TOUR CLOSED - Hidition US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - NT6pro, NT6, and Viento >>> Starting May 2017
Oct 25, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #136 of 225
@Dithyrambes - Did you receive the kit? Has it been sent out to the next participant yet? Please keep us up to speed on the thread.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #137 of 225
Cleaning and SQ
Please note that the Hidition NT6pros have been my constant companion for years and I have found them to be hugely susceptible to the sound tubes clogging. Cleaned, they stand up to any TOTL CIEM in SQ, but over time as the tubes get wax build up the tuning changes. Uncleaned for a month and the sound goes from stellar to boring. I am cleaning mine at least once a week now and more often every other use. As a participant looking to hear the full SQ, please make sure to clean up front and again as needed to retain the full audition SQ. The biggest impact is on dynamics and transparency as the SQ seems muffled when clogged.

Please use the provided tool, but note that there is a filter in one of the holes close to the exit, so be careful while cleaning not to damage it. Just gently clean to remove gunk without jamming or forcing.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #138 of 225
Participation Rules Clarification
Please remember to do your part as a participant:
  1. Update the Thread: Please keep the thread updated for receipt/condition as well as shipping and impressions. This way the thread remains interesting and allows participants to follow progress to plan for receipt going forward.
  2. Impressions: Impressions help to keep the thread interesting even if you do not like them if you explain why. Sometimes we can help to fix any issues - pairing, cleaning, etc.
  3. Shipping Ontime: It is each participants responsibility to ship out on time on the 8th day. This means actively PMing the next or next 3 participants to get a viable destination prior to the 8th day.
  4. Proper Shipping: It is everyone's responsibility to only ship to a viable participant with follow up info just in case:
    1. NO PO Addresses: Must be a real address where the item can be tracked to a person.
    2. Phone Numbers: Participants must provide phone numbers and emails so that there is a channel of communication in case of issues.
    3. Tracking Number: It is critical to PM a tracking number to the receiving participant so that the recipient can arrange for the receipt - especially with signature required.
    4. Signature Required: To avoid the high cost of insuring, we have opted to go signature required to track receipt to a real individual. This is required in shipping out the kit.
  5. Enjoy: Please enjoy your time with the demo kit. It is a unique experience to be able to hear these fabulous toys in the comfort of your own home and with your music and equipment so please take full advantage and let us know how it works for you.

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #140 of 225
The kit has been sent to @Vansen . It will then go to Edric Li, then gearofwar . Sorry for the delay....didn't have time and hardly heard the tour unit.
Thanks, that's too bad though, really a great product. these auditions give you that week it takes to get used to the signature to make sure it is what you like.

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #141 of 225
Just curious if everybody cleans the same way as I do and if there are ways of cleaning I'm unaware of.

I rotate the drivers facing the bores toward the ground, and probe with the metal end of the cleaning tool. I have it facing down so that that when I probe, the gunk doesn't slide toward the drivers. Is it possible gunks can be trapped further down? What happens then? I know Ultimates Ears do a complete majntenance for a fee, and interior cleaning is part of it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #142 of 225
Just curious if everybody cleans the same way as I do and if there are ways of cleaning I'm unaware of.

I rotate the drivers facing the bores toward the ground, and probe with the metal end of the cleaning tool. I have it facing down so that that when I probe, the gunk doesn't slide toward the drivers. Is it possible gunks can be trapped further down? What happens then? I know Ultimates Ears do a complete majntenance for a fee, and interior cleaning is part of it.
I do the same thing for the same reason. Not sure how to remove anything stuck inside. Not crazy about the idea of shipping back to Korea due to cost/time.

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #144 of 225
-

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #146 of 225
Cleaning and SQ
Please note that the Hidition NT6pros have been my constant companion for years and I have found them to be hugely susceptible to the sound tubes clogging. Cleaned, they stand up to any TOTL CIEM in SQ, but over time as the tubes get wax build up the tuning changes. Uncleaned for a month and the sound goes from stellar to boring. I am cleaning mine at least once a week now and more often every other use. As a participant looking to hear the full SQ, please make sure to clean up front and again as needed to retain the full audition SQ. The biggest impact is on dynamics and transparency as the SQ seems muffled when clogged.

Please use the provided tool, but note that there is a filter in one of the holes close to the exit, so be careful while cleaning not to damage it. Just gently clean to remove gunk without jamming or forcing.

Have you ever had your IEMs serviced by Hidition since you've bought them? I have JHAudio replace the filters in mine about every 18 to 24 months even though they still look fine. It makes a hug difference in SQ.

Edit: If so, how has their service been?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #147 of 225
Have you ever had your IEMs serviced by Hidition since you've bought them? I have JHAudio replace the filters in mine about every 18 to 24 months even though they still look fine. It makes a hug difference in SQ.

Edit: If so, how has their service been?
I just got a new one made and found the signature had changed since my last version was produced. There is a language barrier the slows things down, but they are great when engaged. From my understanding, they employ a part-time translator so there can be delays between emails. The new version that I have now is more fun than the last so I am really enjoying it.

Oct 27, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #150 of 225
Why do you think it went to Vansen? The other two were sent pms and they didn't reply so then I naturally went over to the next participant and sent the package. I'm not dumb. Why do you bother asking such stupid questions? I don't even know Vansen personally.......so I don't know why you think I'm giving him priority over others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back