request a session. Otherwise, it's too far to ship conveniently. It looks real nice to me. I have a set of Chris_Himselfs on the way with the new batch of wire (supposed to have better ergonomics), so I'll at least put in my two cents about those even if I can't get a hold of these beauties.

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #25 of 197
Quote:
If it starts making its way towards SE Asia, I'll request a session. Otherwise, it's too far to ship conveniently. It looks real nice to me. I have a set of Chris_Himselfs on the way with the new batch of wire (supposed to have better ergonomics), so I'll at least put in my two cents about those even if I can't get a hold of these beauties.

SE Asia? If it comes to Singapore, well, all i can say is that there are loads of people waiting to try those :p

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #26 of 197
Yeah, Singapore seems to have a substantial audiophile community. Not to worry, though - I'll be happy checking out the Silver Ray.

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #28 of 197
Quote:
Yeah, Singapore seems to have a substantial audiophile community. Not to worry, though - I'll be happy checking out the Silver Ray.

I think it may be a little bigger than 'substantial' haha. Even Chris_himself admitted he has loads of orders from Singapore.

Jul 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #29 of 197
I have an old colleague from Singapore and I've been meaning to pay a visit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back