Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it?
Aug 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #34 of 197
Quote:
Not to rush Poetik or anything, But how long is everyone getting with the cable? 

From the OP, emphasis added...

Quote:
[...] please let me know if you would like to receive the cable for a week or so.

A week or so per person sounds reasonable to me in order to get beyond first impressions and have some time for close listening.

project86: Can you edit your OP with a list of the usernames participating? This'll make it easier for us to coordinate handoffs, since I don't know who's before me and whether anybody's following me.

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #35 of 197
Good idea, I'll update my first post with a list.

I haven't heard back from Poetik but I imagine he should be sending it out soon, if he hasn't already. I'll shoot him a PM. 

I'm not too worried about time from my end, and a week each sounds good. If someone needs more time then go for it, but keep in mind that others are waiting for a chance as well. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #36 of 197
Sign me up. It's no $1000 custom, but I'd really love to see what this cable could do to the lowly ASG-1.2's. I know a couple others are interested in cables too for these. If a ~$200 cable can make my ~$200 IEM sound how I want (which it's oh so close to), I'd take a dive. Why not, right? Then whenever I DID have enough money to treat myself to customs, I would have an equally great cable to match!

Also, I can feel all posh for a week knowing the cable has touched divine customs
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #37 of 197
Quote:
Sign me up. It's no $1000 custom, but I'd really love to see what this cable could do to the lowly ASG-1.2's. I know a couple others are interested in cables too for these. If a ~$200 cable can make my ~$200 IEM sound how I want (which it's oh so close to), I'd take a dive. Why not, right? Then whenever I DID have enough money to treat myself to customs, I would have an equally great cable to match!

Also, I can feel all posh for a week knowing the cable has touched divine customs
wink.gif

Sure! I'll add you to the list. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #38 of 197
Having not heard the cable myself, but knowing a bit about cables. The cabling won't completely help, but it may help bring a few other characteristics to the table that would (likely) change the overall feel of the ASG-1's. I would think that copper wire would be the best suited for those though, but I am not 100% sure, as I have yet to hear the tuning for that model. I am still waiting on my AS-1's and then I can tell you a bit more.

EDIT: and you can rest easy knowing they will have been in some AS-2's before arriving to you. I'll let everyone know what I think after I get it.
Quote:

wink.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #43 of 197
I haven't received any cable yet. Haven't heard anything from Poetik even in responding to me sending him my address. Has the cable gone to someone that's closer? 

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #44 of 197
Quote:
I haven't received any cable yet. Haven't heard anything from Poetik even in responding to me sending him my address. Has the cable gone to someone that's closer? 

No, I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I still have it =/

I was graciously given a review sample cable by BTG-Audio and figured I'd do some last minute comparisons before I sent the cable out to you.  Once again I'm sorry for the wait but I figured I owed project86 a more thorough in depth review considering I've had the cable for so long. 

A few things came up in life but now I can finally focus. I do promise to finally get it out to you this week Kenman. 

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #45 of 197
Yea, i'm planning on doing a review of that cable in a month or two as well. Good to see it's at least not just sitting around somewhere. Take your time, get it to me when you can
Quote:

No, I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I still have it =/

I was graciously given a review sample cable by BTG-Audio: http://btg-audio.webs.com/webstore.htm#ecwid:category=2609073&mode=product&product=12596470 and figured I'd do some last minute comparisons before I sent the cable out to you.  Once again I'm sorry for the wait but I figured I owed project86 a more thorough in depth review considering I've had the cable for so long. 

A few things came up in life but now I can finally focus. I do promise to finally get it out to you this week Kenman. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back